Ocala Gathering 2012 Scouting Announcement

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by Barry208, Oct 2, 2011.

1. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

& I've heard vehicle windows have been broken by thrown rocks, etc..

2. merlinclark

merlinclark Member

Every season the florida regional gets better & better. I hope I will see u all there. Don't believe the antiflorida hype. There is a huge number of beautiful family that come to this gathering every year. Let's keep making it better!

3. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

If ne1 down there has a boat, access to one, & isn't worried abt gators. I'd kinda like to know if withlacoochee/cross fla canal/rainbow river can be navigated upstream from the gulf, goin north to rainbow springs state park or south , as far as one wishes.

This would certainly bring more folks to ocala this year. As many r preparing to navigate to palenque. & this would be good practice as it were.

As there is a river leading to palenque from guatemala, i'd certainly think lotsa folks will be carrying river craft down there.

& for those who can't make it to palenque, a fine adventure could be had in 2012 ocala.
    As next yrs ocala council will nodoubt be adressing allthis. It should be quite large. There are expected to be a large amt of boats going to palenque. Therefore some will naturally be stopping somewhere in the state of florida. Some may be coming frm @least mississippi river, or tenn-tom.

There is as well a waterway leading north from ocala natl forest.

4. dormouse

dormouse Member

are you implying that my concern for my safty while running the A Camp Gauntlet is "antiflorida hype"?

5. toakie

toakie Member

To all that are thinking of going to the ocala event.......

the family as a whole is very unimpressed with the ocala
    event, for it has become an A-camp event & other bad things.......

look at ocala's track record, nothing but violence, & total A-camp,
    why just last year there was a murder at the ocala event,

:oops:

6. hippyguru

hippyguru Banned

yea the ocala must be sketchy for a single sis with all the b.s. in a camp the drunks and druggies are bad maybe we should have two gatherings like they did a few years ago one for the "road trash" and one for "family"

7. Agar

Agar Member

Bubba,

Aries doesn't live full time in the city of ocala anylonger. Last i knew she was in college in ohio, i kinda lost touch with her in 2010. She added me on facebook in sept, and seemed to be in florida at the time, she didn't answer any of my messeges, her phone number has changed, and i did see some post she made saying bye to florida for now on her way to some other location.

8. hippyguru

hippyguru Banned

the Aries i was talking about was kin to the rest of the people i mentioned Dragon, Sweetness, Baby Face, Sugar Bear they are old friends of mine they live in the wood there around Freak Creek for years. thanks for the help. I'm also looking for Rainbow Raven's Nest any word from him?
    Dirty Mamma still around I have been on "vacation" for a while.
    Peace
    Bubba

9. merlinclark

merlinclark Member

I don't believe that anyone can speak 4 the family as a whole. U definately do not speak 4 me! My close family look forward to the florida gathering every year. It is, after all, our largest regional gathering of the year. If u don't like it, then help us make it better. And someone who calls my family road trash .. The attitude of separatism is not representative of my family. I love u all- not just the ones that agree with me.

10. pathmakrnottakr

pathmakrnottakr Guest

amen

11. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

I just saw this post.

A human being is not a piece of trash. Any person, no matter what their state or condition, is your brother or sister

I can understand if people don't like the behaviors of some people and don't want to be around that

addictions are often associated with destructive or self destructive behaviors. I think you can hate addiction though without hating an addict

a lot of people turn to drugs and alcohol to try to cope with abuse, mistreatment, disrespect that they get from other people. I think that many addicts are good people who have been treated unfairly by life.

an addict is not a piece of trash. seems to me like the whole point of the rainbow family is to counter that kind of mentality

I think it's ok to have a separate gathering if you want, or to not go. but please don't call people "trash". rainbow family is better than that

12. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

One of my ocala visits I saw a separate jesus camp several miles away. This appeared an elegant solution. This was bak in mid 90's. & i'd think a water camp would be a lil break frm it too. Bak in the day deadshows provided one too. Perhaps there other events goin on same time as ocala. That way safe numbers could make ocala runs. Several yrs ago I discovered an elegant yet expensive way 2 2 ocala: amtrak auto train.

13. indydude

indydude Senior Member

LOL, IS that like a congo line?
    Nicely said. Ex addicts and drunkss are the best people usually when they recover. Its so fuckd that society and police treat them like trash and criminals instead of people that are down and need understanding.

14. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

Sometimes when one is treated like trash, it gives them incentive to better themsleves. Sometimes those who may @moment be doin fairly well for themselves are treated as trash by so who, @mome @moment are acting trashy. Some actually take pride in being trashy, therefore actually don't desire "help". Perhaps even resist it. & this isn't often spoken of. Or even believed to be the case. But it happens on a regular basis. Sometimes taking sides or pity to it is actually considered a weakness. Trashiness is quite self perpetuating. I've lived around alotta trashiness & like others am quite disgusted with it.

15. cricketlind

cricketlind Member

You said it right on! I am gonna make it this year or bust. I have been to a lot of Florida Regionals and only once did I run into a real bad apple and he was not rainbow and I am the idiot who brought him. Crazy fool flipped out. Yes, sometimes there is a bad apple or two that shows up and it is usually handled peacefully. And usually they are non-family that someone brought to try and show them a better way of living and being. There are A campers and idiots at Nationals. There are a LOT of beautiful people who regularly attend the Florida Regional and I know several of them personally. We have even had TV actors show up. A really cool one too. I miss all my Florida family and I may just come home for good. Depends on how things go when I get there. Florida Rainbows and the gathering is BEAUTIFUL! Either show up and share the beauty and the peaceful vibes or be square and negative like the rest of the world. FLOWER POWER! The more folks with peaceful loving energy that show up the better it will be. Let your Living Love Light shine forth and the power of it will overcome any obstacles. We ARE the Rainbow Family of Living Light and though some have put a shade on their personal light do not let that keep the rest of us from letting ours burst forth into ever expanding rays of pure LOVE energy.

the cricket a former FLORIDA Rainbow

16. dormouse

dormouse Member

oh how sweet! all kinds of lovey talk on behalf of the threatening drunks who lurk along the path near A Camp and nothing offered by way of reassurance to or solution for the petite people who the poor widdle misunderstood drunks harass and intimidate.

so fucking typical.

like attracts like. enjoy!

17. GHOSTCRAB

GHOSTCRAB Banned

For each of us, our own Karmic agenda centers on transmuting debt, taking it on, and inhaling it. It means signing up for the soul job at which we are meant to labor in this incarnation.

18. DSilvermane

DSilvermane Guest

Cricket, hope to see you there this year (2012) in the Gathering in Ocala.

Dormouse, please don't let a select few discourage you from going to what is otherwise a great gathering.

19. DSilvermane

DSilvermane Guest

Any more updates on this?

We should be headed towards that direction soon (within a month) and would not mind helping out.

20. DSilvermane

DSilvermane Guest

So what other suggestions do YOU have for a Gathering in the SE part of the US during the winter?