Oblivious March For Our Lives people

Discussion in 'Politics' started by machinist, Mar 26, 2018.

1. OrleansWordsmith

OrleansWordsmith Moderate anarchist

No. Planned Parenthood seeks to support children after they've left the womb. No one thinks abortion is a wonderful thing. But safe, early medical abortions should be available. Not back alley death traps. Abortion is the last ditch in birth control methods, but this is such a country of schools not teaching, nor parents, sexual information classes, I had them in Catholic school when I as 10! it's disturbing that people are still being shamed for having sex or wanting to. It's a natural condition and normal need. So let's stop being in denial about using preventive methods in male, female sexual encounters. The need for morning after pills and abortions would plummet if young people were taught birth control is essential in sexual relations. Also STD rates would be non existant if condom use and female spermicide (or male use of spermicide for that matter) use (95-98% effective birth control method using no hormones and HIV prevention, and cheap) was drummed into young people's heads. Planned parenthood also offers ordinary gynecological services and STD tests for men and women. Options are far better than no options.

2. OrleansWordsmith

OrleansWordsmith Moderate anarchist

It's never seemed to me onerous for anyone to have to wait three days while a background check is performed. The recent shooting of several people in a pancake house revealed that the man had been arrested for trying to enter the White House area. Had had several run ins with guns and had displayed aberrant behavior. Illinois had tried to take his guns away, then relented and relied on this man's father to keep his guns away from his son. Clearly this didn't work. I'm sure in most of these cases, except the former, the perpetrators were legal gun owners, as was the clearly mentally disturbed teen from the Florida shooting, the Las Vegas shooter and more. But who has to have a gun immediately? I hunt with a shotgun. I know months in advance when hunting season occurs. Three days is nothing if I want to buy a new gun. If even one case of innocent deaths was prevented by such laws being federally mandated, it would be worth it. Raising gun buying age might be better also. If it's 21 to drink, why not 21 to own guns. The only other use than shooting range and hunting for guns is using them against other humans. Sometimes in self defense. More disturbingly in crime. We have the highest gun death rate in the WORLD. And the highest gun ownership rate. To me that is a very logical and direct correlation.

3. mcme

mcme lurker

Three days is a lot of time, I'm grateful that on my way through Brattleboro VT, I was able to buy my semiauto Mossberg shotgun for use that weekend at my home further north.

4. mcme

mcme lurker

Certainly broke a hell of a lot more clay that weekend.