Ok, this rona ad pissed me off so much it deserves its own thread

Discussion in 'The Media' started by Vanilla Gorilla, May 29, 2020.

1. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

This ad is 4 weeks old, but it was the first time Ive seen or noticed it tonight

It starts off very inspiring, I thought, oh, its going to be an ad for a charity

...then it got half way through started to get too schmaltzy, i thought, oh dont tell me this is going to be a bloody telco ad

....then, the reveal at the end, a f***** ad for soda? You slimey little weazels

mysticblu21 likes this.
  2. KL71

KL71 Yanks since '81/Fins since '83 :)

What pisses me off is when super rich celebrities are shown at home and proclaim "We're all in this together!". Bullshit! You're loaded. A month in your house won't kill you! I swear that when I hear that line, it's like we're in a group that's about to watch "High School Musical" or something! :angry:

wrat, mysticblu21 and Orison like this.
  3. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

yeah that is kind of disgusting.

mysticblu21 likes this.
  4. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Yeah, was a huge Tom Hanks fan until early 2020 when him and his wife caught bat virus in Aus, and yes, he did a video on instagram or something and yes, uttered that line "we are all in this together" Tom Hanks net worth $US400 million

....then when they were cleared from 2 weeks in quarantine....they flew back to US in a private jet...just like all the little people do, because we are all in this together

wrat and mysticblu21 like this.
  5. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

and then there was the Madonna one which was like a parody of the type of video you're both describing. but real.

6. Bicaptain My Captain

Bicaptain My Captain Members

Well, it ain't "I'd like to buy the world a Coke..." I guess AUS hasn't seen the Liberty Mutual insurance ads that seem to inflict stupidly on American televisions.

7. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Did not like ad in op, I doubt I'll stop drinking coke over it, however it did make me look to see all that Coca-Cola brand owns and the alternatives and I didn't even realize they own Monster Energy and Dasani Water as well...

8. KL71

KL71 Yanks since '81/Fins since '83 :)

Yes...and Pepsi owns Aquafina.

9. Gul Dukat

Gul Dukat Kanar, anyone?

You wouldn't take a private jet home if you were worth $400 million US or is it you wouldn't have used the little solidarity line?
    Not sure either is much of a black mark against him, personally.

Bicaptain My Captain likes this.