Nudity legal

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by NakedInfluence, Sep 28, 2020.

1. NakedInfluence

NakedInfluence Member

I get the feeling that nudity is like homosexuality in that some day it will no longer be illegal and people will be ashamed there were ever laws against it. I hope when that day comes my conviction for "offensive behaviour" will be expunged and I won't have to admit to having a criminal record.

2. Calmerchameleon

Calmerchameleon Members

Man, how did that happen? I was always lead to believe you can be naked in a public place as long as no lewd acts were being performed and if any member of public complained, you just need to cover up?!

I've never been brave enough to go public unless it was a designated nudist area not because I'm ashamed of my body, only the reaction of others. One day, maybe the public attitude will change.

The main issue is, there are too many f***** up people in the world and many would use it for nefarious purposes and dress it as innocence.

3. NakedInfluence

NakedInfluence Member

I was naked on a beach for a nudist event (a moonlight swim). I went a little early but kept my distance from everyone and just sat on the ground naked waiting for the sun to go down. The more I think about it the more I'm sure the police and the judge in my case didn't understand the law and were completely wrong to convict me. I couldn't afford to appeal and my wife doesn't appreciate the injustice of it and thinks I deserve what happened. We almost broke up over it and saving our marriage was more important to me but it hurts.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
    Pobept73 likes this.
  4. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Oh dear god NO!! We might see womens nipples!!!!! Oh, the horror!!.

Nudegardner, Bilby, Pobept73 and 2 others like this.
  5. Scarecrow13

Scarecrow13 Members

I have thought this very thing. Even now a comparison can be made as there are "Closet" nudists and it often involves "coming" out, due to the social stigma.

6. NudeMTB

NudeMTB Senior Member

Heres hoping!! Thats unlucky......in Scotland, it is not illegal to be nude in public as long as you are not causing anyone distress......although, distress depends on how the person feels about seeing a nude person in public, so its pretty muddy waters, especially for males.

Granite69 and NudistTed like this.
  7. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

I hope this article from last year helps.
    Link below but some of the article below that for a flavour.

Is it legal to be naked or topless in public? UK laws explained for anyone going 'taps aff' in the summer weather

Simply put, public nudity is not a crime, as long as you have no intention of causing alarm or distress.

However, given that being naked in public is rather unusual, exposing your intimate areas in public could cause discomfort to those around you.

There are two nudity-related offences you can be arrested for: Outraging Public Decency – a common law offence – and Indecent Exposure.

Outraging Public Decency
    Outraging Public Decency first makes it a crime to perform actions or displays in public places that are of “such a lewd character as to outrage public decency” and which “took place in public and must have been capable of being seen by two or more persons who were present, even if they did not actually see it.”

While someone might find it distasteful to see another person sunbathing naked in a park for example, technically this is lawful unless that person has been ‘disorderly’ or caused another person ‘actual’ harassment, alarm or distress.

This is different from the complainant finding it personally offensive and has a high threshold in law that simple public nudity would not reach.

[​IMG]

8. NudeMTB

NudeMTB Senior Member

Was it just the fact you were naked that you were convicted for? That seems wrong, unless you were visibly aroused or appearing to masturbate? The fact there was a nude event would surely have worked in your favour?
    When I am nude in public I make sure i do not touch my penis or get aroused at all and if i were to feel an unwanted erection i would cover up if I had something with me and if not I would try my best to get out of direct sight til it went away.....I think having a hard on or even just a semi, while being nude in a public space is just asking for trouble.
    Be careful out there

9. NubbinsUp

NubbinsUp Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

A necessary bodily function, urination often leads to serious criminal charges when done in public. In all 50 US states, public urination is a crime, but not usually a serious one. However, people caught urinating in public, such as in a street, alley, or parking lot, are often also charged with "indecent exposure" or "public lewdness," which are far more serious and can require some jail time and listing on public registries as a sex offender.

Not only do men generally have weaker bladder control than women, but men's genitals are external. Women urinating in public are rarely charged with with serious crimes, because the arresting officer and any witnesses at trial would not be able to claim to have seen her genitals and would have no ability to describe them.

Because alcohol is often involved, and those interacting with police after drinking tend not to be the most respectful and polite creatures on earth, having a pint or two and pissing behind a pub can really mess up a guy's life. Be careful out there, and if you do need to have a pee and can't get to a toilet in time, keep your dick out of sight.

I've seen thousands of men's dicks in my life, and I wouldn't be offended, but that doesn't mean that an arresting officer, charging prosecutor, judge at trial, or neighbors seeing you on a sex-offender registry will be so sympathetic to your need to evacuate your bladder in the way you did.

NudeMTB likes this.
  10. NakedInfluence

NakedInfluence Member

I don't think anyone mentioned urination Nubbins. I didn't touch myself or have an erection, that's why I think it was completely unfair that I was convicted. My lawyer and I looked at cases from the past which varied greatly in terms of the defendant's behaviour and the results in each case. One guy was naked around a hundred or so elementary school kids and got off. Another was gardening and was seen by the kid next door and was convicted. I think it's due to the fact that it all comes down to someone being offended which is completely subjective and shouldn't be the basis for any law. Someone could be naked on a beach seen by one person who gets offended and they have committed a crime. Another could be naked in a shopping mall seen by a thousand people but if none complain they've done nothing wrong. You tell me which person should be convicted.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  11. Pobept73

Pobept73 Members

Like it or not , nudity in most places in the USA be it day or night is a violation of state and or local laws.
    I read resonantly that a woman was convicted for being nude 'in her house' because the curtains were not drawn closed and she could be seen by people on the street.
    How insane is that law?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
  12. nldn

nldn Senior Member

I cannot see that changing. Fear of children seeing things that could or are harmful, and because too often in some nude situations some people take it as a licence for public sexual behaviour. I would be happy to see designated places (more beaches, more secluded parkland areas and more clothes optional spas).

Joe90 and NudistTed like this.
  13. Deejay69

Deejay69 Members

We are t
    We are taught to be ashamed of our bodies instead of being comfortable with them. I have only recently learned to enjoy my body and feel so much better without the opressive guilt.

Joe90 and NudistTed like this.
  14. Barry Mandelay

Barry Mandelay Banned

I am nude as much as possible. Even as I write this I am naked and comfortable. Clothing does two things for me. It keeps me warm when the weather decides nudity isn't comfortable and keeps me out of jail. I run errands, hike secluded trails, swim when possible, and work around the house nude. My spouse is not a naturist but accepts my naturism. Unfortunately I have had to put up privacy fencing so as to not be seen and thereby causing complaints to be made. I make provisions for being nude while out and about where the textile people would take offense by my lack of clothing. Being nude is not against the law in many places. It's the insinuated behavior that is associated with nudity that is afoul of the law. States and localities differ on public nudity interpretation on what is considered indecent and whether the nudist had a particular intent. Was the the intent to shock, offend, or arouse? This would fall into either indecent exposure or lewd conduct. And that is up to the person who you might offend by being seen nude.

Granite69, Deejay69 and NudistTed like this.