Old Cartoons

Discussion in 'Old Hippies' started by Meagain, Jan 26, 2005.

1. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

So, I got a CD of old cartoons, and disregarding the cartoon in which Ducky Wucky strolls into the Rooster's hareem cooing "Oooh step aside ladies, Ducky Wucky is here," in her best Mae West impersonation, and the one about the vegatables...I want to tell you of the excellent cartoon put out by Borden long ago. Yes Borden the food people.

There's these pre Smurf dwarf people who run around worshiping the sun, singing a song like, "Sunshine, beautiful Sunshine." They crank out a huge magnifing glass which concentrates the sun's rays into a funnel and direct it down into a still that liquifes it and shoots it into milk bottles.

Then they load it into a cart and while singing the Sunshine song, they deliver it door to door.

But....the Nasties shoot an arrow at them causing a war to erupt between them. The Nasties sing the "I'm sad and I'm Glad I'm Sad" song.

So, the pre Smurfs start throwing bottles of sunshine at the Nasties and the Nasties suck up smog from the tar pit into bug sprayers and start spraying the Pre Smerfs.

The Pre Smurfs, however, whip out their slingshot tree cannon and bomb the Nastie village with bottles of sunshine by shooting it down the Nasty Chimneys.

They end up storming the Nasty town and pouring sunshine down all the Nasty peoples' mouths which causes them to glow like lightening bugs and dance around singinging the Sunshine song.

The End

Makes you wonder what kind of drugs these people were on when they drew this stuff, don't it?

Then there is "Mr. Coffee Pot's Picinic"

2. WE1

WE1 Member

Yea, and it also makes me wonder were they got the drugs from and whether they have any left over for us...;)

3. teepi

teepi living my dream

Judging by the total shit cartoons they crank out now.....no leftover drugs ....so sad.
    Have you taken a look lately at Saturday mornings viewing pleasure????? Crap.
    Computer animation is crap too.....at least on cartoons....bring back the oldies!!!

Nothing like a few 'Looney Tunes' to get yer day rolling....crooning spoons,dancing matches...bottles of morphine on the counter...

4. sugarmaggie

sugarmaggie ~Green Eyed Devil~

LMAO..gotta have those damn bottles of morphine on the counter, what the hell is wrong with these people?? Cartoons are shit these days though, no doubt. Of course, I am tortured daily with them. About the only one I can watch is the Rugrats, now they're cute. You know what I hate even worse than the cartoons? The Lizzie McGuire kind of stuff. My daughter thinks she hung the moon and it annoys me to no end. Not only do I have to listen to it on tv, but I have to hear it on her cd player 24/7 as well. It is a daily struggle for me try and get her to listen to my stuff. We're making progress, she knows some Pink Floyd and Zeppelin songs now. Pray for me folks, PLEASE. haha My son isn't so bad, he's gonna be a rocker like his mama. He just digs punk right now, but I guess I can deal with that.

5. teepi

teepi living my dream

I know this is sick....but....I had about a week where I was into Bobby Sherman....AAAUUUGGHHH!!!!!!!..my secret is out......

Whew glad I straightened up....
    Don't worry sugar...with a mom like you...she'll find her way.

Love ya sister,
    teepi

6. carsick

carsick Member

have you not seen family guy?

7. teepi

teepi living my dream

nope.
    I will try it...my son actually mentioned it to me a few weeks ago and I forgot..
    I was talking more of what is offered up on the sat. morning network channels.

But thanks for reminding me...what time/day is it on?? and channel?
    I know there is a wise ass baby and i think a dog...

8. teepi

teepi living my dream

oops..sorry sweetie, i just realized your not in the states...I will look up the info.

9. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

recess is another pretty hip cartoon, along with the simpsons and king of the hill... recess is on the disney channell like 3 times a day, the first one being around 3 in the afternoon, then the simpsons airs twice i think around 5-6ish on fox along with king of the hill, king of the hill is also on FX starting around the time the others end consistently for about four episodes i think every weeknight, real funny stuff.

ohh and south park, cant forget south park. only time i am sure of is 10:00pm on wednesday on comedy central, its on a lot at night though usually.

10. teepi

teepi living my dream

the simpsons are great

11. poor_old_dad

poor_old_dad Senior Member

I do love the old cartoons!!

Two of my favorites, not yet mentioned are Felix the Cat & Rocky and Friends.

Peace,
    poor_old_dad

12. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

There was some great political and social humor in those old Bullwinkle cartoons. Like the one where Boris was supposed to shoot all the members of Congress with goof gas to make them stupid. After hearing all the Congressman talking for a few minutes, he decided not to shoot because, as he said, "Someone already beat us to it." :)

13. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

News Flash!!!!!

I just bought 12 DVDs of 100 old cartoons for $15.00!

The other DVD had two Felix the Cats, one really old, April Maze, these DVDS have Popeye, Tom and Jerry, Gabby, Betty Boop, Little Audrey, Little Lulu, Toby, Baby Huey, The Little King, Mutt an Jeff, Molly Moo Cow, Heckle and Jeckle, Toonerville Trolly, and lots more!!

I can hardly wait!

BTW the new Rocky and Bullwinkle that was out a few years ago was great!!!

Anyone remember Tom Terrific???

14. gate68

gate68 Senior Member

help me mister wizard!!!

15. WE1

WE1 Member

And,his pet dog the Mighty Manfred. I believe Tom was seen only on Captain Kangroo.

Anyone remember Ruff and Ready? I believe they came on right after Howdy Doody. I have there first adventure on VHS. But, I think my favorite was Crusader Rabbit. I also have Crusader Rabbits first show on VHS. And,yes,I'm a collector of childrens TV shows of the 50s and 60s and 1950s vintage science fiction movies and TV shows. I also collect videos of the mid 60s TV music shows Hulabaloo and Shindig.And of course my favorite TV show of the 60s The Outer Limits..................

......There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling the transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We will control the horizontal. We will control the vertical. We can roll the image; make it flutter. We can change the focus to a soft blur or sharpen it to crystal clarity. For the next hour, sit quietly and we will control all that you see and hear. We repeat: there is nothing wrong with your television set. You are about to participate in a great adventure. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to the outer limits

16. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

Little Audrey everything. I almost forgot about her. :)

17. MattInVegas

MattInVegas John Denver Mega-Fan

Didn't we all when Honeycomb cereal put that recording on the back of the box? Or was that Bobby Goldsborough???

My oldest son (Now, age 20) and I have seen EVERY episode of Thundercats!
    And many of the Captain Planet ones. My personal favorite was the ORIGINAL, "Space Ghost" Jan Jace, and Bleep kept getting into deep shit. Nowadays, I like to smoke a bowl, and put on some of the remakes.
    Anyone remember H.R. Puffenstuff? That whiney assed flute?!

18. MattInVegas

MattInVegas John Denver Mega-Fan

Hey, WE! Do you remember that plastic screen that we could put on the TV screen, and draw ladders and shit so that Tom could escape danger? I had one.

19. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

Oh man. You're killing me, Matt. :) TVLand actually brought that show back on Saturday mornings for a few weeks. It didn't last long.

HR Puffin Stuff. Who's your friend when things get rough? :)

If you folks like old cartoons, check out the Boomerang channel. It's the sister channel of the cartoon network. They have all the classic cartoons from the 60s and 70s. Yes, even the Banana Splits! Tra la la. My question is: Why did that teen girl and her Dad keep going back to Danger Island to get screwed up again and again?

20. homebudz

homebudz Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Crusader rabbitt.