Ocala is gonna be a nuthouse

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by Mollyredmore, Oct 30, 2004.

1. earthmother

earthmother senior weirdo

Just an afterthought. I know that anyone with a bellybutton (anyone human) is a rainbow, but these folks are killing their souls and their conciousness with devil drugs, and I ain't so sure they're human any more. There are certain things that the rainbow family must not accept in order for the rainbow gatherings to survive in this world. Does anyone have any intelligent suggestions on how we should deal with this negative force at gatherings? We may as well be dealing with the devil. So, how does a true rainbow brother or sister deal with the devil?

2. applejack

applejack Banned

We dance

Ocala isn't that bad, don't believe all that DARE crap.

As long as there is reality and there are people there will be people trying to alter reality. Love them or leave them, it's their light to shine. I've lost brothers and sisters because there are bad drugs but more so because they wanted to use them. We need the right to use for ill or for gain-ANY substance because we have will; that will is by nature, free-which is what rainbow really means, free.

3. Shroomism

Shroomism Member

Ocala is bad news.

I came down here from Virginia in September. Originally to Harvest Fest in Georgia, and then down to Ocala to stay with a brother until ocala rainbow. I hadn't been in Ocala for 12 hours, when he got pulled over, the cop took one look at me, dragged me out of the car and searched me without consent. Found 2 grams of bud and a bowl, and I got locked up. Now this is the first time I've been to florida in about 8 years, so needless to say I didn't have any connections.

Well after sitting in jail for 2 months, my brother managed to raise bond money and they released me. He let me borrow his scooter so I could get around, since the cops took my license. I checked with the dmv and they said you don't need a license to drive a scooter around. Well what do you know, a week later I got pulled over going to COURT for the drug charges.. and when he found out I wasn't a florida resident, he took me to jail for driving on a suspended (even though they said you don't need a license to drive one) and not having a florida address to send the ticket to. So my bond got revoked, and I sat in jail for another 2 1/2 months, entirely missed rainbow, my whole purpose for coming to Ocala.

The brother and sister who brought me to florida went to rainbow while I was in jail, and they said the place was basically one giant A-camp. They dropped off a bunch of food and took off, couldn't handle the vibes.. and they've been coming to ocala rainbow for years!

What's more.. is that in jail in Ocala, rainbows are well known. The first thing everyone asked me when I came in was if I was a rainbow, just because of the long hair. Rainbows have a very mixed reputation down here. But they are very well known.. by the cops, and by the criminals. Ocala national forest itself, is a haven for the criminals and homeless of Ocala to run free, and they live there year round, intermingling with rainbows. So a lot of people associate rainbows with drug dealing, violent, homless people that live in the woods. What's more is that there IS a lot of violence out in Ocala forest. While I was in jail, I read in the paper at least once a week about a murder in ocala forest, or some stabbing. It was not uncommon at all. The locals aren't even surprised by it.

So besides that, the Marion County 6-ups are out of control. They run the city. There's a saying in Marion County Jail.. come to florida on vacation, leave on probation, come back on violation. And it's true.. they put everyone they can on probation, and only 5% of the people manage to clear probation.. the rest get violated, and violation means a minimum 6 months, no bond.. and 2 years more probation. It's an endless revolving door. After serving 4 1/2 months in jail, I figured they would let me off with time served for two misdemeanors. Boy was I wrong. On top of the jail time, they gave me 2 years of probation, $3,000 in fines, suspended my *VA* license for a year, and I was to complete a full year drug program with random testing. And I don't even live in Florida.

That just doesn't seem fair right? Well its as common as anything in this police state. It was sad in that jail.. so many lost lives, so many sad stories, about constantly being violated, going in and out of jail, losing their jobs, losing their houses, losing their wives, their kids. All because of this revolving door Ocala calls a justice system.. what it really is, is a money machine, for ruining lives. These people will be in and out of jail for most of their lives. There is little to no hope for most of them. And don't even get me started about the crack epidemic in Ocala.

I come from the Washington DC area, where I lived 2 miles from the CIA headquarters, and 5 miles from the Pentagon. I grew up surrounded by federal agents, cops, government workers. But never have I feared to step outside.. never did I fear the system like I do this one. I've been pulled over in Northern VA and DC with bags on me, and even been caught with them, and the cops will tell me to go on my way. But down in this twisted state? They want to take my life away.. and for what? For having 2 grams of the worlds safest plant? For not hurting anyone? For minding my own business? I served 4 months in jail for that, and now they want to completely suck me dry.

I don't care what anyone says. I have first-hand experience of this mad right wing, republican dominated, sherrif controlled system they call Marion County and Ocala. The war on drugs is in full scale down here. Except the funny thing is, bad drugs are the easiest thing to find. I can find crack or coke down here easier than pot. There's a lot of junkies here.

So I've been stuck in Ocala since september, against my will.. and I am leaving. And I am not coming back. I'll stick to my northern family.. and even my florida brothers and sisters are getting out of ocala never to come back. They have lived here their whole lives and they cannot take it anymore. I've been here 6 months and I'm about to lose my mind. The babylonian system down here is completely out of control, and I don't want to deal with it.

