Nude Yoga

Discussion in 'Yoga and Meditation' started by anormalguy, Aug 14, 2022.

1. anormalguy

anormalguy Members

Has anyone done a nude yoga class? Sometimes I practice yoga nude at home. Some positions can get a bit physically uncomfortable, but it is enjoyable to be unrestricted by clothes. Do people prefer nude yoga at home and/or in class? How was it to be in odd positions so close to other people?

2. Very Fast Car

Very Fast Car Members

My partner practices yoga and has practiced it naked at home, mostly alone but occasionally with a fellow nudist friend.

I have tried it but i'm too impatient!

Alice in SC likes this.
  3. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

Pardon my ignorance here but do they actually do nude Yoga classes ?

And then are they mixed ?

I can see doing at home naked as I do my workout naked in summer when its too hot.

FredBrice and Alice in SC like this.
  4. anormalguy

anormalguy Members

Yes, I've seen that mixed nude yoga classes exist, and would be curious to hear if anyone has done one. I prefer yoga at home anyway. I might end up more embarrassed about my yoga poses than the nudity haha

5. JonJRR88

JonJRR88 Members

when I was just a wee lad, in the locker room at the gym, with the old men....well, I saw things I just can't unsee. Those people had all sorts of creatures in some kind of parasitic meld going on. So, uh, re the question....Nein danke...

6. Stan Natliano

Stan Natliano Newbie

7. Alice in SC

Alice in SC Senior Member

I enjoy doing it in the early Morning in the pasture, as long as it's warm, or in my Barn when the weather is too cold!

Joe90 likes this.
  8. MasseurNaturel

MasseurNaturel Members

I do nude yoga at home and also tantric yoga with a few others privately. Also, I have joined yoga classes where everyone is wearing extremely little. Recently, after discussions with the class tutor, I have been demonstrating tantric yoga with her to the class, both of us nude, and the students have all joined in too and enjoyed the sessions.

UnveilingGirl and Joe90 like this.
  9. MollyCuddled

MollyCuddled Members

I’m not sure I’d be brave enough to go to a class. At least I’d come late to see who was there so I could decide if I want to join ;-p

Joe90, 6Sailor9, BiSal and 1 other person like this.
  10. Steveh

Steveh Members

There are nude yoga classes, mostly same sex I've been to several all male nude yoga classes and love them.

BiSal and MasseurNaturel like this.
  11. MasseurNaturel

MasseurNaturel Members

It does take a lot of courage to join in, it's only happened at my class because everyone wears very skimpy outfits anyway and the ladies also do body confidence classes with the same tutor so they have done belly dancing lessons, striptease and lap-dancing lessons, and are learning pole-dancing with her now too.
    So now they are body confident it didn't take much to go from skimpy outfits to nude to tantric yoga for couples in mutual asanas.

MollyCuddled likes this.
  12. MollyCuddled

MollyCuddled Members

i think the body confidence work is great and I’m 100% behind that. I would actually like to do it, but would want to know the group a little first. Part is a body confidence question but part is also just establishing a basic trust.

6Sailor9 and MasseurNaturel like this.
  13. Bazz888

Bazz888 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

That would be my way too. It's not just women who can have body confidence issues.

MollyCuddled and MasseurNaturel like this.
  14. MasseurNaturel

MasseurNaturel Members

@MollyCuddled It's incredible how positive those body confidence classes have been for them. The class is only 5 ladies; 2 best friends (who are my friends too), a bi couple, and a single lady, plus the tutor. They have been doing classes together for quite a while now so over time they have all established a basic trust among each other. It took a few weeks to trust me jointly taking the tantric class nude with the tutor, first just demonstrations with the tutor for them to watch and copy, before joining in with me.
    I've also had the pleasure of being entertained by their striptease and lap-dancing classes and they have enjoyed having someone male to perform to and getting real feedback to boost their confidence.

6Sailor9 and MollyCuddled like this.
  15. UnveilingGirl

UnveilingGirl Members

I practice nude yoga at home when I wake up, I don't typically wear clothes anyway so its always nude. I think its best to be inhibited by clothing anyway, nothing pulls or impedes your movement. You don't have to fight your clothes when already trying to stretch yourself out. I've never taken a class (I wouldn't mind taking one though) although theres something to be said for the intimacy of performing yoga together but its also good to take stock of our bodies when we do yoga alone.

16. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Summer, at home, yes.

the local classes? Disinclined

FredBrice likes this.
  17. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

TrudginAcrossTheTundra Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yeah, take stock! That's being responsible.

When we see others in yoga moves and positions it offers a visual stimulus that signals they care about their health and mobility, which as sexual beings we find sexy. Add to that the body on display in what we can't help but find provocative poses, and imagination does its magic.

Then no matter how dedicated one may strive to be perceived, by saying the right things and acting the sanctioned ways, there's a sense of foreplay to the activity that's undeniable to the observant and honest. In other words, it kinda gets you worked up when participating, and even observing from the sidelines.

It pretty much primes us for hard go at a fulfilling follow up session. We're stretched out and limber, our minds can't stop thinking about it, bodies are sweaty, smelly, and blasting exciting pheromones, secretions are leaking... Conditions are perfect. The only things holding us back if we let them are our own fears of breaking social norms.

So it's no mystery why yoga is considered sexy. And even though participants in group settings are clothed, the clothes are thin, clingy, and stretchy, and edging on transparent (maybe not as much as we'd wish) pretty much showing all we need to know to imagine ourselves having exciting casual recreational sex with each other. So it doesn't make sense at a base logic level to require clothing and not have the clothes be optional. Honestly, what could any possible downside be? Will the participants suddenly start ravishing and taping each other? Come on. It wouldn't be any more or less.

Kids might see? I've heard that offered as a counter argument as if it were somehow a good argument for requiring clothing. It's not even an argument. The only reason kids might react to nudity is because they have been propagandized by adults "don't let anyone see your privates" and then develop paranoia, and obsessively compulsively make sure those parts are hidden under multiple layers of cloth - and in so conditioned are subject to freak out should anyone's privates be seen. I'm asserting this approach is unhealthy.

But kids raised around natural concepts, practical uses of clothing, and practical nudity, they don't give a second thought to observing any body parts. I believe this is the healthy approach to humanity. And that clothing should be a personal choice in society with no authorities we put in place dictating what or how much is appropriate or inappropriate for any of us as individuals, much less allowing them to punish us for not conforming to their vision of what's right or wrong with our coverings or lack thereof. I find it unnatural to have such tyranny. And I believe it is put in place by envious and paranoid people.

Feddie and UnveilingGirl like this.
  18. Alice in SC

Alice in SC Senior Member

I enjoy doing nude yoga mostly outside in the early morning!

19. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

TrudginAcrossTheTundra Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

It's especially beautiful this time of year.

FredBrice and 6Sailor9 like this.