Nudity at Home

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by Xiaoyan, Mar 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. franx144

franx144 Banned

My wife and I have a 12 y.o. son and a 9 y.o. daughter. We've never made any issue about being seen naked by our kids. In fact I don't think we ever thought of it. About a month ago my wife was in the shower and was carrying on a conversation with my son who was sitting in our room. As she walked in our bedroom naked I for the first time ever wondered if our son, who has recently entered puberty would get to a point where either he said he didn't want to see her naked or the opposite and show a strong interest in her body. Neither have happened so I'll just let nature take it's course. My daughter is just starting to form buds in her breasts and since my wife is DD I wonder how my daughter will react about showing/ hiding her body if in a few years she is a young teen with large breasts and I also wonder how I will feel about it as well.

2. Mr. Man

Mr. Man Member

Well, that is certainly a very unusual and suggestive thing for a woman to say upon seeing her brother naked. Was she correct that she had seen your penis before, and if so, how did that happen?

3. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

When I was growing up, we weren't a nudist family at all, but it wasn't considered to be a big deal if a family member was seen naked shortly before or after shower time, or while changing clothes. Nothing was ever said about it, and I gave it very little thought. The same family policy applied to the grandparents, especially when my sister and I were staying over with them. Their house was small, so strict privacy was not very practical on an overnight visit.

The only exception to that routine pattern was one time that I saw my dad with an erection, briefly, early in the morning. It wasn't the first time I had noticed this, but I was getting old enough to be more curious, so I asked my mother about it later. She shrugged and said it was just something that happens sometimes. I asked her if it was uncomfortable for him, and she said no. Later that year, she decided it was time to tell me a lot more about erections and sex in general. I still didn't attach any significance to seeing my father hard. It was always a rare thing, and everyone was always busy at the time doing what they needed to be doing.

It never crossed my mind back then to wonder who he was thinking about. I would assume it was Mom. Maybe it was a famous actress. Who cares? I know it wasn't one of his daughters. He wasn't like that.

Our family policy on this never changed, up until I was old enough to move out on my own.

As an adult, my clothing policy at home has been very different. I normally don't spend a lot of hours naked or topless, but it is often more than just a few minutes around shower time, and my 'family' list is now more of a list of close friends who don't have a problem with full or partial nudity in certain situations, plus my live-in boyfriend.

When I exercise at home, especially on my treadmill, I usually wear only a sports bra. This is good for housecleaning too. Only my boyfriend is home at these times, however.

4. bjkrupp89

bjkrupp89 Member

to talk to you, Karen. Anyway if I can't you're cool, anyway. Not a nut.

5. MellowDonna

MellowDonna Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

We're not nudists, but that's not to say we haven't seen one another nude at one time or another. Our family consists of me, my husband, and my daughter. As for my husband and me, well, we're married. We have a daughter. I think you can figure that out. :rolleyes:

As for our daughter, it goes without saying we've both seen her naked. She's 3 and needs her baths. Usually it's me, but if I'm not home or am busy, my husband's more than capable of giving her a bath.

She sees me naked most every day, again at bath time. When she was a baby, I could give her a bath and keep her under control. As she's grown, splashing became part of the game. I fought it for a while, but it was frustrating. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, so I started taking off my clothes too. Usually I just kneel by the tub and wash her, but sometimes I get in with her. It can be fun play time for both of us!

As for my husband, if our daughter cries at night and he hears her first, he'll often go in to check on her hoping not to wake me. Okay, he goes as he is, which is naked. Sometimes she'll crawl in bed with us. Usually we'll put on sweats or shorts. The issue is in the morning. My husband gets up for his shower. When he's done he comes back into the bedroom and guess what? He's naked.

I've explained to her about boys and girls. I've also explained the need to keep private parts covered when she's around people she doesn't know. To the best of my knowledge she's never seen an erection.

6. johnnywhiplash

johnnywhiplash Guest

The best thing we learned raising our kids in the nudist lifestyle was respect for self, respect for others and we all hang out nude watching TV or eating dinner, the sight of an erection is normal, there is no pointing and giggling it's just a mantra you have to instill in your kids and then ALWAYS follow through and don't just preach values and talk talk talk, stop and listen I mean really listen to your kids, they will tell you how they truly feel. Sure there is always an unhealthy amount of sexual tension in the air but if you are a true nudist family and stay true to nudist values then it's understood that incest has NO place in a nudist home, with that said, as parents it's important to allow the children to have their own privacy for self exploration and masturbation. During times like these you almost have to allow masturbation in your home, after all it's a normal natural thing that almost everyone does and I know for one I'd much rather they masturbate than procreate!

7. NatureDude

NatureDude Member

Did any one on this thread feel disturbed by the post of same people on here, honestly I felt rather confused and not sure what to think. But it wasn't like anything serious happened.

