Nut allergy and chocolates, I'm annoyed

Discussion in 'Food Allergies' started by letmeSleep, Nov 3, 2009.

1. letmeSleep

letmeSleep Member

Okay, so I've been allergic to peanuts AND tree nuts since the age of six.
    I definitely avoid eating nuts in any shape or form, but now, I've been realizing how much stupid chocolate candy says "May contain peanuts" or "Manufactured in a facility that also processes nuts".
    I love eating chocolate every once in awhile when I get that craving, but today I was at the store and nearly every normal brand of chocolate candy was off-limits.
    I have become more and more sensitive to nut traces over the past few years, and so each encounter with nut-tainted chocolate makes my allergic reaction slightly worse each time. I just want to eat a frozen 3 Muskateers bar! Or a Milky Way. Or a Twix.
    My bf found one chocolate option for me, though, ice cream!

What do you other nut allergy sufferers do for a good chocolate fix?

2. sea of grass

sea of grass Member

"Enjoy Life" is a brand of foods that are produced in a completely allergen-free factory. You have to get them at a health food store usually, or order them online, and they are a bit on the pricy side by comparison to normal brands, but they make yummy chocolate with no danger of any traces of nuts in them. I'd say it's a worthy investment so you can enjoy the wonderfulness of chocolate :)

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

awe..:(

Can I has your nuts then?.. :D

4. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I saw some organization online of people allergic to peanuts and tree-nuts and they were trying to get peanuts banned from America so the allergy sufferers could live a fear free life.

5. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

Nuts are highly nutritious. They want everybody to go without nuts just because of their minority? Just for that I think they should put nuts in every food product :D
    Sorry Op that sux. Get some really pure expensive chocolate i'm sure it won't have nut in it.