Old Cartoons

Discussion in 'Old Hippies' started by Meagain, Jan 26, 2005.

1. WE1

WE1 Member

No Matt. I'm sorry,but,I do not. I'm guessing that toy was not a national toy like let's say Barbie. But, more of a regional toy. Meaning many of the toys from that era never made it past the west coast. And many toys never made it past the east coast [depending on the location of the manufacture] for several reasons. Basically,if a toy was not a hot seller [profit maker] in the first year the manufacture would slow production or cease production to decrease loss. This would be especially true if the toy manufacture was a small one. Also some toys during there creation were designed for only limited production no matter how quiclky they sold. Remember how quickly our society was changing in the 60s?:) This rapid change was also refelected in the development of toys.The mid 50s thru mid 60s were considered the golden age of children toys. And there was so much variety[especially in toy guns] that some very good toys never caught on.I think the Tom Teriffic toy you mentioned would be a good example of that.

2. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

"They're Ruff an Ready....."

That's all I can remember....a cat and dog I think...I forgot about them.

Matt, I remember some kinda plastic screen you put on your TV and drew on, was that for old Tom? All I remember is he was a tornado or something with a funnel on top. Mighty Manfred...forgot about him..is that where Manfred Mann got his name???

Puff n Stuff...I was getting old by then.

Thundercats..weren't they puppets with rocketships or jets?

Hey, the Little King cartoon was way cool. He keep trying to get into some sheck's harem. He did manage to get his dog to get one of the girl's panties, which he keep pulling from his robe and sniffing! My wife loved it!

3. paulfreespirit

paulfreespirit Senior Member

magic roundabout yeah man . zebedy and dylan was always stoned ./peace/

4. WE1

WE1 Member

''They sometimes have there little spats,they even fight like dogs and cats but when they need each other fast there Ruff and Ready".

The same gentlemen who did the voice of Huckleberry Hound also did the voice of Ready the dog.

5. teepi

teepi living my dream

Heckle and Jeckle were some of the best.

Yeah tom terrific was like a colorform...with a funnel on his head.
    I also liked one that had a turtle( I think) who would time travel, and get into trouble and he's start yellin "Mr. Wizard,Mr. Wizard,and Mr. Wizard would have to chant "Drizzle, Drazzle ,Drozzle, Drome...time for this one to come home"...or something like that.Can't remember the turtles name though.

Felix the cat was cool too.

Snaggle tooth...."Exit...Stage left"...

6. softstarlight

softstarlight Member

Prince Planet "p...kapow"
    The Phantom
    Phantoma
    The Archies "everything's archie"
    the original Kimba "who's the king of animals in africa"
    but I would really love to see The Groovy Ghoulies again " it's time for the ghoulie's get together" :)

7. hippycarly

hippycarly Member

man, HR Pufinstuf must have been created by someone tokin on a big ole bong "pufinstuf", that show was freaky. As far as cartoons, when I was a real little kid I remember some cartoon with this boy who had a toy horse in his room, when he wanted to go on an adventure, he like put the horse on the floor and it turned into a real horse and off they went, anyone else remember that one? We only had 2 channels, so my sundday morning cartoon watching was restricted to either Jot or Davie and Goliath (I lived in the Baptist belt), saturday morning cartoons was Bullwinkle and Josie and Pussycats, then American Bandstand (wonder what these kids would do today wihtout cable??)

8. celeste

celeste Member

I love watching 'MERRY MELODIES'! Those folks were into some good,unadulteratd shit back then!

9. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

You can still find Davey and Goliath on the Familyland network. I think Trinity broadcasting still shows them too.

I almost forgot about Jot. That was Jot the Dot, right?

I remember the little boy who had all those vivid fantasies. He would daydream about being Napolean, an astronaut, etc. His teacher or parent would always snap him out of it at the end. He had the same voice as Davey Hanson from Davey and Goliath.

10. Floyd Soul

Floyd Soul The Walkin' Dude

My faves were the Warner Bros ones...Roadrunner, Bugs, Daffy, Elmer Fudd, Pepe Le Pew....I loved all them.

Also all the Disney animated movies....

11. MattInVegas

MattInVegas John Denver Mega-Fan

OMG!!!!!!! You just reminded me of anotherthing from that time.
    "Shrinky-Dinks"! This was a type of plastic sheeting, that you DRAW on, cut out your image in the shape you want, maybe poke a hole in it. Then, you would ask Mom to pop it in the oven fora few minutes, and you'd have a plastic toy/Amulate or whatever. (Sorry if my words are together.my Space Bar isbroken. :( )

Thundercats, were 1/2 Human and 1/2 Feline. You had Lion-O, Cheetara, Panthro, and I forget the other one. They were kinda like Captain Planet. Lion-O was the Male Leader of the group.

12. hippycarly

hippycarly Member

speaking of toys, did anyone have a set of those klick clack things? 2 hard plastic balls tied to a string with a ring in the middle of the string? one held onto the ring and clicked the 2 balls together.....those were cool, but hard on the elbows, face, head because sometimes those balls came off the string and busted windows, noses etc.
    CArly

13. teepi

teepi living my dream

yep, had light green kinda see-thru clackers.....fun, but dangerous.

Too big to put your eye out...just the right size to give you a concussion.