Old Hippie Here

Discussion in 'Flashbacks' started by Lucysky, Aug 19, 2005.

1. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Banned

only in their type dreeemz.

2. MaryJane69

MaryJane69 Member

I wish!

I had to watch the last Woodstock debaucle. Generation X just doesn't get the message.

3. Blueriver

Blueriver Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

You may be outnumbered on this forum, but you're definately not alone!
    There are plenty of us who have neither burned out nor faded away.

4. Lucysky

Lucysky Original Hippie

Glad to hear that, Blueriver. I have made some wonderful friends from this forum; all who have gone through similar life experiences to mine.

5. shadows

shadows Member

I never made it to Woodstock, but the song "Wooden Ships," sung by Crosby, Stills, and Nash had a big influence on me. Especially these lyrics:

Horror grips us as we watch you die,
    All we can do is echo your anguished cries,
    Stare as all human feelings die,
    We are leaving - you don't need us.
    Go, take your sister then, by the hand,
    lead her away from this foreign land,
    Far away, where we might laugh again,
    We are leaving - you don't need us.
    And it's a fair wind, blowin' warm,
    Out of the south over my shoulder,
    Guess I'll set a course and go.

I eventually left the States and ended up in Japan in 1983. Been here since and have managed to live a peaceful life. Not many hippies in this part of the world, though, so it's nice to find a forum like this one.

6. shameless_heifer

shameless_heifer Super Moderator

I was @ Woodstock. I was 18 and pregnat.. We rode from Anahiem to Asgars Farm in a converted bread truck and the driver farted the whole way there.. I was nausous and had to pee the whole time..no bathrooms..

7. irsis

irsis Member

Sounds like a great time for you.:p

8. HippyChick1960s

HippyChick1960s Member

Hey Shameless Heifer,

I went to Woodstock too. Some of its a blurr lol, but I still remember the guy thru the megaphone "don't take the brown acid, the brown acid is bad!" LOL

9. mosaicthreads

mosaicthreads Member

Wasn't at woodstock, but I remember fondly the outdoor concerts in the farm fields of Ohio, back in the day when a hippie kind of chick could afford them. Now a dayz ya gotta have the big bucks to attend. hmmm...

10. Crosslight

Crosslight Banned

As i remember, no real hippie would ever say " I'm a hippie''.......

11. shameless_heifer

shameless_heifer Super Moderator

OMG that must mean that I'm not a hippie and all this time I had it wrong. I guess it's different now daze ya didn't have internet and just went on what you saw. Ya didn't have to say you was a hippie, people knew just by looking at you.

What's the line between A Real Hippie opposed to an Unreal one.. I say I am Hippie so that makes me Not One?!?!? I have live a hippie lifestyle for 48 yrs and come to find out it was all an illuision, I was never a hippie and went through all that crap un-necessaraly.. does this mean I will have to turn in my Freek Flag..

12. irsis

irsis Member

Hi Shameless, You sound a lot like my step dad. He goes on and on about the good old days when there were real hippies around. He posted on this forum for awhile and sometimes I copy his stories and beat people over the head with them. So today I think I'll beat you over the head with this one;

Hippies

I worked very hard at being a hippy. Most people think it's real easy, you just lay around all day and smoke dope. Well ya I did that too but that didn't take me where I wanted to go. I took my place at the bottom of the economic ladder and grubbed along the way a hippy is supposed to grub along. Then one day I looked around and all my friends were lawyers and bankers and insurance salesmen. I was the only hippy left. Is this true?
    No matter, even if I am the lone hippy ( the other day I was riding a white horse) I still have many stories to tell. I knew a great hippy once. I bet you didn't even know there were great hippies. Well you won't find him in any of the books you read at school so it's up to me to tell you about him. He sold dope for a living and would never sell anything to anybody he didn't think could handle it. Often times he would go on the same trip with you to make sure it came out alright. One night we were thumbing down Sunset strip in L.A. and some colored dudes picked us up. There were four of us in the back seat and when we came to our turn I told the driver to let us out. Well he just kept on going straight ahead and I started getting a little nervous. I started yelling at the driver when my friend told me to cool it. I said hey man, we're getting kidnapped. He said not to worry. They took us to their house and we all went in. There were about four families there and everyone seemed friendly. My friend sat down in the middle of the room and started rolling joints and passing them out. We had a good time together and then my friend told them we had to go so they took us home. After we got out of the car my friend looked at me and said, those were really good people.

[​IMG]

13. Mississippihippie

Mississippihippie Member

I stumbled upon this forum and I find Dudley Do Right has posted something I wrote on MY website and used it as his own. Giving him the benefit of the doubt I assume it was not his intention plagiarize so in the future I would appreciate it if you would give me credit for things I have written.

the link to where it On Being a Hippie came from http://oldhippie.jimgreenlee.com/beingahippie.html

My web pages
    http://oldhippie.jimgreenlee.com/

http://peacepassiton.jimgreenlee.com/

PEACE!~pass it on~
    Jim
    The Old Hippie Lost in Mississipi

14. irsis

irsis Member

hi Jim, Now I do understand where your coming from and I have read some of the stuff you wrote and think it is wonderful, but I also know Dudley who is a real live hippie with all the loose ends that implies. So I guess what I'm saying is it all turned out great. You got to this forum, I got to read your stuff, and Dudley made it all possible. Now this is hippie thinking if I do say so myself.

[​IMG]

15. Lucysky

Lucysky Original Hippie

Irsis - I totally agree with you about Dudley. He is a true hippie and has become a wonderful friend!

Mississippeehippee - I am sure it was not Dudley's intention to be a plagiarist. He probably looked at your website, realized that he shared your views, and felt that the words he read explained his feelings about being a hippie. Posting on here is not a contest, so just be flattered that he liked your words.

By the way, your web-site is most excellent!

16. sweetbabyjames

sweetbabyjames Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Woah...man does that bring back the memories! Couldn't get the bells big enough so we would cut up the seam and sew in a panel. How about platform shoes? I wore boots most of the time; but I had this one pair of two tone brown and burnt orange platforms that were way cool. Chocolate chip cookies were always good; but Boone's Farm :) oh yea! "don't much care for it now though...remember the slogan.."Make Love not War"...I still have a pinback button that says that with a peace symbol

17. sweetbabyjames

sweetbabyjames Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Wow cool, I went to the Crater Fest in 75 at Diamond Head crater. Got totally fryed smokin' hash...crashed a few days at an apt. in "The Jungle" and hung out with the freaks up on North Shore