Ok I don't get why the USA have a thing against Julian Assange - Educate me please

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deleted member 313194, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Why do the USA have this grudge against Julian Assange? Educate me please.

Asmodean likes this.
  2. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Because he tells the truth by exposing corruption within the government.

But when it became a partisan issue during the 2016 race. Democrats didn’t like their corruption being exposed. Now they want his head on a stake.

Personally, I think we should mint his face on our currency

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

because you're getting your news from 5 years ago.

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

Free Julian..

Mustard Tiger likes this.
  5. Nah i'm not. You see i think that the usa need to drop their crap charges against him.
    The guy is not a spy.
    He's just some bloke who was holidaying in the usa who happened to be at the wrong spot at the wrong time.

6. lode

lode Banned

He's a rapist spy.

Okiefreak likes this.
  7. deleted

deleted Visitor

well he's a friend of them long-haired hippie type pinko fagg's but she even has got a commie flag tapped up in his garage..
    He snake in the grass I tell you guys he look like dumb just a disguise and he's a master in the way of espionage..

8. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

What about Manning though? Would Assange even get perceived as such by you if it weren't for Mannings 'traitorous' effort?

9. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Assange was not in the USA. His headquarters were in Stockholm. He is an Australian. A spy, and he used his hacking powers to create Wikileaks. And we all know what that was all about.

If you need to know more read the article at this link:
    WikiLeaks - Wikipedia

SuzanneAU1977 likes this.
  10. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Sorry he was not just in the wrong place at the wrong time, and was not in the USA. Sorry... you need to read the article above and get educated.

11. Asmodean

He was in the news recently because his UK extradition trial has started.

SuzanneAU1977 and ZenKarma like this.
  12. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i keep forgetting that some normal people still pay attention to "the news." from what i see, the only people who watch that shit are 6 eye shaman and storm mountain guy, and whichever other randoms make their way into the political threads until they get sick of it.

SuzanneAU1977 and Irminsul like this.
  13. Asmodean

I watch and read dutch news. It's not as charged or ridicilously biased as all american news apparently is (i suspect there are gradations and you guys have some worthy news papers still too. In fact, it suits alt right trolls like 6-eyed to portray all mainstream news as bogus)

ZenKarma likes this.
  14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

The only news that's accurate is the sports results page.

wilsjane and SuzanneAU1977 like this.
  15. Asmodean

How can you determine that if you haven't followed it in years and when you take notice of it it all seems the same kind of fluff? ;)

I would say the tv news is too short and often a bit superficial on topics due to that.
    But we have really good news papers and background info in those and in docs (and talkshows) in our neck of the woods.
    People who dismiss all of that are usually just not interested. Or it suits them to reject it all for a peculiar reason.

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

17. Asmodean

18. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

You kinda learn tho. Like in the US it isnt about diligently reporting the news it's about beating the other guy. You gotta come out with the story before anyone else and what I see a lot is the 1st source to break a story usually puts it out before they even have all the facts. They rush and they get sloppy. So I typically have a wait and see mentality when breaking news hits.

Also, I cross reference a lot. If a news source makes a claim, I try and find other articles to back that claim up. If I find a few that do, I'll generally accept it as at least pretty close to the truth. When I come across 5-6 articles about the same thing that are all saying something different that's when I get sus. I think some people tho will find the 1 article in that cluster that aligns with their values and assume that one must be true. The reporters of news are supposed to be objective, but so should the consumers of it

19. DMBFFF

DMBFFF Banned

Julian Assange is a hero, however flawed.

The rape charges were politicized: I figure he was unsafe in Sweden, despite its cool reputation.

Manning is a hero.

The GOP used him in the early days, but they aren't really about transparency.

The Democrat establishment hates him because, fuck!, it was hers to win!

As the alt-right continues to morph, they have no use for him.

To the heroes: Assange, Manning, Snowden, Ai Weiwei, and Pussy Riot!

20. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

https://www.biography.com/activist/julian-assange

I don't know...

I did a little bit of research on Bradley Manning - Chelsea. She is thought to have betrayed the government, but for the right reasons. I think she went to WikiLeaks with her info. So, the question becomes who's side do you side with. :)

I don't want to side. :sunglasses:

DMBFFF likes this.