Number of Plants per square meter?

Discussion in 'Cannabis Grow Rooms and Greenhouses' started by *randy*, Feb 18, 2011.

1. *randy*

*randy* Member

Hello to start of I would like to thank anyone who took their time to view this thread. I am getting ready to start my first grow in a square meter Mylar grow tent with a 400 hid system. It is my basic understanding that this is highly strain dependent question; I will be growing Barneys' Farm Tangerine Dream. http://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/barneys-farm-tangerine-dream-feminized/prod_2838.html It is a hybrid that is mostly S dominant I will be doing a standard soil grow

As this is my first grow I want everything to go right(call me an optimist) and I have put quite a bit of research into this but can not seem to find information about plant spacing because its either common knowledge or just so strain dependent. Any ideas or ballpark numbers would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for the response as for how long I intend to grow for I don't intend to rush anything the breeder says a 70 day flower of which I will certainly follow, for vegetative I will likely be in longer then most making sure the clones take root after all the great sticky on this site I don't think that will be a problem :)

2. Rocklobster

Rocklobster Senior Member

One per square foot is a good start but its more dependent on style of grow and how long you intend to grow for. After saying that indica will tend to grow bushy and wide and sats will tend to be tall and lean.

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

you could grow 4 clones in One Square foot. These would need be branch limited. Some clones branch out. Some do not. If you know your strain you could grow 4 straight marijuana colas in such a confined space.. so if one square meter is 10sq ft... / 20 plants will be perfect.... you could squeeze in 40 clones though..:p

4. *randy*

*randy* Member

I can not say thanks enough for the replies and to all other contributors to this site who may view this thread, Orison you certainly gave me something to try in the future looks like I'm going to have to buy more rock wool cubes :D

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

would be like a SOG grow if you manage 4 colas per sqft.. :D
    I can do it, only if pottings are stationary. Moving plants around just adds to them fanning out, bushing up in the rooms making some areas of the plants receive less light some more..

6. Rocklobster

Rocklobster Senior Member

Them were the days, sea of green or gramming them in is a style where you would be looking to turn them as soon as plants are mature enough to bloom.
    Your growing from seed so a sea of green could be rather costly for all them fem seeds and not worth doing imo which is why normally ya'd use clones.

7. mikesrozer

mikesrozer Guest

I think 1 and 1/2 means 1.5 feet distance for each plant is very good, but if you are facing some spacing issues, it can be 1 feet also.