OH NOOOOOOO Any Doctors in here? Please help!

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Flav_cool, May 26, 2004.

1. Flav_cool

Flav_cool Member

HI,

You may remember my thread asking if general urine tests that test for the health of a person test for the presence of drugs. Well today (tuesday) the doctor's office called and they said they want to discuss the results from that urine test (friday). I'm so scared they found drugs because i REALLY don't want my parents to know. They would never expect somehting like this, I'm a really good kid in school and otherwise, and this news would really hurt them.

I'm going to try calling the doctor myself and ask him confidentially what this is all about but I may not be able to until the appointment (next monday).

Does anyone know for sure if they check for drugs in urine tests? I think they got me...Its over.

2. john_the_pothead

john_the_pothead Member

i don't think they are allowed to test for drugs without you knowing about it, maybe you have low blood sugar or something...
    i think it might be illegal or something...

anyway today is wednesday

3. APinkBunnyRabbit

APinkBunnyRabbit Member

If his parents requested it, the doctor can do it without his permission.

4. UTcolorchangn420

UTcolorchangn420 Member

Unless his parents requested a drug test. I think that since he's under 18 they can request one to be done. Other than that, I think you're in the clear.

5. Flav_cool

Flav_cool Member

Well that calms me a little, because I don't think that my parents suspect the at all that I do it. The thing is this is Canada, and I don't know what fucked up rules they got with their urine tests. Anyone been through this? I also smoked on the fucking day of the test, would that like really draw their attention?

6. john_the_pothead

john_the_pothead Member

they cant give you one without somebody telling them to and they would probably tell you, at least they should (i think)

7. Flav_cool

Flav_cool Member

So you guys are saying the regular tests they do on urine wouldn't detect it at all?

8. john_the_pothead

john_the_pothead Member

no, they wouldnt...those tests just measure the sugar in your blood or something like that

9. Flav_cool

Flav_cool Member

Fuck man, let's hope, I have a fuckign chemistry test tomorrow, and I"m so scared I can't even study

10. Flav_cool

Flav_cool Member

Do any of you know a forum where I could ask some doctors if they would be able to detect it if they weren't specifically looking for it?

11. Ocean Byrd

Ocean Byrd Artificial Energy

You can not be given a urine analysis without your concent; you have to agree to have it done if your parents test you. This is called the Hypocratic Oath (its all about confidentiality)

12. Flav_cool

Flav_cool Member

I have already taken the test, I just don't know if it could possibly have detected drugs. Do you mean to say they would tell me if the test would also check for drugs?

13. twoseeeyes

twoseeeyes Member

They have to request a 5-panel. In other words, it costs you more money.

14. Ocean Byrd

You have to willingly let them test you for drugs, your parents can't force it but a court can if you ever get stuck with possession.

15. Flav_cool

Flav_cool Member

It doesn't cost them any money as health care here is paid for by the government (Canada). I just wish someone on here was a doctor and would tell me YES or NO, they would or wouldn't be able to detect it if they weren't looking for it and if they would look for it as a general routine.

SOrry i'm freaking out.

16. twoseeeyes

twoseeeyes Member

They still incur costs. They not going to do it unless requested.

17. Flav_cool

Flav_cool Member

Ok, let's hope they didn't find anything then. I just want to know if it would be possible for them to even stumble across it at all even if they weren't looking for it.

18. john_the_pothead

john_the_pothead Member

no, they cannot "stumble across it" without specifically testing for it... i know that for a fact

19. Ocean Byrd

Even if they did, the doctor could not tell your parents because you still get a degree of confidentiality when you're a minor, and you get to say whether they can test you and report back to your parents.

20. Flav_cool

Flav_cool Member

Well this is all helping me to feel better, but please don't take me wrong, I believe you pothead but under the stress I'm under right now, I just can't stop thinking what if... and about that last response.

My dad will be there in the office because he's driving me, so I don't even think I'll get a chance to tell the doctor not to say anything. I doubt the doctor will tell my dad to step out if he did find drugs because my dad and the doctor are both romanian and he would probably just tell him right away.