Oklahoma twisters

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Pressed_Rat, May 20, 2013.

1. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Central Oklahoma is getting hit hard by some devastating tornadoes... some of the worst in recent years. Several schools were wiped out completely, and entire neighborhoods have been completely obliterated. This all just unfolded within the last hour, and more tornadoes are still popping up.

2. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

josh is in oklahoma :-(

3. skitzo child

skitzo child PEACEFUL LIBRA

It gets worse each year

4. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

They're right near Josh, too. The ones yesterday were right outside of Norman, which is where Josh lives. Josh is the first person that came to mind when I heard about these storms.

5. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Yea, saw about it on the news. Death toll are they saying so far yet? (had to switch from the news to little einsteins cause case can only take so much of that).

6. skitzo child

skitzo child PEACEFUL LIBRA

50 tornados in 24 hours

7. deleted

deleted Visitor

God's country is dirty, needs to vacuum it up..

8. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

Wow. That's scary.

9. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Probably a false flag attack.

Allah frontin' like he's the christian version of himself, you know.

10. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

It's absolutely horrifying. They're calling the one that hit Moore today the worst tornado in the history of the world. Some accounts are saying it was as big as two miles wide at one point. The pictures are just heartbreaking. All I've heard of is 4 confirmed deaths, but they're expecting many many more.

11. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

37 confirmed dead now. (was just raised from 4 by the national weather service)

Plus have long stopped looking for 2 classrooms of 3rd graders. (24 children prolly still in rubble).

All I can really say at this point is, you wouldn't catch me living out by Oklahoma, Kansas, etc.-tornado alley... tornadoes are fucking scary.

12. Meliai

Meliai Banned

You couldn't pay me to live in tornado country. Tornados are the scariest things in the world.

13. Kinky Ramona

[​IMG]

Seems like a big chunk of the US is tornado country

Also, chasing them is one of the best rushes I've ever had. However, had I been on that tornado in Moore, I would have been shitting myself, fuck that.

14. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

15. Kinky Ramona

I live on the edge of tornado alley in a trailer house. I like to live dangerously. Oh, and it's also affordable. lol

16. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Well, they were explaining earlier how the US tornado alley is the only place in the world that has them like that cause a combo of the rockies plus the jet stream... just certain conditions...

also if you live over there ppl are getting safe rooms put in even if they dont have a basement but those rooms were no match for this one.

and we get tornadoes here in PA but there's really too many hills for them to touch down. and when they do they sometimes take out a barn or something but they are quite weak tornadoes n if they touch down at all, they'll hit a hill soon and be gone..

but yea, id MUCH rather live somewhere where they is, say, hurricanes where id have enough warning to get the hell outta town then somewhere with tornadoes like that.

17. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

All what you're used to I guess. I was in TN once ... outside at this girl's pool (from here) and the sky turned all kinds of crazy (pretty!) colors (i got great pics...) and then a loudspeaker came on warning of tornadoes and to get inside.

ima just say....didn't have to tell me twice! i was IN...and freaking out and being laughed at too. but dude, that was scary as fuck. some voice in the air tellin me there's a flippin tornado coming. the fuck. scary.

18. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Yeah we get them here but they're tiny wimpy little things because I live in the foothills of the blue ridge mountains so we're pretty well protected. The worst one we've had come through here was in high school and I remember it blew the trailer that held the gym equipment at my school across the football field. It sounded like a freight train going past my window. It was terrifying and it was a pretty wimpy tornado. I couldn't handle living somewhere where life threatening tornados are a yearly reality.

Appearantly parts of the south that hasn't traditionally had tornados are getting them with increasing frequency lately -parts of Alabama, Georgia, and Tennessee.

19. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

A t.v. weather guy said he thought it must be ef5 .

20. deviate

deviate Senior Member

I've seen a few tornados and waterspouts on the river here, pretty insane.

That's horrible about OK. I can't imagine.