8. bdaysuitjohn

bdaysuitjohn Member

i think family nudity is ok as long it doesnt lead to anything wrong
    but everyone must draw there own line

9. Gerald

Gerald Member

There are various flatting arrangements I know of over the years in which there has been a general tolerance for nudity. A friend of mine flatted in a mixed flat and worked a night shift, slept naked, and would prepare breakfast for himself during the day naked. There was one instance where he appeared in the kitchen/dining area naked when we were there, thinking the house was empty. This was seen as no big deal. We have had friends staying here who have sunbathed naked in our backyard during the working day. Hippie communities and houses generally tolerate nudity. In the 1970s in NZ some communities, often made up of a number of families, with children, nudity was expected, so that many tasks during the summer months were conducted naked.

10. bo130

bo130 Member

Karen - your story kind of echoes my own to one degree or another. When I first began into what one might call "nudism", it was at first just very early in the morning, around the time that I got myself cleaned up and ready for the day. The home I was living in did not lend itself well to privacy of any kind, particularly because there was only one bathroom.

I only had a problem with open erections for a short period of time, as it was only my mom living with me. It was somewhat embarrasing at first, because I was just hitting the first point of puberty, and eventually I was having them quite often, and a lot of times they were completely spontaneous. Eventually, I just gave up caring about it, as I knew they were not going to go away, no matter what I tried to do.

My mom and I had a talk about them, and I asked her if they in any way bothered her, and she said that they didn't at all. That was probably the point at which I realized that there was absolutely nothing wrong with the human body in any way or shape, and I would not be the same person I am today if I did not have that experience. It's good to know that there are others who have come to understand that the naked body is a natural thing, and not something that is always related to sex.

11. NatureDude

NatureDude Member

I'm glad that there are people out there who understand :). I've been a closest nudist lately, usually about one hour sessions at the most.

12. jm55349

jm55349 Banned

i feel that it is ok for family to be naked around eachother i feel it is normal and healthy growing up i saw my mom and dad often walking around naked around the house and i did as well and we felt comfy and that our body is nothing to be ashamed of. my wife and i are often naked and our little kids see us nude and its not a big deal. i mean only time we are nude is sleeping or at night after a shower might stay nude til bed kinda thing. or if we skinny dip in the lake etc.

13. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

i remember seeing a family movie one time and the whole family got undressed and took a bath outside. (it took place in the little house on the prairie times) they didnt show any nudity but they made it clear that they were all nude, they were just having a good time splashing each other then the dog jumped up and they all got out. that was the first time i saw a family that was comfortable about being nude and it helped make me not be embarrassed about it so much....well until everyone else had hair and i didnt.

14. xangelwingsx

xangelwingsx Member

I live alone so the first thing I do when I get home is take off my clothes, and I usually don't put them on again until I need to leave my flat.

It would be very important to me to be able to maintain that same way of life if I had a partner and kids and if they wanted to live the same way, so much the better!

15. Jbones

Jbones Member

My exgirlfriend and I would hangout at my house bare ass naked a lot when my family was away. Very comfortable with your partner, or friends who you don't mind that sort of thing with. Around my family I really dislike even having my shirt off... despite that when I attended university i would walk around shirtless with a wife beater in my pocket for going into gas stations lol. I miss my college town

16. Amontillado

Amontillado Member extraordinaire HipForums Supporter

My wife and I don't wear clothes at home in warm weather, because well, why should we? But we're old enough to remember the real hippies, and any kids there might have been are out of the house. So it's not an issue whether we're a nudist family or not.

17. Rapidi

Rapidi Members

I am nude at home quite a bit. My wife doesn't enjoy being nude herself, but likes me that way. I must say, though, that this makes me uncomfortable at times. I feel I need to wear clothes sometimes just to not make HER feel uncomfortable. And I have a strange hang up. I can be nude all day while she's away, but feel I need to be dressed to greet her when she gets home. I wish she would join me, but I must admit, me being nude while she is dressed is a bit of a turn on. And she seems more attracted to me when I'm nude. Anyway, all is good! Pluses and minuses to everything I suppose.

18. averageguy6

averageguy6 Average Ordinary Guy

Not sure this is the place for this, but here it goes.

I'm not into nudism and never really have been. I don’t see anything wrong with it and if I had the opportunity I’d probably do it. I am a little bit of an exhibitionist and voyeur.

Last night I was cooking dinner (I was alone) and horny. I dropped my pants and cooked in the nude, it felt great. It was so free.

Just my two cents.

19. GaryCFuller

GaryCFuller Members

I remain nude at home 24/7 and that's with stepdaughter and granddaughter living with us ,hopefully temporarily. My point is, no issues with my lack of attire. Quiet the opposite occurs even if I slide on a pair of shorts, like "where are you going " or what's wrong, why are you dressed?

20. modeve

modeve Members

I have read all posts with interest. Staying nude, alone or with spouse, or even in a family, is surely a personal decision and life style.
    I myself stay nude at home. So does my husband. No inhibition, no reservation. It is, for us, very relaxing, natural, sexual and romantic.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.