old lady perfume

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by RainyDayHype, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Melanie_86

Melanie_86 Member

sometimes aa natural smells like a Kebab shop *facepalm* Lol

2. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

Too much perfume or scent on anyone can be overwhelming.

People need to realize that if you can smell your perfume then you are using too much.

A little goes a long way. :)

3. Melanie_86

Melanie_86 Member

absolutely yes! Green for that Heather :)

4. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

Here in the USA odor is the correct spelling. Since the op lives here in the US, I think you were right initially in using the (regular - lol) english spelling.

I also think that it is a combination of their senses diminishing and the fact that they would have used the same scent for years that makes it more difficult for them to really smell it. Therefore they tend to use more.

5. Melanie_86

Melanie_86 Member

I have my own forum and I set it to English/English......... so now all the American people whine and complain that their spell check is wrong Lol...

My mum uses about 6 different perfumes. She just overdoes it sometimes. Even my dad who is 62 notices it.....

6. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

Well people shouldn't really have a bad body odor as long as they shower daily.

I like when people smell like soaps. None of the "guy" soaps lol. What's up with axe? Gross. I like natural soaps a lot- lavender soap, shea butter, oatmeal soap...mmm!!

I'm having a bad elevator day. So I went in the elevator again. It's the elevators at my apartment complex. It seemed someone's dog peed in there. It smelled so horrible. Then the next time I used the elevator today, it smelled like both dog pee And old lady perfume. I think one of the old ladies here decided to spray a bunch of her perfume to try to mask the smell of the dog pee.................

7. AquaLight

AquaLight Senior Member

I like it. It hits you in the head so fast and so vividly that it kinda makes you high for a couple of seconds. :D

8. Mike Suicide

Mike Suicide Sweet and Tender Hooligan

that or someone's dog pee'd in the elevator to try and cover up the old lady perfume smell.

9. RainyDayHype

ha, maybe...dogs have a very sensitive nose, right?

10. Mike Suicide

Mike Suicide Sweet and Tender Hooligan

thousands of times more sensitive i believe.

11. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

It is not really about old ladies only, but about every person who pours whole fucking bottle of perfumes whenever they go outside...

12. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

No no no no. Perfume on top of B.O. just smells like a junior high locker room. B.O. isn't pleasant, but when it's poorly masked by Avon perfume, it's enough to choke a skunk.

Honestly I've yet to meet an old person who does besides my Nana. My grandparents on my dad's side did not and when I was a kid, that was just how they smelled, didn't really bother me. But then I got older and realized that smell was lack of bathing...ugh. lol. But no amount of perfume can cover that up.

God, the weekend before this past one we were at the park and this family starts setting up for a small child's birthday party under the same large gazebo we were under. This girl, probably about my age, maybe a slight bit older, comes walking up with a cake and I was damn near choking on her perfume before she even got to the table. And then she was probably about 20 feet from me, standing downwind, and I still was choking. It almost makes me mad, a little perfume is alright, but when everyone around you can smell you, you're wearing too fucking much. And it's so goddamned inconsiderate of people with sensitivities and allergies to that shit.

13. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I've been sitting in the car with the windows down and smelled perfume from someone who pulled up in another car - like in a parking lot.

I think the perfume referred to by OP may be Tabu ir Chantilly.

My grandmother used to have Tabu and Chantilly dusting powder on her dresser. I loved to go open the box and lift the puff when I was a little girl... She also had pretty little atomizers filled with perfume. What a memory...squeezing that little ball and putting some on...

Tabu and Chantilly smell like my grandmother's vanity...I bought a bottle of Tabu at a flea market just for the memories.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. oxyqueen

oxyqueen Member

I hate the smell of raw onion so much. Also what's worse than heavy perfumes is cat urine.. it's a stench that'll burn right through your nose. The cutest, fluffiest, most adorable cat can stink up a home to hell. Especially if there's multiples. :svengo:

15. RainyDayHype

yeah..
    I feel it's inconsiderate and rude to people around them. I remember when I used to take the bus a lot to class and I would sometimes get stuck sitting next to people who wore a lot of perfume. It was so horrible and stunk up the whole bus. I don't understand how they could stand smelling themselves.

16. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

I wear perfume very rarely (I've had the same 3.4 oz bottle for 7 years, it's pretty low, but it's still lasted me 7 years) and I even get self-conscious when I can smell myself. And I only ever do one spritz, usually on the boobs or ankle, and that's it.

17. Sassygurl

Sassygurl Member

Oh thank you for the memories!!! My grandmother had these both as well. Just seeing these pictures brought back a flood of memories of both her and the scent.

18. Melanie_86

Melanie_86 Member

the worst place in the world is a crowded train carriage late in the afternoon peak hour.........omg!!!!!!!!!

19. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

I wish a smell-based internet was already invented so I could give all of you guys a good sniff.

20. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

http://www.howstuffworks.com/internet-odor1.htm
    ^ Oh my god this can be really dangerous tool on some sites...