Ocala Gathering

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by piratesmile20, Oct 30, 2006.

1. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Banned

Love only plantz, nut meat.

2. makno

makno Senior Member

a lot of animals have to die to produce your nice ' clean ' suposedly bloodless veggies ...as well as human slavery and disfigurement - death .....what ya think ....if mr woodchuck is eating carrots , that mr organic farmer doesnt shoot trap or smoke bomb em !...if you ever saw the dead lil critters left after an ox drawn plow is drug through the earth ....you would know there is less suffering death n destruction in a dearsteak !.....never mind you add a desil tractor , then you must count wars for oil . .....so much for the 'vegan lie ' i know i stupidly was one of em till i learned how food got made .

3. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Banned

Duh, dah learnin continuez, view this, that far away horizon, only plantz no amimalz.

4. nutznfl

nutznfl Member

nutin like a big ole juicy RibEye STEAK

5. myusername

myusername Member

i think plants are a higher form of spiritual entity than animals. you ever sit in the forest and listen to them? just cause we dont understand how they "feel" or "think" doesnt mean they don't. i can't feel bad about eating animals, and not feel bad about eating plants too. our phisical body needs to consume another body to survive, be it plant or animal. thats the way it works. everyone that eats is a killer.

6. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Banned

yoh kan rational ize anything. get real an look at duh blood jerk.

7. myusername

myusername Member

what? you cant admit your a killer? PLANT KILLER!!!

8. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Banned

only one ting Ih kill, jerkz like yuuuuuuuu.

9. myusername

myusername Member

lovin ya anyway bro.
    hope you can get some therapy for that speach impedement.

10. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Banned

yoh perty brave to even dare reply, yoh know?

11. nutznfl

nutznfl Member

:parry: !!

12. nutznfl

nutznfl Member

13. ImWayOutMan

ImWayOutMan Member

i used to live in ocala bu i have not yet had the chance to go...due to the fact that i am underage. i do want to go though, but im still 17 and i cant leave in the middle of the school year, that's for sure. i shall go next year though hopefully. i dont know why it cant be held during the summertime when nobodys in college or anything.

14. chime

chime Member

rainbow nationals are held in july on "hippie independence day" and it looks like that will be in the arkansas/oklahoma area sister. maybe we'll see you there. your area probably has regional gatherings in the summer too. just check the net. be safe.

lovin ya'll and i'll meet you under the oak tree by the water next to that tent with the tarp at the same time as always, just ask that tye-dye dude with the beard where i'm at.! smile. chime

15. JodyDnl

JodyDnl Member

Peace on Rocky Green--Last year was great.And SOARING EAGLE You have my resptect.Thank You for keeping it real.Jody.s Camp and Co...

16. myusername

myusername Member

on your way home please remember your brothers and sisters on the road. if you have room in your vehical take time to check a random exit or 2. it's cold up north, not realy hitchin weather, and people are commin from all over.

17. Sunshine Al

Sunshine Al Member

2007 Florida Vision Council Consensus

Florida Family Vision Council convened after much tromping around trying to recognize the shattered landscape of Farles Prairie. A group of 17 set out on Saturday to check the conditions. We were encouraged by the rapidly dropping water levels and alarmed by all the down and dead trees, especially near the water.

Two of us had spent an entire month on Farles Prairie in 2000 and I spent another month there in 1995. We couldn't even find the main trail. After lots of back and forth, the crew was whittled down to 3 hardcores who made it all the way to Farles Lake Campground via the Florida Trail.

The white trail that connected the Florida Trail to the Kid Village site in 2000 and 1995 is gone. The archipelago inhabited by Bliss Kitchen in 1995 and Camp Zippolite in 2000 is a twisted mess of dead trees. The "grove" of Aztec Grove (2000) is a meadow. The dense tree cover that made it hard to find a place to camp next to the Funk is no more; but the open space is nice too.

We took another hike Sunday morning and returned as Council was forming at Third Hammock; which was unfortunately occupied by local folks camping. So we had to council out in a field next to the hammock. (Note to self: someone camp on the Hammock next year).

The decision before Council was clear: Put in the effort to make Farles Prairie usable for the first time in 7 years or use another more easily accessible site. After a few times around with the feather, it was clear that Family was up to the task. A weekend at Farles Prairie is a tease. We wanted more.

In spite of seriously disrespectful and intentional interruptions and outbursts by a drunken clown trying to intimidate Council, Family reached consensus in silence to gather at Farles Prairie in 2007.

18. makno

makno Senior Member

im happy things are going so well .....and im trying to get down that way as soon as possible to see how things are shapeing up ........much thanks and lots of love to all folks who are working to make this possible

19. earthstarvillage

earthstarvillage Member

Whoo hoo! I can't wait......As I remember it was either 1991 or m1992 it got to 20 mdegrees at night. That's cold for hippies camping in the woods...so be prepared....of course with global warming and all....:)

20. GHOSTCRAB

GHOSTCRAB Banned

Ivey was that the year folks were sleeping with baby oak trees in there tents?Katuah was the only kitchen? Earthstar had Danceing Bear and Kim jump over the broom?