Old or New?

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by Loveminx, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Loveminx

Loveminx Sports Racer

My problem...
    Old or New?

2. Slothguy

Slothguy Member

Well you say cheating isn't an option for you... but you're thinking of going with the guy who you wouldn't trust around other girls? Wouldn't that pretty much be cheating yourself?

3. wldgrl1031

wldgrl1031 Member

If you just want a short thing then I'd go with the ex, but for any other reason I would stay with the new one. If you can't trust him then either he will cheat on you or you will worry about if he is cheating on you. Either way I don't think it would last too long. Not saying that you should stay with this new guy forever since you don't have too much in common. I would keep an eye out for a new new guy. (if that makes any sense lol)

4. mlee27

mlee27 Member

i wouldn't go for either one . the current bf , you are obviously going to hurt if your deciding whether you want the old one or the new one. you have a lot of complaints about him, "he's this but he's that too" and then the old bf is obviously going to do to you what you are doing to your current because your afraid and jealous of other girls and he's too tall.? are you looking for a trophey bf or someone you could actually care about? do them both a favor and choose neither

5. Haid

Haid Member

I would agree with above, I don't think either of them is your answer. It doesn't sound like you are into the current one and you are basically being deceptive behind his back. I am sure he doesn't know the extent of communication you are having with the ex. This is exactly why communicating with ex partners or new interests never leads anywhere good while you are in a relationship. The ex is probably an ex for a reason and you obviously have some trust issues there. So drop the current since IMO you are already betraying him and find yourself someone who has more of the qualities you are looking for.

6. mlee27

mlee27 Member

Agreed

7. Loveminx

Loveminx Sports Racer

Actually I told my new bf that I'm having feelings about the my ex.
    Of course he got mad but I was trying to be honest, I can't help still feeling something.

My ex wouldn't be a "trophy bf" ...it's just he's funnier and more like me. And yeah there are reasons why we broke up...but when it comes to every guy I've ever dated this guy just fits with me the most. Everything from values and hobbies, to dreams....he's even more artistic like me...

But I guess I have come up with my conclusion, which is I'm not going to mess up what I have to take a chance on this guy again.
    I guess when I wrote that I was just going through a crazy period and just feeling a little nostalgic of the past.
    I wouldn't hurt my bf like that because it'd hurt me to lose him.

(My bf and I have been together a year now. :))

Thanks for everyones responses. ^_^