Obama was not a racist

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by unfocusedanakin, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Hillary was far more qualified, but, Obama pulled the race card. And the infamous "Clinton Machine" was shut down.

But it was cool since democrats got to claim they "made history".

Oh, and he didn't look like the guys on the dollar bills. I freakin LOVED Obama. So much, I voted for him (because he wasn't McCain and he wasn't a Clinton).

2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

2008, thats right, was McCain and Palin was his running mate, what a joke that was

Mustard Tiger and WritersPanic like this.
  3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Yeah Palin was when the Republican party really started going off the rails

4. onceburned

onceburned Banned

maybe not racist but a no good lying spying, fabricating, double dealing Manchurian.

5. She was just icing on the cake. When they wheeled out that Manchurian loser as their choice to face Obama, it was obvious they were throwing the race. Then they doubled down with Romney and his binders of women. Of all things.

Like it or not, the republicans throwing two presidential races in such an obvious manner is exactly why Trump became a reality. A LOT of Americans were tired of useless turncoat RINOs.

Mustard Tiger likes this.
  6. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

OK, so your argument is that makes him racist right? So apply that others.

Your definition of "camp" is not correct. There was not forced imprisonment as we see now. I mean I live here, you don't. I promise you you are wrong.

I guess I was right to make the thread. All anyone has "Obama did this racist thing so it's OK for Trump to". . You seem to admit on some level it's wrong to have a "camp" so that we can agree on.

7. unfocusedanakin

So the world is all racist now I guess. Only Republicans in the US are not. All the rest of us like Black Hitler?

Has Barack Obama Been the 'Most Admired Man' in the World for 11 Years?''

It should be no surprise, then, to see that President Barack Obama held the “Most Admired Man” designation for all eight years he occupied the White House, from 2009 through 2016. It may come as something of a surprise, however, to learn that Obama has actually maintained that status for 11 straight years, beginning the year before he assumed office (2008) and continuing for the two years since he has been out of office (2017-18).

The current president, Donald Trump, has polled reasonably close to Obama in the admiration stakes over the last few years, according to Gallup, but still in a distinctly second-place p
    osition:

8. unfocusedanakin

Need? As if just since he is black we gave him the job. He was the best man for the job. We don't need anything but that and voters picked him not for skin color but for ideas. That is an idea the GOP can't accept. Like many other areas they are expecting some old school view of his race and cried racism when he could get non-white votes.

He did since the non-white knows what the GOP is and who it's for.

Black people and Spanish speakers don't compete for the same jobs that's an inrelevent argument.

Okiefreak likes this.
  9. And yet, a woman was more qualified, but also white. So the "best" man, took it from the better woman by going for race, since he already had the gender advantage over her, it was a simple way to finish her off politically. That's exactly how it happened.

10. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Obama "pulled the race card". Is that another way of saying he was African-American?

MeAgain likes this.
  11. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Even then, Hillary had a sizeable bunch of voters who hated her because of decades of Republican negative propaganda and conspiracy theorizing about Whitewater, Vince Foster, and her husband's alleged crimes. Obama didn't have that.

MeAgain likes this.
  12. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

At last, a glimmer of self-insight!

13. unfocusedanakin

So a right wing person is here admitting Hillary is a good women and qualified for the job? She did not get nearly as far in 2008. She was like Biden, she said she waited her turn and expected something for it. No one liked her.

Come on, if she ran it would be the same hate. People liked him more and his skin was not relevant. That is something you need to accept. Only Fox news decided it was some racial conspiracy. If Obama was a Jewish women and still had the same mind and goals his voters would have liked him.

Some kind of deep racial tension here. That dirty negro just stole something. Not saying you are racist. You came unglued at that before. But the general right wing view is that he "stole". What do you expect from him? He got an excellent education and he had experience in the politcal field. Those are the things you do to get promotions in any job.

14. He was black and he knew it.

15. unfocusedanakin

It was very upsetting to the GOP that he was. They think everyone is racist but them and felt he only got votes since he was back. It's their classic mistake. They don't see that it's their policy not skin color that gets the votes.

Sure I admit a lot of black people liked that a black man made it and they supported him. But there was MANY Americans who also refused to vote for a black man since he was black. It kind of evens out. Black people are a small population in America. They can not carry an election. Obama won since white people voted for him.

16. Not at all, I only said she was more qualified than Obama.

And you keep calling me right wing because I'm not a leftist. Broaden your scope man, it's not all black and white out there. Without the gray, we'd all be fanatics.

17. I think we have different opinions on what makes a person qualified to be president. IMO Hillary isn't qualified in the least. Experience isn't everything. You also have to be a good leader. Hillary couldn't lead ants to a picnic.

18. So what we got instead was a guy who could motivate people, but had very little experience in office. In both cases it's a matter of balance, and both of them didn't add up to a perfect whole. One thing about Hillary though, she was a consummate bully, something Obama did by proxies.

He also had the popularity she'd never be able deliver. But she had Bill and all of the creepy connections they both built in Washington (some they shared with the Bush family).

19. unfocusedanakin

If you defend Trump you have picked a side in our limited 2 party system. I know it's hip for right wing pot smokers or "hippie" in their own mind to think they are outside the box. To most people you are not. We don't have many choices and it's clear you don't like "left" things so what can I call you?

20. How about not calling me anything. Any label you apply to me only exhibits prejudice and/or bigotry. It's an attempt to marginalize my dynamic range by forcing me into a 50-50 choice. That's an ideal, not reality. There actually are conservative democrats and liberal republicans. The recent division within democrats is usually normal, they're all inclined to run their districts as feudal kingdoms. Something to aspire to anyway.

But this time and for some of last time, the democrats didn't coalesce ahead of the convention. They're still at each other's throats which tells me they are throwing the race, as republicans have done, the same way, for decades. For a brief moment in time the candidates can hope to excite what they perceive as their base, hard left unicorns and rainbows. Usually by the debates all of this this has been sorted out as democrats eat crow and aim for moderate and even centrist voters.

That ain't happening. The democrats look like a bunch of Dallas, Knotts Landing, Melrose Place and Married with Children actors trying to out-drama each other, crabs in a bucket style.

You have smart ones, like Gabbard, who is about to be disqualified from the next debate, because she's right on the line of how rankings are determined.

You have the slow ones like Bernie and Biden (though I still think Biden has the only real chance) being snipped at the heels by waves of attacks from the rest.

You have the mean, crafty ones like Warren and Gillibrand who can win just by bullying their way in. Or so they seem to think.

I hear we have "stealth" candidates as well, on both sides. Michelle Obama is one of the more hilarious suggestions. Now there's another "republican" supposedly positioning to primary Trump.

Lastly you have the retreads like Beto and Buttigieg. They don't seem to realize they are fixed to second tier at best. Stacy Abrams has a better chance than these two clowns.