OMG, broken law and ruined career!!! My BF and my life is ruined

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by Codmouse, Jan 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Codmouse

Codmouse Senior Member

Because, I have been stopped and harassed by the cops enough you asshats. I'm gay, and a veteran (which btw actually causes more cops to fuck with u near military bases). I was walking into a gay club at about midnight to dance, which is late when you are not drinking (don't drink and drive, imagine that from someone you all have so quickly biased the shit out of). Speaking of which, its harassment in the fact on the gay side of downtown there were SIX cops, while none were on the straight side. Fucking side with me some and help. I just wanted to dance and walk by. Verbatim
    Cops:"What are you doing?"
    Me:"Howdy, about to go dance" (knowing the gay bar is right there)
    Cops:"Are you drinking?"
    Me:"what crime have I committed"
    Cops:"Hopefully none"
    Me:"I feel like I am being harassed, I would like to go"
    Cops:"You will stay here and talk to us for a bit"
    Me a few statements later, which is in the video:"I am not trying to be rude, I am trying to be as polite as possible. I don 't want to come off as rude, I'm being complient. Would you like to search me?" Then I let them search me... Thats pretty fucking polite you dumb fucks, unlike me now

With some very minor mistakes in the convo. They used their flashlight to look into the car, which isn't considered plain sight
    (aided sight according to a few lawsuits I have read). (I'm not referencing lawsuite right now, but will later)

Trying to prove people wrong and yourself right in every situation is pathetic and its not in the heart of a free spirit...

2. Codmouse

Codmouse Senior Member

You feel offended? Ok...

Brave sir rueben, now that you added something and spoke like a human to a human and not a computer: We can agree to disagree.

BTW, kyle just got back. GC/MS turned up nothing! What a wonder, Not using drugs pays off. Right?...

3. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

police don't bother people who shoot up in appropriate places.....having your needle where a cop can see it is on you....good luck

4. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

Ugh that's super shitty, Cod. I know nothing on the subject, but I hope everything turns out ok. :grouphug:

5. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

The right answer to the question, "are you drinking?" is "no".

6. sunshine186

sunshine186 midnight toker

See, you took it too far. When they asked if you had been drinking, you could have said no, and moved on. Had they continued THEN, maybe you could've cried harrassment. but they weren't harrassing you.

And LetLovin already helped you out. He informed you cops are allowed to ask you questions, and that the case will probably be thrown out if you just bring your damn card to court with you. what more do you want? tell your harrassment theory to a judge, not a bunch of stupid trolls on the internet. :rolleyes:

But your statement here is so ridiculous that you'll probably fuck yourself in the courtroom.

here's more help:

7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I can admit lots of things to myself, I'm a genuine person.
    But if you think I'm going to sit here, read shit and not post a reply then you're just as dumb as me. :bobby:

8. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

Pot....kettle....

You're being rediculous. This thread should be closed before things get out of hand

9. sunshine186

sunshine186 midnight toker

the only trolling that happened was people making jabs at you for adding your disclaimer of only wanting smart people to reply. you don't sound like a very pleasant person.

Someone gave you a smart reply and you start crying troll, accusing people of not reading the OP.

See a pattern here?

10. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

The thing is, it could have been more like:

Cops:"What are you doing?"
    Cod:"Howdy, about to go dance" (knowing the gay bar is right there)
    Cops:"Are you drinking?"
    Cod:"No, sir *smiles*... I'm driving tonight."
    Cops (check to see if Cod is drunk, realize he's okay):"Alright then, have a good time!"

11. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

Well from personal experience with cops...quite a bit of it, I have to say you fucked up when you asked what crime you've committed. In an ideal world, there would be no problem with asking that, but I bet the cops jumped on the defensive as soon as that phrase was uttered. They likely assumed you were going to be trouble and took it as an opportunity to see what they could get out of you. Is it right? Hell no, but that's how cops are these days. Do I think you have a lawsuit-worthy case against them? I can't say because I'm not a lawyer, but I do think finding a lawyer is in your best defense, and stop posting about it online because it might hurt any chances you have in court. Best wishes in regards to how this will affect you and your partner's careers because unfortunately, I have no advice as far as they go.

12. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

best advice was already given

first one was go to court..hopefully the jury is a fair one

second is to use the PM system if you cant handle the trolls

oh and welcome (back) to hipforums :D

13. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

hey cod, good to see you, but sorry it's under these circumstances.

unfortunately, i have to agree with the sentiment in this thread, that the cops tried to fuck you because they saw you as being cocky. i understand that you were just exercising your rights - but they don't like that! i've refused a search before and it got me thrown in the back of a cop car and threatened to be taken to jail, where they would search anyway.
    cops like these guys LOVE to intimidate people like us, who show the slightest hint of non-compliance. that doesn't mean following the law, that means following their wishes. if you don't, they are gonna fuck up your day.

i think LetLovin.. had some good advice. wait for your court and see if the charges get dropped. they very well may, especially if your Card does what it's supposed to.

hopefully this is just an opportunity to get scared straight, and won't really fuck up your career. but maybe you should quit "chipping."

what did they do GC/MS on? the needle and rig to test for heroin? i'm assuming your card allows you to have needles, but probably not heroin residue...so kinda a loophole where cops can still fuck you if they want to.

14. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Codemouse I notice you always say to the cops "I would like to go". This is wrong you must say "Am I being detained or am I free to go?". In your encounter you were under NO obligation to speak with police and you could walk away for example when you were outside the gay bar. Since you are not operating a car it does not matter and is no business of the cop if you have drank anything.

When the cop says you will stay here and talk he is tricking you with his words. Similar to maybe "I am going to search your car". He needs you to consent, and you can decline.

They must have a charge or suspected crime to detain you and with what you said it could be implied the encounter was voluntary on your part. Of course the cop hopes you do not know this. Usually when asked if you are detained the cop will not answer and continue to question and intimidate you, there is a good reason. He knows what your doing and if he names a charge or suspected charge things get very difficult from a legal perspective for him. But as long they operate in the implied consent vein it is easy for them. But also remember you can be detained for a short time for "investigation" without a crime being named. Some cops will say yes you are being detained but not name a charge. But they can not do this for a extended period. During this time they will question you.

So say nothing but "I do not answer questions" "I do not consent to searches" and "am I being detained or am I free to go". The right to remain silent applies at all times and not just when arrested. Remember they say anything you say can be used against you. This is very true it will never help to talk to police.

As for them seeing your needle at that point a search can be done because paraphernalia is in plane view. Your right to not consent to a search only applies when none can be seen. I am not familer with the needle exchange thing that would excuse you from a charge. But I can tell you that nothing will piss a cop off more then a situation where they are not the supreme authority. You told them something else over rode their ability to be the law and it pissed them off.

You had the right idea in flexing your rights but all it takes is a slightly wrong worded statement and the cop wins.

Also expect the cop to lie about everything I mentioned here. They are under obligation to tell you the truth. Know the law, stand your ground, and do not think they will tell you. Lying makes their job easy they are trained to be intimidating and misleading at the academy.

15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Fuckin' boot up brahh
    Boot up

16. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

no lawyer worth his salt would fight this.....you cant win.....I would go and request very politely to have a meeting with the popo and apologize like no tomorrow...beg for forgiveness....

then

go request a meeting with the d.a.......also apologize and beg for mercy and ask for a deal ....suspended sentence....

waiting until the court date will be your demise

ever see those people in court that stand up...it takes 2 seconds and they walk out free??

those are the people that went and asked for meetings to apologize and beg mercy

17. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

Apologizing is admitting fault. If that exemption card is valid then there wasn't any crime committed. At least none that was written on that ticket. What would he be apologizing for?

18. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

I wonder, was the cop correct in suggesting that OP had recently injected? Because I don't think it's legal to shoot heroin and then drive around either.

19. Wombat96

Wombat96 Member

Probably serves you bloody right...................sheesh!:biker:

20. kokujin

kokujin Senior Member

only charge I see is poss of paraphernalia and you have cards which (aren't expired) that allows you to have them in that city. I don't see why you just fight that in court.

who has experience with "am I being detained or am I free?" complete with a non-compliant smartass attitude? I wonder how often that truly works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.