Oblivious March For Our Lives people

Discussion in 'Politics' started by machinist, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Meliai

Meliai Banned

My issue isn't with disliking the way someone thinks

My issue is resorting to petty name calling and generalizations

Liberalism is a mental disorder
    Libtards
    Snowflake
    The way "the left" has all the negative connotation of a slur these days

Stuff like that. Its so childish. Politics are treated more like sports these days and i find it annoying .

rollingalong and scratcho like this.
  2. deleted

deleted Visitor

Just going to leave this here.
    [​IMG]

6-eyed shaman likes this.
  3. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Didn't take the repubs and their suck-ass minions very long to distort the news by any means necessary. Some of you righties may think I'm a little harsh----if you-all had been around from Roosevelt to this damned fool----you'd know exactly who republicans are--what they ALWAYS do--that is to lie, twist the truth, with no compunction whatsoever. They love the rich,THEY ARE the rich, and in service to the rich (themselves) have rendered themselves completely without principles, moral judgement, or scruples. To criticize children that are taking upon themselves that which adults seem incapable, unwilling or are downright hostile to, is low rent , to say the least. And righties just blithely continue to support ANYTHING against the left, which by the way is responsible for ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING TO DO with helping the working class, while the right wants to and does, attempt to nullify the gains fought for workers for decades. Hopefully , the young ones can save this society from the ills that are exacerbated each time repubs have control of the government.

unfocusedanakin and rollingalong like this.
  4. mcme

mcme lurker

Are you suggesting that because of their age that they are immune to having a public statement they made closely inspected and scrutinized for its validity? Or is it because of what they experienced? What makes those kids beyond reproach?
    It's pretty clear that those kids are being used as a tool to forward a specific agenda and are being fed their opinions by how the only solution to them is gun control.

5. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Yes and I spent years trying to stay in the middle and treating everyone with a respectful tone even if we disagree. It didn't seem to make them listen any differently.

The left proclaims to be about no hatred, tolerance, don't bully etc. Then we see them protest. Hold up signs with a dismembered bloody head of a president they don't agree with. Media coverage of people spewing hate. They have represented all they claim to deplore. Then wave free speech and that they don't intend to back down or go away. Their agenda appears to be as much incivility as possible.

So yeah, it gets a little difficult to sit by and be bullied, belittled and watch it grow with media coverages. My own sister calls me names, because I respectfully decline to agree with their politics. Because I didn't vote Dem it doesn't matter what my thoughts are, I didn't help them win. So we are the vile ones.

I promise the country will show more respect when it is given.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  6. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Well, I apologize. I was completely wrong. It's democrats that don't like working people. The repubs ALWAYS want the best for working folks. My entire life has been wrong in blaming repubs. And this president is the best ever. He's moral, his life is determined by complete truth, he's honest and pays his bills, he has never been sued--that's all fake news. You can count on him to ALWAYS do the right thing Anybody know the site of his real estate school--I'd like a be a winner too. Thank you for setting me straight.

7. Meliai

Meliai Banned

This post is just more generalizing though

8. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

We get your sarcasm. I hate that Trump is where we ended up. The days of honest politicians have been long gone for awhile.

Trump used tactics that we're not only awful, they were nothing new. He dredged up a large group of people I wish weren't relevant or necessary. But it's fighting fire with fire.

9. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Well didn't you generalize when you discussed the terms you object to?

10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

might wanna be more specific

11. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Everyone uses names you object to?

12. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I don't recall saying everyone? I said I think its childish when people do.

13. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

I meant it in the same tone you did.

Not everyone holds up a dismembered head of a president they don't believe in. But if one sets a bar....and no one higher says foul, it's not a matter of how many do, it's a matter of the appearance of acceptance.

14. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I hate republicans too.

But the democrats love poor people so much. That's why they keep making so many of them.

15. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Well you guys would know this better than anyone.

16. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Pointing Fingers

Strutting like roosters,
    They all roar like a lion!
    Heads turning suspiciously,
    Careful to watch their own ass!
    Each prepared to fight to the death!
    Prepared to argue until the crows fly home!
    Then go out and vote for whoever advertises the most,
    Drink a few beers and watch millionaires jump up and down,
    Men in shorts, fighting over who gets to play with their balls.
    Pointing fingers, the entire time,
    Lemmings jump over the nearest cliff,
    Debating who should be on the bottom,
    Careful, to always do a thorough credit check.​

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  17. deleted

deleted Visitor

18. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

19. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Zero tolerance policies reach for the crack pipe again...

A boy was suspended for drawing stick figures with guns and knives..

Boy suspended for drawing stick figure holding gun, knives

Well, I guess it's time to put him on puberty blockers and force him to wear a dress. Ain't dat right?

20. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Conservative logic has gone to worse extremes, the minute the crap hits the fan.
    Build more dungons! Bring back the chain gangs! Break out the wood chippers!