Ok drug testing, and time

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by We_All_Shine_On, May 12, 2004.

1. We_All_Shine_On

We_All_Shine_On Senior Member

Ok my friend is fucked, she has to get a drug test by her parents request....
    she was wondering, what gets pot out of your system fast? she said cranberry juice... like it works, but what can she do?
    please help her :)

2. We_All_Shine_On

We_All_Shine_On Senior Member

she smoked yesdterday. she hasnt made an appointment yet. Its next week or longer. if she doesnt smoke any, will she be ok?

3. EllisDTripp

EllisDTripp Green Secessionist

NOTHING gets pot (or any other drug) out of your system except for time. The various "detox" drinks etc. are nothing but a SCAM. They only appear to work because of all the liquid you are instructed to take with them.

Drinking lots of liquids (plain water is suggested) can help dilute your urine so that the traces of drug that are still there fall below the cutoff level of the test. Taking a B-vitamin supplement will help restore the color and odor to your urine, to hide the dilution.

Other methods of beating a drug test involve substituting someone else's (clean) urine for yours, or spiking your sample with various chemical additives that screw with the chemical reactions used in the drug test.

4. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

drinking lots of fluids is the easiest thing.

5. sef

sef Member

6. LuciferSam

LuciferSam Member

Though this by itself won't do much, exercising can help. Cannabinoids are stored in fat cells, and the leaner you are the quicker it exits your system.

7. God

God Member

She should get down on her knees, and send a little prayer to me.

8. ericf

ericf Member

I am going to repeat what most of the people here have said.

If she was a heavy smoker and/or heavyset there is no way she will be clean in time for the test. The more fat a person has the longer it takes to detoxify. The more you smoke the longer it takes (aren't half-lives great).

I suggest she take it as far off as she can put it. Exercise will help but not much. The day of the exam drink lots of fluids. Take it in the afternoon so she has gone several times (the earlier urine is most concentrated). Skip the B vitamin (too much and they will give you a positive because they know you are drinking lots of water). Instead drink a variety of fluids.... coffee, water, cranberry juice, orange juice, everything. Drink at least a gallon and a half of fluids before going in.

In the stall... they shouldn't be watching her... start peeing in the toilet and move the cup under mid-stream... it is messy but it also results in less concentrated amounts of the compounds. The stuff they test for settles at the bottom of the bladder and most of it comes out in the first second or two of peeing. This is a little messy but it is better than the alternative.

After that, she should pray to whatever gods there be. With any luck the amount will be below the cutoff (there will always be some but hopefully not enough for a positive). Keeping my fingers crossed for her.

EDIT: The reason the variety of drinks is better than the b vitamin is they won't spike a test. And they will return the color and odor to the urine. Especially the coffee... enough of that and they won't be able to smell the normal ammonia at all and won't suspect if the odor is off. The juices help keep the color...

9. EllisDTripp

EllisDTripp Green Secessionist

Exercising is exactly what you DON'T want to do in this situation.

Yes, the cannabinoids are stored in the fat cells, and exercise that burns fat will INCREASE the levels of metabolites in the urine, exactly the opposite of what you need to do.

10. ericf

ericf Member

You exercise the days before the test... not the day of... but it won't help that much anyway. She would need to exercise like a madman to decrease the half-life signifigantly.

11. HappyChild

HappyChild Member

I drank one of the detox drinks and it worked for me.
    I had one glass of water afterward, that was it.
    Of course, my sample was neon green, but hey..i passed!

12. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

there's a cool little thing at erowid.org. a thc calculator. it's under canabis, go hunt it down. pm me or something if you can't find it and you want to.

13. bye-byethepound

bye-byethepound Member

The only thing to do is put it off until she has no other choice...take shots of vinegar (sp) every day until the test day....drink gallons and gallons of water..