okay...

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by Bloody_Kisses, Jun 27, 2006.

1. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

[​IMG]
    if your talking about tar, you have to take into consideration the amount of anything smoked. i wont even refute your claim that "there's 5 times as much tar in weed as in tobacco." the average cig smoker will smoke a pack a day (about 20 grams of tobacco.) . the average daily smoker will smoke a gram or two a day. maybe less depending on quality. so even if your claim of 5 times more tar where true, the average cig smoker would get more in one day than the average daily weed smoker. but all of this is obviously circumstantial.

lets get to the facts now!
    ok, we've smoked, our lungs are full of tar, now its time for our body to kick in and clean them out. the tobacco smoker is going to have some problems. tobacco causes the bronchi to constrict, which impairs the natural healing process of the lungs. the weed smoker is going to get some help cleaning up those lungs, because marijuana opens up the air channels making it essayer for your lungs to clean themselves out.

now, lets think about why a case of cancer has never been successfully been linked to marijuana, and why millions have been linked to tobacco. what could be in tobacco that causes all these cancer cases. maybe an additive, required by law, that tobacco growers put in there soil. maybe, just maybe, cancer could be caused by.........Radiation!.... specifically, by phosphates in the soil of tobacco crops that are rich in 'radium 226'. radium 226 breaks down and different elements become air-born and attach themselves to the leaves of the tobacco plant. specifically it breaks down into polonium 210. Polonium 210 emits alpha radiation which has been shown to cause cancer. marijuana does not come with any radioactive risk, luckily, but it probably would it it where controlled by the government, such as tobacco.

so now a tobacco smokers lungs are covered in uncleanable tar that is rich in radioactive material. where as a marijuana smokers lungs are pretty healthy, besides any irritation caused by the heat of the smoke.

also, as we all know tobacco is addicting physically and mentally. where as marijuana is only addicting mentally. most marijuana smokers will only smoke for a few years at the most and give up as they get older. where as most cig smokers are stuck for life. but again this is circumstantial.

2. Groovy Toker

Groovy Toker Senior Member

Weed cost more so I better be gettin that extra tar.. mmm

3. 40oz and chronic

40oz and chronic 'Nuff Said

stop visiting abovetheinfluence.com

4. Radiohead

Radiohead Member

i dont think it would. Because the reason there's crazy chemicals put into cigarettes is that if there werent they'd be like American Eagle cigs, which dont give you that buzz and dont make you crave cigarettes as much. Because people that smoke cigarettes can smoke alot more cigs than for example joints because a cigarette doesnt give you an hour or two high like marijuana does. Cigs are brief, 5 minutes. So if their were addicting chemicals put into cannabis from the govt, people would start having big problems. And marijuana wouldnt be a good thing anymore in everyones opinion.. unless you grew it yourself

5. KyndVeggie4Peace

KyndVeggie4Peace -[ in.bloom ]-

The government always ruins everything.

All that's important is money folks.

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Haha, may be it was something else as tar. Don't know for sure.

7. CoRriNieRiNniE

CoRriNieRiNniE Member

pot is a natural thing. its not a man made substence like cigs... so i doubt its harmful to your body at all...

8. Willy_Wonka_27

yep, just like cyanide...

9. Bloody_Kisses

Bloody_Kisses Thizzler

Well excuse the fuck out of me.

I wasnt sure so i asked the stoners. Being a dickhead wasnt nessecary ;)

10. 40oz and chronic

40oz and chronic 'Nuff Said

tobacco is natural too. well mostly.

11. happyonehit420

happyonehit420 Member

yea, um, the national organization for the reform of marijuana laws (better known as NORML) recently pulled a study in which they found that there is no positive link between lung cancer and cannabis smoke. I trust NORML, so, I guess I would say that if they can't find an obvious link with cancer (as they did with tobacco), then there probably isn't the risk of getting lung cancer from smoking pot.....

12. Sezzy

Sezzy Member

yea, tar comes from burnt plant matter

13. WhisperingWoods

WhisperingWoods too far gone

You asked a question about Bob Marley, called him a fool, and then said "face it people, we may get lung cancer," which is entirely untrue. I'm thinking, "wow." I merely called you out on the cancer thing because it's totally unfounded.

Being a dickhead is always necessary when my comments are taken personally, regardless of content. Hey, it's all right. I just wonder why some people put things in their bodies without first reading up on what that substance is.

"Here, smoke this. It'll getcha high!!"
    "Ok"

14. Sodium + Chloride

Sodium + Chloride Member

Cuz like, I just wanna get high ... ya know?

15. KyndVeggie4Peace

KyndVeggie4Peace -[ in.bloom ]-

You should still have an idea of what your putting in your body. I ALWAYS check out Erowid and a few other sources before I try a new drug ... You only have one life, don't fuck it up.

16. FURBY.R.HOTT

FURBY.R.HOTT Member

ok, i am so tired of hearing all this "its natural, it cant hurt you" bull shit. ok, natural things can be good, but theres also natural things that can really hurt you, like jumping off cliffs. "ooh the clifs natural, i wont hurt myself, what? wear a parachute? fuck that, its not natural, i might die!"

17. WhisperingWoods

WhisperingWoods too far gone

Yeah, what about all the poisonous plants that grow wild? Aren't those natural?

18. jean_genie

jean_genie psychedelic saturday

eeeexactly

19. Willy_Wonka_27

i didn't say anything about addicting chemicals i was talking about CANCER causing chemicals!.... go back and re-read!

20. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Indeed, and marijuana seems to contains some stuff that's harmful for your body as well. Just like natural tobacco already has some.
    And what about sugar? That's fucking healthy.