OH NOOOOOOO Any Doctors in here? Please help!

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Flav_cool, May 26, 2004.

1. john_the_pothead

john_the_pothead Member

worst-case scenario, probably won't happen, but if you do get caught, would it be all that bad?

just tell your dad you like your lifestyle and that he should be uderstanding,theres nothing he can do...and the harder he trys to hold you back, the more you're going to rebel (i.e. sneak out at night to smoke, not come straight home from school, etc)...would it be all that bad not having to worry about your parents catching you anymore

or you could say you do it occassionally or you were just trying it out once or something like that

2. Flav_cool

Flav_cool Member

Yes i know. But i have a really good relationship with my parents and my dad is all weird about this stuff (old european). Like he thinks I'm totally lost in life or something if he finds out. He doesn't know what it's all about.

3. john_the_pothead

john_the_pothead Member

yeah i know what you mean, i hate that...like if your kid does drugs you fail as a parent or have done something wrong, or something bad happened to you or you had a bad life or something... that pisses me off

and my dad used to trust me and everything but with my grades and marijuana use, i have lost some of his trust

stupid society...

but the majority of seniors have tried pot, so its unrealistic for your dad to expect you not to try it

4. Ocean Byrd

Ocean Byrd Artificial Energy

Trust me, I got found out in the worst way possible, I was taken to the hospital on a suspected overdose (I don't think I truly overdosed, but it was better safer than sorry) and they drew blood and screend my urine. I tested positive for things I'd never even done, like opiates and anti-depressents; they also thought that I smoked ciggies regularly o_O.

Don't worry, if your doc tells your parents, you can do whatever it is that is done to doctors when they break the Hypocratic Oath.

5. Velouria

Velouria Member

Ocean, did they think you OD'd on pot? That's absurd.

6. john_the_pothead

john_the_pothead Member

i've almost been taken to the hospital twice for alcohol poisoning... that would suck a lot, probably one of the worst ways for your parents to find out...besides you dying or something

but velouria (sp?) is right, you cant od on pot...

7. Flav_cool

Flav_cool Member

I"M SAVED!!!!

Apparently my mom tell me that my dad called the doctor and they found some other shit in my urine, nothing to do with drugs. They called it albumin or something but that's in romanian, i gotta translate it to english, I have no idea waht it means.

OMG i'm so happy. :D THank you for all your assurance guys.

The doctor wants to redo the urine test monday thats all. Phew...lol, should i smoke until then? jks...i don't think i'm taking THAT risk again. although friday at my school is this huge party and we had all this planned...crap

8. Ocean Byrd

No, Dextramathorpan; I was questioned the next day about suicidal thoughts because I had problems with depression in the last year. It's suggested that you only take 24 mg of the anti-histamine (spelling?) that is in CCC (that was my first mistake, couldn't find Robitussen Cough Gels); I had 104 mg >_<. The effects were quite amazing though, and I puked twice, so I'm fairly sure I was safe, but like I said, better safe than sorry.

9. Ocean Byrd

My mom is whisking me away on Friday so as to avoid me going to a party; kind of hypocritical in the large view.

10. Flav_cool

Flav_cool Member

Hmm, apparently albumin is something of the blood protein...still looking exactly what it means...but for now at least i know it wasn't drugs calling me back...oh God thank you!

11. ericf

ericf Member

Well, if that plasma level is real low it could be a sign of some underlying disease. But if they found a lot of it, then you probably were dehydrated. Just drink the right amount of fluids before your next test.

Or did you freak out and overdo it on the fluids for the last test (just in case they drug tested to get your levels down). If you did that then relax this time and don't drink as much. That would also be something that gets your levels down but I don't think they expect that.

:D Looks like good news though.

12. Flav_cool

Flav_cool Member

Hey ericf! u knew it had something to do with blood plasma, which i found on websites. So you know something about this? Ya i prbly wasn't drinking enough water...I don't drink enough water a day, and i should drink more. thanks for the advice. :)

13. ericf

ericf Member

lol, I don't know much. I was just talking to my step-mother who is a nurse and does blood tests all day long. I asked her what that was and what it could be. She said if it was high all that meant is the person was dehydrated. If it was low it could mean a disease of liver or kidneys. That is all I know though.

I am not a doctor or an expert on the subject. :D

14. john_the_pothead

john_the_pothead Member

go ahead and smoke on fri night, you arent being tested for drugs, and even if they were, it might not show on the test

15. Flav_cool

Flav_cool Member

Ericf, you actually asked your step-mother about this post? I'm honored man. Thanks! I wanted some medical advice and I got it. Thanks a lot. Thanks pothead too, you've been with me on this post from the beginning. :D

16. WeeDMaN

WeeDMaN a pothead

Tell us how it works out :).

17. Flav_cool

Flav_cool Member

I sure will, but also, I might not smoke friday b/c they may decide to do a bloodtest. How long does it stay in the blood for?

18. john_the_pothead

john_the_pothead Member

couple hours, only while you're high

19. babynug

babynug Member

albumin(blood protein) in the urine could possibly mean an underlying problem such as diabetes or kidney problems. however, it can sometimes come up as a false positive. they will probably either repeat the urine test or do a more in depth urine testing. i work in a doctor's office, so we come across this a lot. hope that helps. good luck. hopefully, it is just a false positive. by the way, they can NOT detect any drugs if they run a routine urine test(called urinalysis). they have to test specifically for it to find it.

20. emublazin

emublazin Member

i would just tell my parents if your doing so good in school and everything and when they make you stop then start getting bad grades so they will let you smoke to get good grades but you can't start messing up.