Obama to arm Syrian rebels

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Meliai, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

:party:

hell ya ! i always jump up and down and clap when war, death and violence is escalated. destruction and loss of life is truly something to celebrate.

2. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

You know, for a day or two now I kept looking for a thread like this in this forum to read and respond to and was kinda confused why there wasn't one.
    I'll respond more to this later but yea, so it's pretty much a proxy war w Iran and we are def in war in Syria... not just arming them, from what I understand.
    And I think it's a terrible idea and just what they want the media to be talking about right now instead of the NSA leaks and other issues out there (I personally keep feeling that something really bad is gonna be leaked soon)... and I think this is gonna lead to something really bad.

3. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

No--WE are going to arm the Syrian rebels. Think about it.

4. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Not this shit again. (at least this time it's "we" and not "you")

I was confused over in the other forum about that.

What do you mean? (because we pay for it with taxes?)

5. roamy

roamy Senior Member

i was'nt celebrating war.i was celebrating the help of arms being given to rebels to stop war.an yes thats all good!

6. scratcho

Yes and because we allow it.

What are you confused about?

7. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Rising up over anything is only really gonna work is everyone does it.

That won't happen.

8. scratcho

Correct. We haven't the balls to so.

9. laughing-buddha

laughing-buddha Relax and have fun

It will help America in 2 ways.

1 Distraction of the people to Middle East Issues, rather than main concerns
    (Like they say- If I have a loud quarrel in my house, set neighbour's house on fire, so that, they do not pay attention here)

2 Economic benefits- Sale of arms, Sale of DRM services (Disaster Recovery Management). Can anyone guess how much Afghanistan has been useful so far- in terms of money in disaster recovery?

Sick Politics

10. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

oh, im sorry, my bad Roamy I didn't mean to offend.

what do you think about the "rebels" in contrast to the Muslim Brotherhood and their proportion of popular support with the general population that have been in the Egyptian Parliament since Jan '12 ?
    i mean, the reason i ask is the MB gets painted by the US administration as a quasi-terrorist organization, it has since long before the Eqyptian Revolution and now it's just another talking point to defend arming "the rebels". oh and, exactly who are the rebels anyway? ask 10 journalists and get 10 answers but for better or worse they got "elected". it's their damned govtment.
    so i guess in the end, do you know what groups make up "the rebels" that we're going to give weapons to? like, you know, arming the mujahideen in Afganistan and then turning tale and funding the Northern Alliance when we didn't like the mujahideens political dominance, and Iraq and Saddam didn't pan out much better.

so im just curious how you can seriously believe dumping weapons on a "rebel group" in armed civil conflict amongst a largely civilian population is a going to have any positive effect, from your point view.

i feel this is something worthy of reflection right there, thank you AT. to my way of thinking, attending and gambling at dog fighting events is considered a crime in a lot of places because it promotes, encourages and finances a horrible act.
    how is cheerleading for the wide-spread distribution of weapons to shady organizations a good thing in any possible way?
    you, as a citizen of the UK are closer to the true reality and result of war, much much more recently in history than anything that's happened in this country in the 20th century. i, as a US citizen, have seen the bulletholes that still remain in London to this day from WWII.

11. roamy

roamy Senior Member

i think about them all the same way,because none of them are terrorists.they are all freedom fighters!

12. Meliai

Meliai Banned

US involvement in the Middle East has never been a good thing and politics in the middle east are far too complicated to applaud simply because you think we are siding with "the good guys."

The United States has a bad habit of funding the wrong good guy.

13. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

there ya go exactly.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2013/jun/14/syria-cameron-backs-us-chemical-weapons
    June 2013

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...st-intelligence-failure-in-living-memory.html

have we forgot this only 10 years later?

you have to be 18 to be a member at HF if i recall correctly.

14. roamy

roamy Senior Member

15. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

you quoted my entire post but commented on none of my observations. that was a serious invitation to critique my viewpoint.

16. Summerhill

Summerhill Member

I do not understand how anyone can see the arming of the Syrian Rebels by the West as a good idea. They too,like the Regime, have a history of attrocities. Theres 50 or more different groups within the Rebel Army including Al Qaeda-terrorists not freedom fighters. The West needs to learn that nothing it does in the Middle East works. The USA & Europe has no business there. Same should go for Russia.

17. roamy

roamy Senior Member

18. skitzo child

skitzo child PEACEFUL LIBRA

Is it true iran and russia are syrias allies

19. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

20. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin