obsurd fashion

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by Foladh, Jan 30, 2005.

1. Foladh

Foladh Member

hehe we're makin a dress outta recycled stuff in skool , in march we have to put it in a fashion show !
    we have no pics of any of it yet , but its made from those illuminous jackets (orange) netting! and its just gonna be kool!
    but i need ideas for the trail .. will we do the scaffolding for the back of it .. or will we have a trail of bolders(polystirene) dragging along???
    or have u got any ideas??

2. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

the trail? do you mean the runway? Why not take a bunch of mini snack bags and collage them all over the floor.

3. Major Peacenik

Major Peacenik Member

hah! awesome idea with the bags, e mama.

4. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

have another idea... take plastic gallon milk cartons cut em in half and line the sides of the runway with them and cut a small hole to have "lights".

5. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

I think she means the trail of the dress.. you know like how weddingdresses have trails on the ground behind the bride.

Ummm a few ideas could be, old bags are good the ygo with the whole day glow thing. Use black binliners or interesting coloured shopping bags. Also if you make a frame from withies or wire or something and you cut the bags into strips or squares covering them in PVA glue makes the stiff like plastic tiles. You could them sew then all together like a big patchwork net of them and use that as a trail.

6. Crystaleyez

Crystaleyez Member

Its called a train...isn't it? I liked Fleassys idea.

7. Foladh

Foladh Member

ok good idea fleassy , woo! i shall have a talk about that wit the gurl thats doin it wit me , thankee *huggles*

8. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

hehehe no problem :) also send a message to Chikkabean on here. i used to go to college with her and she did fashion and worked a lot with recycled and envirolmentaly friendly material, including wooden panneling in dresses (tehe one dress had to be dissassembled to get it out of the class room for the fashion show)