So I don't know about the Ocala Rainbow Gathering..since I was unable to attend. But I tell you one thing, I heard much more bad things about it than good, from many different people.

4. SpliffVortex

SpliffVortex Senior Member

Last year 5 kids were eaten by alligators.

5. Gr8fulyDeadicated

Gr8fulyDeadicated Member

so sorry about yer visit to florida - that's not just a saying for marion, that's all of florida's unofficial motto. our official motto is 'the rules are different here'

whatever you do, don't violate probation - they will extradite you from timbuktoo and keep you forever. we had an incident not too long ago in this state where a probation violator & a bunch of his buddies beat a house full of people and their dog to death with baseball bats - now they DO NOT reinstate probation, they figure up your points and send you in for as long as they can. if you can pay the fines, pay all the probation fees up front, dance to whatever tune they are whistling for you - you may be able to get them to drop probation after 1/2 is served. you'll probably have to get a lawyer to file a motion for you, more $$ but it'll get you out of the system - you're right, it's all about the money.

we'll be gettin outa here as soon as we can - too bad, cuz it really is a beautiful place :(

6. Shroomism

Shroomism Member

I really don't see that I have any other option. I can't pay the fines, I have nowhere to live in Florida, I have no transportation in Ocala, where I am staying is 5 miles from the nearest place to work, my family in Virginia needs me there (my grandma is dying, my mom may be on her way)..I simply cannot sit in Ocala for 2 years just to be on probation. I would just end up getting violated anyway, for missing a meeting or missing a payment. No way can I afford a lawyer, I'm just struggling to feed myself now. I think it's too late anyway because I was supposed to be on probation two months ago.. and they said I had three days to check in. But no warrant yet... I'd rather take my chances and leave, then sit here rotting away.. them just waiting for me to screw up once in the slightest bit so they can violate me anyway. I don't know anyone in Ocala who has been on probation and not gotten violated. Like I said.. they have a 95% violation rate. I'm just another number in the war on drugs. But seriously.. there's no way I can stay here. I would just end up homeless and back in jail for however long they decide to keep me. I refuse to be worked over by this system like everyone else. If they want me bad enough, they will have to come and find me.

7. Gr8fulyDeadicated

Gr8fulyDeadicated Member

hey shroomism, i pm'd ya

anybody that thinks they have paper/warrents on them in florida can check it out at www.myflorida.com - there's also links to state legislation, so you can check out the laws.

8. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

shroomism just split. today. head on up to savannah and ill give you some loot to eat with for a few days. maybe put you on a bus up to your family if ya want. and stop carrying paraphenalia.

9. SpliffVortex

Nothern and Central florida is fuck up . the only cool place is Daytona Beach during spring brake or Daytona Bike week other wise is just like germany in 1933.

10. Gr8fulyDeadicated

Gr8fulyDeadicated Member

git you a redneck baseball hat too, tuck that hair away boy!!! and stop wearin those baggy jeans & tie dyes, cops from ocala to the state line look for rainbows walking. like a big neon sign, HEY, COME HASSLE ME!!!

11. SpliffVortex

THATS ABOUT RIGHT . THEY ARE TOTAL IDIOTS.

12. Shroomism

Shroomism Member

Yeah man, I'm actually trying to head up to michigan to stay with my uncle for the time being. I've got a little money saved for a bus ticket, still trying to scrape from more. But I'll be alright :)

13. Mollyredmore

Mollyredmore Member

Some good points were made here in the last couple pages of posts. The beginning was much arguement started by me. I am not an advocate of using bad drugs. I myself smoke alot of ghanja and eat alot of psychedelics as well, but I do not do meth or prescriptions, or even drink all that much I just started this thread because I like to provoke debates, and I knew that starting a huge drug discussion would always be interesting in the rainbow forum, u know with all the old timers and then u got the younger hippies I just knew it would get interesting, and truthfully in these later pages of this thread we have come to agreement on lots of things. The one that I mostly wanted to get across was that rainbow stands for freedom more than anything, and people that think they know everything about it just simply don't. Either way excuse my idiocy in earlier posts because i just like to stir things up.

14. Gr8fulyDeadicated

Gr8fulyDeadicated Member

you're excused, now go wash your hands and clear the table :D

15. Mollyredmore

Mollyredmore Member

I hearby change this posts name to Nationals are gonna be a nuthouse. I,ll be there. Who all is goin?

16. graven

graven Member

I will go, but I'm not visiting any permitted site. A rainbow gathering does not need a permit. I'm really dissapointed by all this.

17. Mollyredmore

Mollyredmore Member

I cannot think of a much more peaceful place than vermont

18. Mollyredmore

Mollyredmore Member

Ocala cops do suck too. I have seen them be cool. Not generally though. Alot of the cops in ocala are crooked and do meth/coke, and will not hesitate to fuck with a hippy.

19. Mollyredmore

Mollyredmore Member

The next time I go to Ocala I am just gonna get higher than two monkeys on a cloud, then run around and just yell and scream and act a fool