Ocean Beach

Discussion in 'California' started by ThePoetSappho, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

it's really unfortunate how hippies, gypsies, and travellers have been the subjects of increasing scrutiny, harassment, assault and abuse by OB police and citizens. Ocean Beach is my favorite part of San Diego, one of the few cool places left. lately the media and newspapers have been picking up on the issues.
    some claim OB homeless are dangerous and intimidating and do nothing but get drunk and cause trouble.... in my experience OB gypsies are some of the coolest people, showing crystals and stones for donation, playing music, etc.
    but the cops have been really hating on them. last time i was there i saw them shaking people up, unusual for OB which is usually so hip and down to earth. then in a local paper there's photos of security cameras being installed and travellers harassed.

any OB hippies here?

2. Driftwood Gypsy

i went and dropped off food for people with a note that read
    OM
    gypsies, travellers, hobos, vagabonds
    of OB
    we love you!

3. Ernesto Apocaloptimisto

Ernesto Apocaloptimisto self-banned

I was homeless there in 98 and the cops were pretty bad even back then. Mainly the two douches that wore the short shorts and drove the bronco. I got beat up a couple of times for nothing but walking down the boardwalk with a backpack. One gave me a ticket for sitting on the grass at dog beach with a puppy on my lap. Another gave me a ticket because I was walking in the street, even though the only reason that I was walking in the street was that another pig had just come by and told me that I couldn't walk on the sidewalk because I was impeding pedestrian traffic, even though it was 3am and the sidewalk was deserted.

It's cool to hear that cool people still hang out there though. I've been wanting to visit for a long time now but I'm going to wait till I get my trike done so I can travel for free.

You're a real sweetheart for bringing them food! :2thumbsup:

Damn I miss OB!

4. Ernesto Apocaloptimisto

Ernesto Apocaloptimisto self-banned

Have you found the cliff bong south of the pier? It's so awesome! Carved right into the cliff and it gets filled up with fresh water every high tide. :smokin:

5. RubySoho6

RubySoho6 Organized Chaos

When I visited San Diego I went to OB. It was my favorite area we visited. It's where I felt the most at home.

6. Bonkai

Bonkai Later guys

When I visited San Diego, OB was one of my favorite spots on the coast, the only other place that topped it was The Cliffs. Though it won't be too long until I move there, can't wait.

7. Driftwood Gypsy

OB is my favorite part of San Diego...

8. danikisses0408

danikisses0408 Members

Oh just left OB. Loved it and would someday want to live in San Diego near there