ok, this may be a bit obscure but... I'll ask anyway.... !

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by cerridwen, Jun 29, 2006.

1. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

What I'd love to find is a knit or crochet pattern for a Grateful Dead dancing bear... or at least a pattern for a bear that looks extremely similar, + the collar part too. I can't seem to find a link, even though I've googled it.

Can anyone help me out? :) thanks!

2. hummblebee

hummblebee hipstertist.

Draw one on paper, and fill in/figure out what stiches would fill it out. Then add the negative space with another color to make the whole thing look square. voila! Your pattern is complete. I've never been any good at knitting - crocheting's my thing - but I'd think you're probably better off just doing the bear and negative space, then adding in the collare, eyes, and definition in the legs (there's usually a line to define the inside leg, up toward the belly) ON TOP, as a second layer. Make sense?

3. Critter1223

Critter1223 Member

Do you crochet at all??? Because if you did, you could get a basic pattern for a stuffed bear, and adjust it. Make the head a little larger, etc. And add the collar to it after....That would be the easiest way that I can think of.:)

4. hummblebee

hummblebee hipstertist.

lol, I only just realized you might mean a STUFFED bear! I was just thinking of the image of a dancing bear, like to go on the bottom of a scarf or something!

5. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

yes, I do mean a stuffed bear.....

And I do crochet, although I do prefer the look of knit better....

I've done a few searches for bears in general as well, can't seem to find a bear quite right though. If anyone has any links or their own patterns it'd be greatly appreciated.