Oh youth, do we still know the meaning of word 'ruth'?

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by borut16, May 10, 2004.

1. borut16

borut16 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Hey,
    I just got an idea to start a thread like that from PP's thread in UK forum, but well it doesn't really matter.
    I started a thread like that on the old forums a month or two ago, but I thought as seeing we're all "new" here, I'd start a new thread.
    Well, there we go...
    What can we do(youth) to change the world for the best?
    Any activists on here? If so, please tell what you do, how you got into it, etc.
    I'm interested in activism, as I might join activists when I'm a bit older.
    Do you think protests change anything?
    Is there a way to boycot brands which are exploiting people and work on the basis of poverty(Nike, for example)?
    Anything else in that way, discuss!
    Love,
    Borut
    P.S.:

2. thepixies

thepixies Member

i think that to change stuff for the better we need to get rid of all taht is bad

preferably with a raygun

3. kier

kier I R Baboon

but is everything so clear cut?

can you judge everything that is good, and that which is bad? if you change bad things so they are better, it will make a start :)

take the combustion enjine, it caused the huge leap in technology. Most of them use diesal (sp?) or petrol, but there are clean(er) fuels you can burn, and ways to stop all the nastyness coming out. this will provide time for a better solution to be formed, such as a hydrogen enjine or something :D

4. borut16

Yes, but how?
    Do you think protests can change anything(except for these tiny things)?
    What can we do to change bad things in good?

5. Dilapidated

Dilapidated Member

Hmmm... I think we should start with something basic. Like equal rights for EVERYONE. Meaning gay marriage is legal, men and women get the same pay, etc.

6. borut16

I'm sad to say, but I think gay marriages won't come in law so soon(maybe in 10 years or something), 'cause most catholics *i'm from a catholic country, so I know that, liberals have most of voice, though* are against gay marriage.
    But when it comes to equal men and women rights, there I believe it's possible and ready for a change. Much has changed in last 40 years, but NOT enough yet.
    Just, what can we do to help things like that happen?
    That's the question I have, I want to help things turn out for the best, but I don't know what to do...

7. kier

kier I R Baboon

rome wasn't built in a day

but each day parts were added, parts were changed, and parts were removed

what i'm saying is, protests do help improve things...but they aren't gonna change the world in a day, things take time, but every bit helps, no matter how small

8. borut16

I agree. But I just don't know if protests are the way...That's the thing that's been bugging me; is it new political party we need? Is it something totally else that we need? (for example; buliding the Rome -> hand work - protests; machines - x) Does anybody know the answer?
    Or, should we try and slowly improve the stuff with protests and petitions, and alike?

9. Jennyflower

Jennyflower Member

I think he has a point. the people that we think do bad things, are sitting there now thinking they are doing good. and vice versa. its all very confusing.

10. underwhelmed

underwhelmed Member

or maybe it would be just great if we all could join in one political party and all agree, and save this world

11. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

In my honest opinion, i don't think protest is the answer, and i don't think a new political party is either. Every Nation on the planet practices one form of injustice or another. Simply having a "nation" breeds conflict, and later injustice. As grim as it sounds, i belive minimalism is the key. When all you think about is how to get food and water and not starve to death, no one gives a shit that new cd player, or those nice shoes at the mall. It's little, peity crap like that that's ruining our society. By starting a new political party, your simply digging the hole a little deeper.

12. thepixies

thepixies Member

i dont know where it was but there was a place where they burned all teh tires, because they burn well and all, as a fuel and tehre was a special chimney where they converted all of the bad gases into allright gases so it caused no pollution

13. SunshineRevolution

SunshineRevolution Member

no protesting may not be the answer...but it can at least help, spread the word maybe, its better then doin nuthin

PEACE and LOVE

14. borut16

That would be the best, but look at all the people; quite few don't give a f*, unfortunatelly...

15. below utopia

below utopia Baby did a bad thing