oh god this hurts so bad

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by Yaz, Sep 1, 2008.

1. deviate

deviate Senior Member

Well, I don't know. People can turn around, especially when someone loves them and they realize the destruction they are causing.

But this is fucked up. I haven't had a girl stay with me yet and I'm a gentleman, romantic, went to college and all that shit. Maybe I should get a dope habit so it makes them feel like they have a cause to nurture?

2. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

good for you. i mean i by no means think you should tolerate someone on dope but listen... it's really good of you to love him enough to not run away. obviously he wants to stop. a relapse is a relapse is a relapse... ask him what will help him truly stop--- do something other then leaving that will help. im NOT a fan of methadone. my friends that got off of dope were MUCH more addicted to meth then dope.

if you want someone to talk to who's kinda been there with my friends, a bit myself and my husband used to be addicted too... pm me.

but yeah as much as i think you shouldnt just let it be okay for him to do that... if you really love him, you'd want to help him like he has any other disease. he did NOT pick heroin over you... he just slipped. figure out a way to pick him up
    (sorry ill read the rest of the thread in case i missed something)

3. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

sweetie. ignore them. do you think i dare to talk about HEROIN on THIS FORUM anymore?

LMFAO.

pm me next time. please. cause you will always get the "leave him NOW" "let him die" and the "lmao" bullshit...every time... no matter what the story if heroin is involved. better to pm people who won't give you that.

4. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

are you insane?
    how can you or anyone else say if he wants to get better or not?
    have you ever personally dealt with addiction like with yourself? a strong addiction? im not saying you have or you havent but a LOT of people truly WANT to get better and will RELAPSE... in fact, relapses are a part of recovery. (you learn that in rehab and it's true.. every relapse teaches you more and more things to HELP YOU RECOVER. recovery is not an easy process and it's like stepping stones. that doesnt mean im saying go "relapse" all you want cause it's part of recovery... it means true relapses that happen when you are trying to get better, build up the foundation for success)

wtf... if everyone just LEFT every person with an addiction every time they relapsed... and left them homeless whatever.. yeah that will help... ummmm it's debatable but i think for a whole lot of people it would give them the excuse to be like "well fuck it. i just lost it all. so who CARES if i stay clean now?"

this thread almost makes me want to cry. i just think its insane to leave a person without questions just because they relapsed and then to play god and say you know if the person wanted to get better or not. wanting to get better is not enough.

of course i should add don't listen to me. listen to them. leave him to die. they know better then me and im biased. but i know i wouldnt leave a junkie that was trying to get clean and relapsed. of course i dont know how many times and all.. there is always a limit. when you start being used and walked all over but you said he is not stealing from you and stuff... i dont think he is too far gone. i consider such people pre-junkies and they can be saved. but dont listen to me. and take relayer's advice... im sure he knows what he is talking about with that.

5. Unknown American

Unknown American Rogue Capitalist

Because I watched with my own eyes the trail of destruction heroin leaves in its wake.

I have seen so many people slip into heroins grasp. There are no happy endings.

The bottom line is heroin is a demon. You play with the demons long enough you are going to get burned.

Have you seen how most heroin addicts die? Have you been in the hospital when CPR does not work?

I have.

You want to used heroin that is fine with me. If you keep using it, It will destroy you.

Just my view and it is cool to have another view.

You know I love you.:)

6. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

Just for the record, nearly every friend I have who turned to heroin, quit and as of yet have not gone back. And I know quite a few, having been a severe opiate addict myself.

7. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

I haven't SEEN a junkie actually die but I have seen them O.D. and been in the ER with them when two died. Dan also knows three people who died that he used to get high with. I know the end result is death. I also know people who were VERY addicted, like my husband and some friends who STOPPED. So I think neccasarily giving up on a person because they slip is kinda mean if you truly love them. Esp. if he is not even stealing from her or spending her money on it and shit.

