Ny State Faerie Festival

Discussion in 'Events and Festivals' started by DizzleBean, May 7, 2017.

1. DizzleBean

DizzleBean Members

Hello,
    Just wondering if anyone else attends the NY State Faerie Festival. Its held in Ouaquaga, NY. Will begin in June. I went to this last year and enjoyed myself. It is a festival similar to a Renaissance fair. Everyone is dressed in fairy princess outfits, a long with Ogars, Elves, mermaids, knights and more They have plays, music, jousting, food, etc. Does anyone else know of good festivals that are fun to attend, Ones that are not your typical state fair and carnivals? Such as Gemstone Festivals, Psychic Festivals, or Masquerade Balls (that would be fun to attend.)

1 person likes this.
  2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I used to attend music festivals, but I've never been to a renaissance fair. Sounds fun! :)

3. DizzleBean

DizzleBean Members

They are its something different... which is a good thing.

4. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Hello.

Check out your kingdom...Kingdoms go by the area you live in in the US. they have events all year.
    Society of Creative Anachronism
    here is their home page link....

It is intense...and all to be taken seriously.... :D

I went to one of their 4 day fairs one year held in the farthest part of western PA, as friends of mine asked me to go at the last minute........I was not prepared. There i was in white pants and tee's the entire time...but it was fun.....they pitch some elaborate tents....and you live in tents with no modern conveniences....

When I went, someone I met there and had a crush on threw his sword in the lake there mimicking Sir Lancelot......a friend of mine grabbed him though,(needless to say, I was never her friend again....trifling with the person i wzas talking to....when there were 500 other men she could have talked to). after I found him or yeah, he had found me....lol......and wrapped her legs around him......and that was that for me! :D I never could do that, so I left.....(He did look for me at the end and asked me for a kiss....lol)I was always old school. You want me...you chase me.... ;)

If you go to one of these, you will be sure to have fun and a lifetime memory....

I did not recognize that New York town, Ouaquaga, so I looked it up...Broome County...I know it well.

http://sca.org/

5. nudistguyny

nudistguyny Senior Member

I was going to suggest the same location till I re-read your post. ( I thought it was in Windsor though) lol

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

It was like 36 months ago too.

7. nudistguyny

nudistguyny Senior Member

My mistake I did not look at the date

8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

there's sumthing like that at a castle somewhere in europe, i forget what its called, but its for every kind of costuming and costuming performance, any and every kind of cosplay, from tank grrls to furrys to steam troopers to every kind of elves, gnomes, gnolls, zombies, dwarves, adams family, and whatever else, from complete whatever you can make out of what you were going to throw away, to just super realistic and convincing other world fantasy. i think its some place in germany or maybe belgum, its this guy who owns a castle lets everybody come and play like that once a year. darn i wish i could remember the name of it. there's a couple of youtube vids that were made of it. at least a couple that i know of.

oh yah, there IS live music, mostly celtic, and people doing coi with fire, and dragons, and of course all the renfare like food boths and all the other kinds of stuffs people make and sell at them.