Oh, What Became of the Likely Lads?

Discussion in 'Music' started by soulrebel51, Jan 27, 2005.

1. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

Is anybody else really into The Libertines?

They had a few pop-punk songs on their latest cd, but for the most part I really liked it. I don't yet have their debut cd..

And does anybody have info on their breakup? :(

2. yamamamo

yamamamo Member

Pete Doherty has formed (or joined, I'm not sure!) a band called Babyshambles. Their first single just sounds like an average Libertines song. Carl Barat has recently been diagnosed with a brain tumour or something along those lines. I'm not sure what Carl Barat is doing musically at the moment though.

3. soulrebel51

Ah man, that's not cool.. :(

I've heard the first Babyshambles single, it's alright...

4. KasabianRulesMan!

KasabianRulesMan! Member

Yeah the band had split up just after two albums...and well Carl Barat want to form a new band but probably not before the end of the year. I had just their first album that i love better than the second one...there's not evolution in their sound between both albums but i still want to buy the second one...it's just... u know... economic problems snifff ...but i've got too much disc to buy &
    Barat and Doherty don't depend on me to survive apparently !
    Oh and Doherty had a new girlfriend called Kate Moss!!! eheh!
    bye

5. Gladstone Screwer

Gladstone Screwer Member

To be honest I thought you were posting on the wrong thread about the TV show 'Whatever happened to the likely lads'

The Libertines are average like the other NME darlings. They also carry on that stupid "Rock n roll" lifestyle that has nothing to do with rock n roll itself.

6. Voodoo child

Voodoo child Member

I like the libertines. What became of the likely lads was my least favourite song by them, although it is a good song. A friend of mine has the album, but i dont have it yet either.

peace and love
    xxxxxx

7. yamamamo

yamamamo Member

lol i heard about that. For people who don't know of her, she's quite a 'classy' English supermodel so all her friends are surprised about her choice of boyfriend.

8. carsick

carsick Member

i dislike them, everyone knows they take drugs an i think they love it. i watched one of there recent videos and they had make up on to make them look as ruff as possible,like theyd been up all nite takin drugs. baaahhhh

9. LooLoo

LooLoo Member

Whats your point? I think you'd struggle to name many quality musicians who dont take any drugs. There are some obviously, but whether you like it or not music goes hand in hand with certain drugs.

Ok, Doherty takes it further than most and is undoubtably a crackhead fuckup, but the fact that he can still make exciting music despite this just proves his talent.

They're personal habits have nothing to do with their music.

10. carsick

carsick Member

i dont have a problem with them taking drugs at all but i think shovin it peoples faces to show how hardcore they are sez something about there personalitys - thats my point

im know im just relieving anger on little imperfections but things like that piss me off

11. soulrebel51

I've heard this, but I have yet to hear their first cd..
    Burn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p
    I found this out a couple days ago... holy hell, I want to be a rockstar, she's so fine. :D
    You mean the groupies and the drugs? There's a reason why the phrase "Sex, drugs, and rock 'n' roll" is synanymous with real rock 'n' roll...

12. Sunny Afternoon

Sunny Afternoon Member

I was listening to one of their songs and it was taking forever for me to get into it.. and as it came to the end of the song I was like "ah, this is okay.." and then they ruined it with a crappy harmonica solo. o_O

I don't like them very much. :/

13. soulrebel51

haha... what the hell song is that.... :D

I don't remember any harmonicas... :p

14. LooLoo

LooLoo Member

Fair point... Yeah I don't really like their personalities either, they seem like a bunch of morons. Still talented though...

15. Gladstone Screwer

Gladstone Screwer Member

Well it is time that rock n roll grew up, sex, drugs etc should be nothing to do with music unless they are reflecting their experiences. The leather pants and groupies thing is pathetic.

16. soulrebel51

Sounds like someone is musically untalented and jealous of all the fun that rockstars are having...

Leather pants, drugs, and groupies are a part of what makes *real* rock 'n' roll.

17. Gladstone Screwer

Gladstone Screwer Member

That lifestyle has no appeal to me and is for dullards. Real Rock 'n' Roll is about music. Buddy Holly's glasses represent it more than idiots like that. If anyones definition of fun is being a smack head well its a bit stupid. Oscar Wilde or Idiocy I choose butch Oscar.

18. soulrebel51

Haha damn man, take that stick out yer ass and loosen up... :D

19. Gladstone Screwer

Gladstone Screwer Member

I am aware that not taking part in the recreational activities previously mentioned is seen as being uptight or abnormal, but only by people who are not very bright. I am not unloose I just require more than this type of "fun" has to offer. It would be nice if your threads were an answer of substance rather than your last post.

Basically I don't like the physical company of others, I prefer to be on my own but anything that is different is hard to comprehend it seems. You shouldn't assume that everyone is shallow enough to be jealous of that lifestyle.

20. KasabianRulesMan!

KasabianRulesMan! Member

Look at this guy ...you seems to be a straight man....
    there's nothin' worst than republican rock or christian rock ...
    and the question is not if a band is doin' drugs ...which drugs and how much...a good rock band can be clean or druggy ...it's all in the music in their work of art not in the way that they live...
    A crazy guy artist is for me far more interestin' than a gentle Britney or J. Simpson...
    You' can 't judge by the way they act or the way they look...the music will always be the reason why we like or not a band....