Nuevo Mexico!

Discussion in 'New Mexico' started by StaggerLee917, Aug 27, 2004.

1. blinkin

blinkin Senior Member

I fucking love new mexico.
    my favorite state. Im from canada, if I was ever to move permenantly to the states (NEVER GOING TO FUCKING HAPPEN EH!) I would move to new mexico.
    the gilas are crazy, lovin truth or consequences, wasnt fond of soccoro, alberquerqi is hard to spell but liked it, stella blue was one chill ass pub. santa fe is cool, though two of my buses barely made it up the mountain to camp in the national forest.
    picked up some cool micca in aditch in rosswell, picked some sage there too, made about a thousand bucks off of wrapping that micca and pretty damn close to the sage.
    Taos is very chill, lovin the messa's and that crazy hot spring (the one that was in the movie easy rider...loved it...dont hike the hill at night I fell like three times....ok dont hike the hill drunk at night more like it)
    Im just really diggin that state all together, going back to TRC in august.
    friends tell me im nut...fuck it I love the desert!

peace

2. dragonangelbiker

dragonangelbiker Member

i live in kirtland.[right outside of farmington]hate the dirt but if you check out ruidoso its awesome.being in the mountains up there is unbelievable.

3. Lanstar Zero

Lanstar Zero Member

I'm moving to New Mexico in 2 weeks!

I'll be going to massage school in Santa Fe (NMAHA).

PM me if anyone wants to get together..

Bendiciones

4. logwarrior

logwarrior Member

i'm moving to sante fe over winter break. sooo stoked

5. logwarrior

logwarrior Member

change of plans...ill be there by the 10th of nov

6. Newdbare

Newdbare Member

[​IMG]I live in T or C, but travel all over the state to hike, sight see and camp out. Went to White Sands today. Was in Lordsburg and the Burros last week.
    Was in Gallup and Grants this past Summer as well as Carlsbad.
    Been to Santa Fe once and Albuquerque dozens of times.

I moved to New Mexico in 1991 via Arkansas from Oregon.

My dad and his whole family were born here in a covered wagon near Ship Rock.

I first visited New Mexico in 1942 when I visited my great grandmother on the Navajo Indian Reservation, but she did not speak hardly any English and therefore I didn't learn very much about the state until I moved here in the summer of 1991.

New Mexico is the best state in the union for sight-seeing, exploring and camping out. You can camp for 14 days free in most forest camp grounds where there is restrooms, fire pits and picnic tables under big trees.

New Mexico is also the most beautiful state in the union. I will never leave here because this is paradise!

7. StaggerLee917

StaggerLee917 Member

Hey blinkin... think i saw your bus parked in the Santa Fe Railyard one day like 2 years ago.

8. yellowcat

yellowcat Member

If you have money its nice here. Pay wise, very bad. Its not uncommon to know people that will go a few days without food because they dont have money. It is very poor where I am at, las cruces. The pay thing, or lack there of, brings about a general attitude of imcompatence, wheather it be ordering at fast food, or driving. Just this morning a man pulled right in front of me, I was going 45mph, I had to slam on my brakes, then he drives like 15 miles per hour. Actually, I was just rear ended, so I was burrowing my friends car. But he can not drive it, because he cant even afford gas.
    But if you want to sell hard drugs, there is money in that, and business is very good. Or you can steal, or be on wellfare, or presonal injury cases. My neibor is an RN nurse. She makes 8.00 per hour. i had her show me her check, it was true.
    It really is a beutiful place here, there are houses going up everywhere, back in the day, there was roads for cars, and there was back roads for dirt bikes. I could go almost anywhere on a dirt bike. Now houses litter the old trails, and the sherrif stands ready on his ATV. It is sad the way these houses litter the landscape like cancer. The spirits that control the mountain are very upset. I hear them moaning through the wind at night. something about sacred land being destroyed. i hope the Americn economy does crash, because it will slow down the destruction of this Holy land.
    Do I need to mention that the crystal meth problem is more an epidemic than a addiction. Am i missing anything, oh, the State Police, actaully are okay here, they really only care about retirement, and getting the required number of patrol miles on there cars. enjoy

9. Lustandlove

Lustandlove Member

Hi everyone. I'm in Albuquerque. Been in Albuquerque for a long time.

10. Lustandlove

Lustandlove Member

No freaking doubt! I lived in Coralles in the late 80s. It was a beautiful peaceful little place, a half hour away from the city. Since Intel (Sucking up all the water.), there are split level roads and Wal-Mart and apartments where I used to walk through the desert and find animal bones. I remember when Rio Rancho's motor vehicle office was a little pink trailer off the side of the road. Now you can get lost out there easily.

11. -CoDy-

-CoDy- Member

What he said

12. skintchicken

skintchicken Member

my wife and i are moving to las vegas in jan 09. we'd love to meet some like minded people to hang out with b/c we won't know anyone out there. we love classic rock, kind, shrooms, lucy, camping, animals, the simpsons, reading, etc.

13. nakedtreehugger

nakedtreehugger craaaaaazy

do you like albuquerque? i loved the feel of it as we passed through on our way to california (just moved here and HATE it, it's way too fast and crazy), and it seemed like a really cool city, and now i'm thinking it might be a great place to live. is it? :D feel free to pm me with any info about living in albuquerque, or just to say whatever you think about living there. if you've been there a while, hopefully it means you like it? :D

14. StaggerLee917

StaggerLee917 Member

Lanstar and Logwarrior... you guys ever move out?

NTH... we GOTTA hang out if you decide to come here.

15. nakedtreehugger

nakedtreehugger craaaaaazy

it's looking like it'll be a couple years until we can leave california. new mexico requires higher certification for massage therapy (our careers) than california does, so we'll have to take a bunch of classes and stuff before we'll have any chance of getting jobs in NM. but it's our long term plan :D

16. k8ebaby

k8ebaby Guest

just moved to las cruces from the washington, dc area. looking for some liberal heads around here - havent found them yet, but i know they gotta be around here! let me know if you're around the way!

17. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

omg, you're totally right.

i lived in farmington and milan. milan is a pit. cloudcroft though, ahhhhhhh.

18. mamaKCita

our friend got shot on the head on her 21st birthday coming out of a club in albuequerque. someone was just fucking around with a gun several blocks over. i never liked albuequerque. that just reinforced my dislike.

19. mamaKCita

hahaha. i can't believe i got you busted. sorry. still, i loved the four corners, though life took me north. good people, gorgeous scenery, bad people, too, of course. i just got tired of not being able to go to a bar.

20. olfrt

olfrt Member

New Mexico is full of Rattlesnakes, Tarantulas, Scorpions, Cactus Thorns, Goatheads, and Deadly Nightshade. We love it but if you are planning to move here get your immunizations in order, make out your will, and .....
    consider Vermont first!