Numbers

Discussion in 'Gay News' started by Piobaire, Mar 27, 2023.

1. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

I live in a very rural area that's 95.4% White, 96.9% native born, 96.2% Christian, and despite everything, 74.2% voted for Trump; at least 45.8% are armed. It's quite literally the Whitest place I've ever lived in my life.
    My county has 11,000 residents. Virtually half (50.1%) are female.
    If you take Gallup Poll's assertion that 7.2% of the population is LGBTQ, then out of 5,500 men in this county, 396 are Gay or Bisexual.
    If two or three times that number consider themselves Straight despite engaging in or fantasizing about Gay or Bi sex, then functionally that number could be as high as 1,188.
    I've lived here for eight years, and I only know of one.
    Me.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2023
    Moon Goddess likes this.
  2. thepapasmurph

thepapasmurph Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Have you considered moving or at least take a vacation to a place where you could get some action?

Moon Goddess likes this.
  3. Intrepid37

Intrepid37 Banned

I don't really believe that 7.2 is accurate for male homosexuality. More like 2 percent, maybe less.

But I believe that nearly all females are bisexual - even if they don't think so at this moment.

4. Moon Goddess

Moon Goddess Supporter HipForums Supporter

I would imagine that in a community like that it might be difficult to be open about it but I am sure there are many that just don't say so publicly.

6Sailor9 and thepapasmurph like this.
  5. thepapasmurph

thepapasmurph Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I actually think the percentage of gay or bisexual men (or however you want to stick a label on it) is much higher. I think it is much more difficult for a man to admit to himself that he is attracted in any way to another man, much less admit it to anyone else. He would not even be willing to admit any same sex activity on a survey for fear he will somehow be revealed.

6. Intrepid37

Intrepid37 Banned

There's no real way of knowing, then.

I only know that speaking sexually, I'm repelled by the thought of a man's body. Women, the opposite - I want them desperately. As far as I know, pretty nearly all the guys I know are the same as me that way.

thepapasmurph likes this.