Omega 3

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Mike518705, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Mike518705

Mike518705 Members

I have a few friends who are pushing me to start taking Omega 3. I have heard some good things about it and they really rave about it. Anyone here use it with success or is it a waste of time ?

2. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

It really depends man. What would you be taking it for? Theres also krill oil.

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Wouldn't take pills or drops. Just eat food that contains it naturally. Fatty fish and certain vegetable oils

parua, YouFreeMe, granite45 and 2 others like this.
  4. Mike518705

Mike518705 Members

Hi Rollinstoned, I guess overall better health. Two specific things would be to lessen muscle inflammation and boost memory. When you read about the benefits of taking Omega 3, it is hard for me to believe it can actually help you in so many ways.

5. Mike518705

Mike518705 Members

Makes sense Asmodean. That is what I really would prefer. Going in for my annual physical soon and trying to get some feedback on what people actually think about it.

6. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I take an omega 3. my dietitian recommended it, so I guess it can't be bad. But I heard somewhere it doesn't work. I don't even know what it's for! Heart health probably. :hearteyecat:

Anyone know what it's for and if it works? :D

Mike518705 likes this.
  7. Mike518705

Mike518705 Members

It claims to help you in so many ways like a wonder drug. Everyone can react differently to something like that. I will run it by my Primary Care doc and see what she thinks. Thanks soulcompromise,

soulcompromise likes this.
  8. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

I was taking 4 extra strength fish oil capsules/day for rheumatoid arthritis and then stopped when I ran out. Noticed more pain a few days later but who knows if it is related or not. So hard to tell.

Mike518705 likes this.
  9. Mike518705

Mike518705 Members

It really is hard to tell eggsprog. There are so many options out there claiming to help all our different needs.

10. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

You should find this medical paper helpful and free from hype.
    Remember that the omega 3 in Flora, simply comes from the rapeseed oil, so their is no need to make yourself sick eating cartons of it.

Omega-3

Mike518705 likes this.
  11. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

I find it funny that you guys call it rapeseed.

wilsjane likes this.
  12. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Not half as funny as when a condom manufacturer placed an advert for a 'tester' on their website.

I wonder how many off the applicants realized that it involved sitting on the production line using helium to test the molecular permeability of latex

13. Mike518705

Mike518705 Members

Thanks Wilsjane

wilsjane likes this.
  14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

If I take fish oil tablets, I get fish burps. That's a good enough reason to not take them. :) I've still been meaning to cook my fish fingers up, I have a box of 40 chilling in the freezer still. :D maybe this week.

15. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

preach.

16. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

a few years ago my mom started buying me a ton of vitamins for christmas every year, including these.

it seems like vitamin c might actually help my immune system. beyond that, all of them seem to have no effect whatsoever.

Mike518705 likes this.
  17. Mike518705

Mike518705 Members

Thanks, Can't go wrong with vitamin C

18. idahocowboy

idahocowboy Members

Just because they call a vitamin a vitamin doesn't mean it really is anything but fillers and sugar and crap that has been destroyed by heat. The key is partly to buy whole food vitamins. Another important fact is vitamins in pill form opposed to capsule most times are made in a press and heated thus destroying any true nutrients, always choose capsule over tablet. There's a lot more but I haven't the time....lol

Mike518705 likes this.
  19. idahocowboy

idahocowboy Members

Stay away from most ALL fish oil. Most comes from unknown sources and are actually rancid. Go with a combo of organic flax oil and hemp oil, alternate every other day.

Irminsul and Mike518705 like this.
  20. Mike518705

Mike518705 Members

Thanks Idahocowboy

idahocowboy likes this.