Oklahoma twisters

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Pressed_Rat, May 20, 2013.

1. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

how is it NOT news? nature can't be news?

2. TAZER-69

TAZER-69 Listen To Your Heart! Lifetime Supporter

91 dead 20 children. I live just one mile from where the tornado passed on Sunday and killed two. We raced to the school cafeteria when they built it a few years ago they made it tornado proof. round-dome shaped and with bullit proof glass. It will with stand a F-5 tornado. We watch the one in our rear view mirror as we raced to the school. Yesterday the one in Moore was headed right back down the same path as the one the day before but luckly it didn't track that far. My family lost homes but all are safe. My prayers go out to ones in Moore who have lost everything including thier loved ones.

3. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

......:grouphug:.From Australia.

Cheers Glen.

4. TAZER-69

Thanks GLEN. We could use some of those today.

5. TAZER-69

Thanks Willy. Yes it will be sad around here for awhile. The bad thing is they haven't recovered all of the missing yet.

6. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Tornadoes do hit Penna fairly often, there has been a recorded F4 and possibly F5 over the years.
    One hit about 25 years ago out in Western PA while we were sitting in my parents backyard. We had just remarked about how strange the sky looked. We didn't know it had hit about a half mile up the road and tore up a few houses. No deaths.
    About 5 years ago another hit about a half mile away in the other direction, took out my cousin's house, blow off the roof and collapsed the walls. Again no deaths, I don't think.

Out here in Central PA one of my co-workers lost her house about 15 years ago. It disintegrated around her and her little girl. Nothing left but the slab of concrete it was built on. She was in the hospital for a little while.

Serious stuff. Those people out west have my sympathy.

7. TAZER-69

Good news... they did rescue 101 people who were trapped overnight.

8. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

You guys should all go build houses underground :p

9. TAZER-69

It would be no fun living in a cave.

10. Asmodean

I actually googled some pictures after I thought of that and I guess it all depends on where and how you built it! I even saw some houses in caves and those looked awesome as well.

11. TAZER-69

I always thought it would be nice to have a house with the front open and the rest buried in a hill side. I could mow the roof then.

12. Asmodean

Same here haha. It seems great to me. I also have thought how you could make an environment look great if all that was on the surface of a town would be the gardens etc. :biggrin: After a tornado hit again you would see everyone gardening :p Ah well, I'm sure that's not practical economically.

13. Ahmad Rashad

Ahmad Rashad Senór Member

Big duke and i runnin.g from the tornaders. He was a trooper!
    [​IMG]

Sad day for fellow oklahomies. City of moore has been hit so many times, its insane.

14. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Where Did The Two Of You Run To, A Storm Shelter, Or

Someones Basement...:).???

Cheers Glen.

15. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

In the words of Nikki Payne, commenting on people who are always making jokes about "Why do people in trailer parks always live in tornado alley? lol!"

Her response: "Because we're poor, that's why! Land tends to come pretty cheap when there's a 50% chance you're going to loving die on it!"

16. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

As of this morning's news they have changed the confirmed dead to 24 people. There are still missing people though.

17. Ahmad Rashad

Ahmad Rashad Senór Member

Just stayed on the road and got as far away as possible. We're prolly 10 min from moore and left as soon as we heard it touched down. That poor dog, his nose was going crazy! Kept his head down there for the majority of the trip.

18. TAZER-69

confirmed dead has dropped back to 51 they counted some twice.

19. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

I just hope nothing like that ever touches close to any of your friends and family. It affected an entire town, that's why it's news. And it affected some of the people here at the forums, that's why it matters. But thank god for people like you who are better than all those people who lost everything they own, and those who lost their lives, because you know nature can happen to you and you're so high and mighty you don't value possessions. Sounds like you're the one with an ego problem.

20. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

Should've named their basketball team the Oklahoma Tornadoes