Obama gives Colorado green light to legalize pot!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rjhangover, Aug 29, 2013.

1. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

Finally! Common sense has come to the U.S. government. The Obama administration just announced that the feds won't intervene in legalization of marijuana use for recreation in Colorado and Washington State. They will only concentrate on interstate trafficking and cartels.
    So for the next three years, those two states will be showing the rest of the country how bring their states out of deficits and bankruptcy. By 2016, two thirds of the states will be lining up to legalize it too, once they realize the profits from the taxes it generates, and the tourism. Not to mention the big drop in alcohol related deaths, also a big drop in the crime rate.
    This is going to be fun in so many ways.

2. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Yeah I responded to the other thread made about this... basically I ended up saying this makes me wonder how long til it will be legalized everywhere in the u.s....

3. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

Oh that's in the latest news section, which I'm not allowed to start a thread on. So I don't even go there any more.

4. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Yeah, I responded there with some of the same stuff you said about the cartels, state lines, etc when I first saw it...
    why aren't you allowed to make a thread there?

5. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

I highly doubt it will ever happen in Wyoming :(.

6. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

Obama also said that the Feds would not interfere with state medical marijuana laws. Which was a lie. Dispensaries continued to be raided

7. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

PA is pretty backwards too.

8. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Well, yeah, that's the thing. It's all if you believe what they are saying.
    I believe they probably won't go after individual users... who has the time or resources for that? But growers, dealers, etc... I'd watch out..

9. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

I have a "republican" friend in Colorado that grows twelve foot pot plants in his back yard. No hassles. One plant produced 2.5 pounds of bud. We grew up together in Gunnison Colorado back in the 60's. Our high school had 300 hundred students for 9th thru 12th grade. Thanks to some hippies from NYC that moved there, I took my first toke in 68'. Donovan did a song about electric banana back then. So during lunch one day, my republican friend and I dried out some banana peals, and I smoked some, but he didn't. Nothing happened as far as getting high, but I sure fooled him into believing it worked. I pretended to be tripping on the stuff, and it scared him so bad he ran back to school and wouldn't talk to me the rest of the day. Then four years latter we met up in Germany when we were both in the army. I went to visit him at his base, which was a nuke site. His job was to guard the nukes. I brought some Nepalese hash, and we got so stoned, I flipped my VW beetle off a cliff with him and another buddy of mine that came with me on the trip. The VW flipped three times, knocking out every window, flattening all four tires, and the roof caved in. But none of us got a scratch. Me and my buddy had to take the train back to our base. Ah, the good ol' days.
    I guess you have to be a HF potentate to start a thread there.