Omigosh... ASTRO!!!

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by babovic_sonja, May 14, 2004.

1. DoktorAtomik

DoktorAtomik Closed For Business

I thought she was very destructive, personally. I agreed with much of what she said, just not the way she said it. She spent much of her time alienating people like myself who would otherwise have been her natural allies.

As for getting banned..... well, if she didn't wanna get banned, writing abusive comments about skip all over the forums probably wasn't the best of plans. Hell, it looked like she wanted to get banned from where I'm standing.

2. Bug_Man

Bug_Man Banned

I feel much more at peace without her here, anyway. Few confrontations going on now. It's nice.

3. jesuswasamonkey

jesuswasamonkey Slightly Tipsy

I don't think she wanted to get banned. She has been pushing her luck a long time and I think she was starting to think that she could get away with everything.

I don't like to see anyone banned, but Astro has been very destructive to this forum. She posts some good info sometimes, but that doesn't make up for the fact that she would attack and alienate everyone who would disagree with her. Her behavior really wasn't any better than that of the trolls who were drawn to her like flies, and it is no way to conduct yourself in a civilized discussion.

I think her badmouthing Skip was just the straw that broke the camel's back. Ever since the change a lot of people have been complaining to and about skip, although Astro seems to have been the most extreme.

To be honest, I'm glad she's gone. For some reason I never understood she hates me with a passion. I couldn't make a post on this forum without her attacking me, I'm glad I can come back to the discussion now.

I do hope she is allowed to come back though, so long as she promises to behave herself in the future.

Perhaps she has learned a valuable life-lesson here.

4. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

Eye for an eye makes the whole world blind .... Be the change you wish to see in the world.
    Ghandi had a point.

It is a shame that Astro's gone, yes she was a bitch, but her heart was in the right place.

Hopefully the agression around here will be toned down. I can't truly believe the trolls/omnis are the only ones to blame for that. There were certain people who pushed her buttons big time.

Oh well I'm sure she'll be just fine.

TTFN

Sage

5. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

Someone left me a rep thing and called me troll girl. What a fucking moron. Grrr.....

6. rob1116

rob1116 Member

I fought with Astro on several occasions. Her views her what many would call extreme. Although she may have not known when to back down, I never saw anything that I would ban her for.

If she is banned, it's obviously one of two reasons:

-She openly criticized the moderator(s)
    or
    -"Censorship!"

Both reasons are equally asinine.

As forum goers on a board that supposedly encourages free speach and alternate lifestyles, I think we have the right to know exactly why Astro was banned...

Skip?

7. clawsy

clawsy Member

astro...had great posts and views on things imo. I dont post much but i really enjoyed reading her posts, and i dont think she is extreme at all. I think the forums will suck without her.