Nudity at gatherings

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by Booga, Apr 13, 2007.

1. shameless_heifer

shameless_heifer Super Moderator

At my age I would have to go around sucking in my stomach all day, I would feel self conscious. That would be exhausting. It is best sometimes for some ppl to keep their clothes on, at least certain parts covered as not to scare the children. One of my sisters has breasts so large ppl cant help but stare bc she is only 4'11 and has DDDs. They have even asked her how she keeps from falling over.

The sunscreen is Vital. The last time I was nude in the sun, 35 yrs ago. My tits got so blistered I got sun poisoning in my breast and had to have surgery. I keep the 'girls' covered now.

I think nudity is a state of mind and how comfortable you are in your own skin. In my case it would be vanity that keeps my body clad more then a moral issue.

I had a lady that rented from us a while back. She sat around inside all day nekid, I felt uncomfotable to visit her sitting there nekid. It wouldnt have bothered me so much if there were like a room full of nekid ppl but just her there made me feel odd. I tried to be cool but it did bother me. I knew it shouldnt but it just did. You dont see too many nekid ppl runnin' around these parts unless it's dark and they're skinny dippin'.

I suppose no matter how free thinking you are, there is always gonna be something that you dont resonate with.

Just my random thoughts on nudity.
    sh

2. prana

prana Member

Last edited: Feb 1, 2024
  3. shameless_heifer

Each to their own, clothing is optional in life.

The park officials will do everything in their power to discourage nudity. So I strongly advise everyone to STTRREEKKKK across the countryside, dreadheaded and grinning. :D

Bright Blessings
    sh ( nekid under her clothes)

4. zencoyote

zencoyote Member

Just had to write that.....ya big tease.
    Now there's all kinds of fantasies running through my brain.
    Damn good thing mamma just got back from Tucson!!!!

Zen

5. shameless_heifer

A man and his fantasies, what would the world be without them??

6. Spirit Pilgrim

Spirit Pilgrim Member

That was articulate. Thanks for your comment.

7. Gerald

Gerald Member

Here are several pictures showing nudity at the Rainbow Gathering held at Las Choapas, Veracruz, Mexico, November 2007-February 2008. The river is the Nanchital River. This flooded badly during the preparation (seed camp) destroying a number of camps. Skinny dipping in the river was very popular. There was less nudity at the site itself. Picture 1 shows skinny dipping 27.1.2008. Picture 2 shows another naked group. Sharp eyed viewers will notice the mud and wonder why. Rainbow events are known for unorthodox and spontaneous activities. In this case the river flooded an acoustic pit for drumming and this was turned into a venue for naked mud wrestling. The picture was taken on 30.12.2007. The last is from the Past lives regression workshop held on 12.2.2008. Picture 1 seems to escapulate the "joix de vivre" of Rainbow gatherings. Gerald

8. Booga

Booga Member

Gerald: Thanks for the pictures. Glad to see nudity hasn't gone totally out of style.

Shameless: I completely understand. My philosophy on nudity has always been, "If you're not comfortable, then I'm not comfortable." I don't get naked because I want to attract attention, either the good kind or the bad kind. I do it because it's fun. Whenever I sense that my nakedness might ruin someone else's good time, I do the team player thing and stay dressed.

(Yeah, missed the gathering again. Maybe I can get time off this year...)

Thank you, Becca. When and if I get the chance, I will do my best to -- how you say? -- be keen to the vibe.

9. Dylanchick0113

Dylanchick0113 Member

damn good point about the LEOs,,, but usually you know theyre coming llooong before you see them. Its kinda hard to get snuck up on at a gathering. But keep the nudity outta kiddie village and jesus kitchen,, most of the family there just want that respect. Other than that heed that warning abnout sunscreen,,, boiled shrimp doesnt even come close to the way ive seen some people blister up and fry,, the 4th at midday can be a long and painful one if youre not careful,, try what the gypsies had goin on in colorado,,, big rainbow umbrella.

10. Gerald

Gerald Member

Here are some more images of nudity at the Mexican Rainbow Gathering 2007-8. 1. Sunbathing on the banks of the Nanchital River. 2. Using a rope on the far side of the Nanchital River. 3. Fixing a leak in the tarpaulin cover over the kitchen. Jusu Kontio, aka Suomi, from Finland, is hoisted up. 4. A group photograph taken on the closure of the gathering. The naked brother is Sergio. Casual nudity at the Gathering was routine and common in the more communal parts such as the kitchen and around the sacred fire. On 9.2.08, the day of the final circle, a variety of activities happened around the central fire : singing and chanting, a childrens workshop, seated family, brothers and sisters coming and going, juggling and a frisbee game. Of the jugglers one was naked. One of the three brothers playing with a frisbee was naked : his penis swung about conspicuously as he caught and returned the object. This information is taken from the Gathering video. Nudity at the Gathering was absolutely accepted. There were no restrictions. This was perhaps a reaction to the previous Gathering in Thailand where nudity was limited. Gerald.

11. zencoyote

zencoyote Member

Nudity is fine but schwinging dicks are another thing! LOL...

Zen

12. Xora

Xora Member

I'm pretty sure I enjoy reading your post more than I do any others.
    Always making me laugh : D

13. Gerald

Gerald Member

The video of the Gathering was designed to give a fair representation of life at the event. It does show nudity, as there was nudity. Including a segment showing a naked brother in a frisbee game as in any video or film is a result of a conscious decision, so the question would be, does the footage assist with the purpose of the movie. In this case it underlines the Rainbow position on nudity in that it shows nudity juxapositioned with an number of other activities in a way which would not be found elsewhere such is the case with naked swimming or nudity in the camps. His swinging dick was obviously part of his nudity. There is another point being made here to show nudity as it actually happens and not discretely disguising as is the case with much of the photographic record of Rainbow events or avoiding it completely. This and the pressure for there not to be any nudity would stem from morally conservative viewpoints. An illustration of the first problem occurred at the Mexico event and is shown by examining closely the various picture essays of those who attended the Mexico Gathering begging the question why is the nudity of the event recorded in such different ways starting from nothing. How can essays on the same event be so different. In the case of the Mexico event nudity was acceptable anywhere at any time. Gerald.

14. RawAndNatural

RawAndNatural Member

Gerald, you do write well. Also, I do agree with you that pressure for there not to be any nudity stems from morally conservative viewpoints. That is the root of the oposition to nudity. Then after so many people are socialized in the morally conservative atmosphere, people that are otherwise not as morally conservative are self concious about being naked.

15. luvione

luvione Member

I was born nude, anyone else? If I am hot, with the chest I have,, beleave it, shirts comin off! I have been a nudist since I was 17.Thank you. Theres not enough schwinging either Zen!LOL!!

16. nldn

nldn Senior Member

Showing nudity where it occurs at an event of this kind gives a fair representation, as long as it is not gratuitous. It's better than denying that some people who attend are naked from time to time, as then those who are offended by nudity know what to expect and can decide on whether or not to go in full knowledge.

I saw a tv programme a couple of months ago that included a feature on visiting Formentera (the island in Spain next to Ibiza). This is an island where most of the beaches will have nude sunbathers, some a large proportion of the people there. The beaches concerned are not remote ones either. Even though the programme was transmitted at 730pm, I felt there should have been some mention even in the commentary of there being nudists on many beaches, which could be done without actually showing naked people.

17. zencoyote

zencoyote Member

At least you know they weren't bullshitting you!

Nudist beaches are great. Best one I've found is on Maui. Called Little Beach...next to Big Beach. A rock outcropping separates the beaches. There are no signs or anything to designate it. Everyone just knows and the haoles get warned.

Zen