old skool nick shows

Discussion in 'TV' started by FunkyPhreshMama, May 18, 2004.

1. oscar_da_couch

oscar_da_couch Member

"Bite you once, bite you twice, a little water, pay the price" and then you were turned into a chamelion

2. oscar_da_couch

oscar_da_couch Member

the name of the show was the mystery files of shelby woo

3. oscar_da_couch

oscar_da_couch Member

actually it was called NickArcade and Marc Curry wass host

4. kozmic_doors

kozmic_doors Member

what was that one show with that red head chick?? I loved are you afraid of the dark! my favorite on was when the girl is like visiting her aunt's house and she's trying to make friends but the people wont let her in their group unless she spends the night in this one haunted house and she does, then she gets locked in the room...or the one with the pool and that one creepy ghost guy that drowned along time ago....JEEZ this is a major blast from the past. if these shows were still on, i'd probably never leave my house!

5. the zen-man puck

the zen-man puck Member

my Favorite show of all time is "pete and pete".

6. Broad_For_Hire

Broad_For_Hire Member

pete and pete (anyone remember that theme song?)

ledgends of the hidden temple (my uncle was the producer!)
    wild and crazy kids
    you cant do that on television
    ahhh!real monsters
    rockos modern life
    eurekas castle
    muppet babies

7. peacegal

peacegal Member

Hey smiley strange, you're lookin' happily deranged.....
    I miss all of those grunge-influenced shows, lol. I remember liking Pete & Pete in particular.
    When Roundhouse first came on, I remember thinking it was a "bad" show because they'd use mild cuss words and make sexual jokes. As I got slightly older, however, I began to watch it occasionally.
    I also watched Are You Afraid of the Dark? (I wanted my own Midnight Society, lol), Ren & Stimpy, Salute Your Shorts, Hey Dude, Clarissa,You Can't Do That, and--going back farther--Pinwheel, Picture Pages, Maya the Bee, David the Gnome, Maple Town, and Grimm's Fairy Tales (I think that was the title). There was another old-old-school variety show I watched that had a young Dave Coulier and a bunch of weird skits and interviews. It looked like the whole show was produced for about $10.
    I didn't really like Double Dare, because it was so repetitive. You always had people trying to catch liquid in a cup on their heads, running in a giant hamster wheel, and diving through a slide that looked like a big mouth and tongue for a minivan or an atari. I also disliked Wild N Crazy Kids, because it always seemed like such a huge waste to me (I guess I was an environmentalist even then.) Throwing hundreds of toilet paper rolls around, smashing food all over the ground, crushing brand new remote control toys--I just saw it as wasteful and adding more junk to the world. [Although, I did get some amusement from the show once--a bunch of kids fishing around in a tub full of letters for a 'hangman' game systematically pulled out the letters P, E, N, I, and S by chance.]
    There was also a pretty decent show about wildlife I used to watch when I was in upper grade school, but I can't remember the title. It was a boy and girl who would travel to different habitat locations and talk about endangered species.

8. Peace Attack

Peace Attack Make War

I wonder if there is anywhere to get a pete and pete dvd. That show rocked so bad, remember when they got locked inside the school and trashed it? Why did all these great shows get cancelled?! And just for the record spongebob is overrated.

9. LaughinEyes024

LaughinEyes024 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

thats my favorite episode...did you know they have salute your shorts on ebay?? i know some ppl that bought it off of there...sooo bitchin

10. WonTon

WonTon Member

man. this thread should be called, "new old skool nick shows". I remember when nickelodeon was born. you cant do that on television, double dare, pinwheel,.
    get slimed you spongebob freaks! :p

11. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

What about Mr. Wizard?

(Boy am I going to get it for this) :)

12. WonTon

WonTon Member

yeah dude. mr. wizard rocked. \m/

13. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

Don't forget the Smurfs. :)

14. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

I used to be in love with Little Pete fron Pete & Pete! (gotta thing for redheads)
    Sulute your Shorts was one of my favs. Not all the characters dropped of the place of the earth though. Melody went on to act in some other things and of course Venus Williams is a great tennis player. (not as good as her sis but what ever) I loved AHHH!Real Monsters and Rocko was my favorite nicktoon of all time.

I could never watch Legends of the HIdden Temple though. I always fell asleep. It was on right before dinner and I usually took a nap. I never got to see if the winning team made it through. Does anyone remember the name of the gameshow that was about video games? That host is now "Jimmy" on Yes, Dear.

15. gottssunfire

gottssunfire Member

i can remember when my life had to revolve around nickelodeon.

after Hey, Arnold though, everything started downhill.

then with the cancellation of invader zim nickelodeon put the final nail in it's coffin

16. gloom is beautiful

gloom is beautiful Member

they need to make dvd sets of ALL the old school nick shows...cuz that was some quality-ass television!

anyone see a show called 'you can't do that on television'??? they fuckin had communists come in and shoot in some kids house! it was a fucked up show...it may have been mentioned but i dont care

PETE AND PETE IS THE BEST!!!

17. apaininyourbrain

apaininyourbrain Member

That is a funny show! Esp if you are stoned!! That show can crack me up even when I'm depressed!

18. apaininyourbrain

apaininyourbrain Member

Hell I must be old, but does anyone remember that show on nick where the kids got slimed if they said I don't know? i used to watch that when I was a kdis and came home form school. What the hell was the name of it?

19. kppdlevel1

kppdlevel1 Member

Haha, the road trip. I can still hear Ug. WE'RE GOIN TO THE BEACH!

20. kppdlevel1

kppdlevel1 Member

Yes I loved that. Remember if they said water they got water dumped on them too. It was You Can't Do That On Television.