Occupy Atlanta

Discussion in 'Occupy Movement' started by skip, Oct 26, 2011.

1. kill0025

kill0025 Banned

this occupy ..i'm skeptical ...what's it gonna change besides your criminal record?

2. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

It has done much to raise public awareness on a lot of issues. I think that's a good starting place.

3. hippybubba

hippybubba Member

with almost 7% of Americans convicted felons and 41% of Americans have misdemeanor convictions and the United States leading the world in crime who really cares about their criminal record
    PEACE

4. Aerianne

www.occupyatlanta.org

5. kill0025

kill0025 Banned

you definitely have a valid point about that...man has the shit ever hit the fan in America

even in the middle of an economic collapse, inflation and a debt bigger than china Obama will still spends millions to finance his presidency ...wow great representative to have of America...then there is the 2 or 3 choice party illusion ...no matter what you occupy it's not gonna do much no matter what attention or news coverage the movement gets it's bound by failure it's not gonna affect "that" large group of people who are uncomfortable with change, social questioning, and well you get the idea

i think America is already dead..to the point where anonymous hackers from Sweden have to Boss-up and tell that tumorous government where the red lines are drawn ...even some common sense lines..like anti-spyware on cell phones is considered a terrorist threat, this retarded 911 terrorist rhetoric.

what a fucking mess ....the only way to win is to "occupy books" and out wit your system...after all you created it, you maintain it :pimp: install fear in US Government 1.9.0 ..installing please wait while we connect you ...searching for intelligence.

6. zombiewolf

zombiewolf Senior Member

just wait till this summer...

7. Aerianne

Occupy Atlanta Calls For National Action Targeting Chase On March 13

http://occupyourhomes.org/blog/2012/feb/20/atlanta-chase-protest-announcement/

8. hippybubba

hippybubba Member

9. Aerianne

Allegedly.

These stories are nothing new. It's been in the lame stream headlines in every city that had a major occupation. Another of the 1%'s scripted tacticts to discredit the movement in the eyes of the public.

10. yellowcab

yellowcab Fresh baked

They tried to make a big stink about that in Buffalo, Occupy Buffalo just gave the city a 1500$ check as promised to reseed the square.

11. Aerianne

http://occupyatlanta.org/

12. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Damage costs are typically inflated by a wide margin if not made up completely. It's not like an unbiased, independent group determines amount of damage, who caused it, and what actual repairs will cost.

I'm not saying there's no damage, or that the encampment isn't responsible, I wasn't there. What I am saying is you just need to take these news reports with a huge grain of salt these days.

13. yellowcab

yellowcab Fresh baked

Yes 30 grand seems pretty excessive to repair some landscaping but as you say I was not there so I dont know what exactly was damaged. But if no permanent structure was destroyed I would think someone is seriously tacking on some extra playground cash on Occupy Atlanta.

14. hippybubba

hippybubba Member

I agree our government lies about the "real" cost of things so drop a zero make it $3000 occupy should go reseed the park in good faith. That is all the city is gonna do anyway. What better PR

15. deleted

deleted Visitor

keep your staples out of my trees..

16. Aerianne

Occupy Atlanta shows up on Google Maps: 91 Peachtree Street, Northeast, Atlanta, Ga.

Go to the satellite view and zoom in on Woodruff Park. This was 6 days before they were evicted from the park.

17. Aerianne

http://www.republicreport.org/2012/...-law-that-would-put-founding-fathers-in-jail/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNZaAwyTXXo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNZaAwyTXXo

18. Aerianne

http://www.atlantaprogressivenews.c...ia-legislature-crossover-day-an-overview.html

19. zombiewolf

zombiewolf Senior Member

Mu-tha fuckers...“interfering with the resident’s right to quiet enjoyment.”
    I've had to deal with similar bullshit laws as a street musician. For instance here in Missoula, the city ordinance states if the music disturbs anyone its illegal, but in my view someone must make a complaint for there to be determined a disturbance, no? ........
    ...so this one time I'm playing my horn downtown and this cop stops his car and tells me "well, someone is going to complain so you're gonna stop now"

When laws are written like this the cops will simple claim you are interfering with a persons right to quiet and thats it... see ya in court if you think otherwize.

As an ordained Dudeist priest I am qualified to quote The Dude on this one...

This aggression will not stand!

20. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

This place is going to hell in a handbasket......