Whether or not I will do dope again ... even though I now have the best hookups and blah blah... well, I would like to think I am strong enough and won't. I'm also not a junkie. More like a pre-junkie but not even that. I have a plan of action on how to fight it though but I'd like to think if I truly want to apply the plan and slip, people that love me the most wont be like "oh fuck her let her die. worthless piece of trash. i should run. im out"

8. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

exactly. ive "seen" some die but i know of MANY more then that who quit.

that is why just being like "omg he will die fuck him leave him now" is kinda dumb. people quit dope all the time. it's not easy and it often takes more then one try but people can do it so leaving just because of that... well, it's not really love in my opinion.
    i would change my mind if her boyfriend was stealing from her n shit but he is not. it's just like the default reaction to the word "heroin" and it makes me sick.

9. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

I've only lost one friend to opiates thank God, but it was from Oxycontin. He went into rehab for Heroin, got on Methadone, and the day he got out he took an OC 80mg and drank some kind of hard liqour. I always got the feeling he killed himself on purpose. And then my friends father died from overdose a few years ago, I guess I would actually consider him as a friend, just much older.
    God Bless +

10. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Methadone is the devil for heroin users.
    I was just thinking about their situation and although I don't know that much of it... I have the feeling he was still on methadone when he did heroin again and "relapsed"... I know people who were put on methadone for so long that doing heroin to them is almost like a lesser evil..
    I would suggest in this case that the meth is possibly what didn't work so yeah, tell him to try relayer's idea OR tell him to ask a doctor (or go to a rehab that has) suboxone or it's cousin. It's MUCH less destructive, kills the pains, weans you off and I believe, if you go to a place with any dignity, you are on it for about a week. You get weaned off of it fast but you really don't need longer then that or you devolp another addiction.
    Other then that.. the trying something other then methadone!
    Talk to him like this.. in a non condasending tone "i know you really want to quit sweetie and im sorry it didn't work.. i will help you find something else that helps you cause i know you really do want this and i'm here for you... what do you think would help?"
    i find that often talking to people like that helps a lot more then the tough love, fuck you, you'll die anyway bullshit.

11. Unknown American

I am not trying to be self righteous. It is just that I have seen heroin destroy so many lives.

I am a Weed hound. I smoke marijuana every day if I can.

I also admit to overindulging in Rum a time or to.

But I know several former heroin addicts. It is just they are all dead.

12. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

Weed sucks :tongue: Unless you sprinkle some DMT on top.

13. Unknown American

Did I mention I grow Cactus on my jungle farm?;)

14. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Ganja actually helps me not do other things and motivates me and helps me a lot if I don't smoke toooo much.

but yeah anyways unknown, i know you were not trying to be so... i just dont like statements like "he does not want to quit" when unless you know the person.. you can't really say that. people want to quit (truly) and relapse all the time. and yeah it kills some but many more make it. i just get tired of ppl telling her automatically to leave him just because. it's like the h word is the boogieman... omg run like hell it's contagious.

15. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

Now we're talking :)
    I love psychedelics, but herb just doesnt sit well with me. I mean sometimes I enjoy it, but it makes my whole body feel very uncomfortable. I mean psychedelics do that too at times but that's entirely different

16. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

yeah, a bit. as well as a martyr complex and a nightingale complex. there's no talking someone out of it when they've got those. she'll do what she'll do and it's be very moving for her.

and i'm not being bitchy or sarcastic, i'm being honest. i've been there.

17. Yaz

Yaz Member

do u think he shud still smoke weed? he says he wants to quit that too, but he also says it helps him with the pain and stuff. and i dont wanna quit weed, but i dont wanna be smoking all the time if he's not.

18. del

del Member

There's no relationshoiip between the two - unless from the same dealer or same circle of friends - he's gonna need some sort of high to cushion the withdrawals & the risk is if he tries to quit everything it'll be too difficult, he won't succeed and go right back

19. gEo_tehaD_returns

gEo_tehaD_returns Senior Member

I've heard good things about ibogaine. Its an ugly trip but supposedly when its over you're basically cured.

I think its ibogaine anyway? Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong drug name? In any case, I get the idea its not easy to come by, but if its an option I'd suggest looking into it.

20. gEo_tehaD_returns

gEo_tehaD_returns Senior Member

According to William S. Borroughs marijuana is not a good thing for somebody trying to quit opiates because it will magnify any anxiety caused by the withdrawal, which will (presumably) increase the addicts' need for a fix.