Oil Prices, Iran, and Venezuela

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Lucifer Sam, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Oh, that makes a lot more sense 79 million billion liters...

Oil talk is confusing...

Well I do feel kinda dumb for bringing that up...

You're right... But thats still 70+ more years of oil we have to work with, and if all else fails, I walk to work anyway.

And hydrogen fuel is still very feasible....

We're never going to run outta water.

2. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Well you're country wouldn't know about it, because nobody depends on you for anything, but if you lived in an important country, people would always be begging you to go and do some kinda crazy shit in the third world.

3. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

we often hep out when needed cause the UN is often involved...

4. spooner

spooner is done.

if i lived in america i'd leave. no more taxes to the american government thats killed hundreds of thousands of innocents. you may not be able to stop it, but you can definetely not be a part of it.

and name an instance of american altruism? the only possibility i can think of is world war one. and that was a long time ago.

5. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

never mind lodui, if some kid up in Canada wants to look down on all 300 million people living here, its pretty apparant who is right, and who is a complete jackass.

Leave and go where Spooner, most americans have nowhere else to go.

6. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

You kiddin? America's got it all, babes, bucks, it's much better living in an awesome country with a few violent tendencies then some Boring icy craphole.

How bout we invade your country? It might liven up the joint.

7. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

may i remind you spooner that most peple aren't ready to change their jobs and leave their freinds, family, and pretty well life behind because some dink got elected into office

8. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Heh, sorry, I can't help it... I love making fun of Canada. :D

9. seamonster66

It isn't easy to just move to another country anyway....in Europe it is but not here. I'm practically the only one i know who could even do it if they wanted to because my wife is European....

even if you can do it legally, it takes lots of money, money that people might not have.

Anyway, seems like the kid just wants to feel superior because of where he was born, he's more of a nationalist than I will ever be.

10. Lucifer Sam

Lucifer Sam Vegetable Man

Haha, don't worry about it. We all make mistakes, eh? But now I hope you can gain a better understanding about just how urgent and serious Peak Oil really is.

How do you get 70 years?

First, there are approximately 1 trillion barrels of cenventional, accessible oil left on the planet. The world's current rate of use is approximately 82 million barrels a day. Even if demand remained the same, which it will not, there would be about 35 years of oil left. However, oil consumption is on the rise, and there is no sign of it stopping.

Plus, you have to realize that oil does not simply fuel cars. Oil is used for COUNTLESS products including most plastics & fertilizers. Peak Oil will take a huge gap out of the food supply, which means the population will be forced down to a sustainable level. There is simply no way to keep food levels at their current level without oil.

You need more than water to make hydrogen.

Some researchers claim that when oil prices soar transportation will not become a problem. Most of these people feel that hydrogen will rush in to rescue frustrated drivers. However, the idea of hydrogen salvation is a naïve one. There are only two commercially viable ways to make hydrogen. One is to make it out of methane, which is a fossil fuel that will also in time deplete. The other way is to use fossil fuels to generate the electricity needed to electrolyze water to get hydrogen. However, when the above mentioned method is used, six gallons of gasoline are used to create enough hydrogen to replace only one gallon of gasoline. Therefore, the process is energy negative and not an option.

11. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

CAnada's cool, our governments talking about same sex marrige...we have sort of decriminalized pot, low drinking ages, more than 2 parties...

12. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

nationalism is stupid....the same thing as racism

13. seamonster66

I'm not ripping on Canada, just Canadians who think they are better than me by birthright.

14. spooner

spooner is done.

i know its hard for you to imagine, but things do happen in countries other then america. canada's done genuine humanitarian work in many countries - afghanistan, the ukraine election, and many others. not that this is a dick measuring contest.

15. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

But thats what You've been doing this entire time.

16. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

ahem...may i add that it is not just canada, although on the cbc news [cause global is too "fear fear fear, danger danger danger" for me] they say "canadians this" and "canada sent that" lots of it is the UN orgainizing these things...

17. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Eh, I like Canada, I just like poking fun at some people who talk as if they're superior to me by being born a couple kilometers over a government drawn line.

18. spooner

spooner is done.

actually its not so much pride in being canadian as it is pride in not being american. i don't see how you get me being a nationalist, i din't bring up canada lodui did. i'd just as soon live in ukraine or france or wherever.

19. FreeBird1969

FreeBird1969 Fleas on their paws.

Krystin's confused. :(

20. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

I understand jealousy when I hear it.