Nudity as an art-form

Discussion in 'Art' started by The World of Dan, Aug 16, 2005.

1. inbloom

inbloom as the crow flies...

That reminds me of awhile ago, when Alex and I were at a potluck dinner. This woman had her baby with her, and suddenly says, "I hope no-one minds, but I have to breatfeed my baby." And she just started doing it. And we all got on the discussion of how idiotic it is, that so many people have a problem with public breastfeeding. It's THE most natural thing in the world, and people are all creeped out by it. I just thought it was really beautiful that such a nice group of people were open minded to something like that. It was great. :)

2. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

you should nip in the womens foru theres a big disscussion about it in there

3. The World of Dan

The World of Dan FSMFTW

I can't remember what it was, some sporting event or other, but you know how the camaras often show people from the crowd, reactions and whatever... well... they showed a woman breast-feeding..... that in itself was not a problem (as you've said, it's the most natural thing in the world)... the problem was that they left it on her for around 30 seconds.... far longer than the normal 2 second glance that we get of the crowd, etc.. :)

4. inbloom

inbloom as the crow flies...

Hahaha, you know a guy was working that camera. :p

5. JJ DIAMOND

JJ DIAMOND Member

iT'S A GREAT FORM OF EXPRESSION,CHECK OUT MT GALLERY.

6. The World of Dan

The World of Dan FSMFTW

Wow, they are some fantastic paintings.. did you do them yourself?

7. Dandelion_Blood

Dandelion_Blood Gremlin

hehehehe... sorry but, what a quote!

8. The World of Dan

The World of Dan FSMFTW

Is that an admission of your own perverson? :p

9. The World of Dan

The World of Dan FSMFTW

Well... that's one way to get inspration!

10. TARABELLE

TARABELLE on the road less traveled

Yep!, we are a strange breed. [​IMG] I love doing mundane things naked, and not so mudane - gardening for example, a true joy while nude. And yes, I'll be wearing the shoes most of the time.

P.S. I would LOVE being at the Grand Canyon (just my favorite place in the world!) nekkid!

11. ewomack

ewomack Member

There doesn't have to be anything deeply intellectual about nudity. True, it has many dimensions, but the intellectual dimension is only one way to approach it. One can even destroy erotic nudity by thinking about it too much.

In the words of Don Van Vliet: "Somebody's had too much to think".

The feeling we get from nudity partly stems from our clothes-centric and religious puritain heritage and partly from the down and dirty human reaction to another's body. We've heightened the experience by making nudity "dirty" and requiring clothing in "decent society". Nudity becomes a form of rebellion or a way to challenge the status quo (that in many ways wants to shape our very human all too human drives). The very fact that nudity is seen as "indecent" itself tells us what a bizarre species human beings are. What could be more natural and beautiful than a naked body? Two naked bodies? Three? Nudity shouldn't shock us (not that it shocks everyone); it should feel natural.

But I still won't be joining a nudist colony anytime soon. :&

12. TARABELLE

TARABELLE on the road less traveled

I'm curious as to why? Especially after your nice argument for nudity.

13. Bare Foot Bunny Hugg

Bare Foot Bunny Hugg Member

Nudity is the most natural form of art.