Nude In Public

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by Naturist Girl, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Casaderio

Casaderio Members

She didn't have that vibe and she wasn't a GILF. I just think she enjoyed the occasional nude customer, especially if the customer was young.

Sounds probable, and it's also a bit like getting a positive reaction to a piece of clothing. You wear it more often after that and you get a confidence boost when wearing it. Get a positive reaction to being nude, and you seek more opportunities go nude and you get a confidence boost when doing so.

Case in point: I was at a spiritual festival where there was a clothing optional beach. I was laying on my stomach next to a woman when this eccentric poet girl walked by and complimented us both on our butts. She added that it was nice that we were going to the body paint workshop (we had mentioned that earlier) so that she would see more of them. She often said things in passing that were a bit odd, but such were her artistic ways. Actually, she was even a bit odd by artist standards, but with an innocent charm that let her away with anything.

Due to some circumstances, I was going to get body painted in underwear but after a compliment like that, I couldn't resist ditching the underwear and go full nude.

2. Casaderio

Casaderio Members

I just realized that writing "some circumstances" makes my previous post sound cryptic. So, the circumstance was that a friend from the "mainstream world", who was not the typical festival goer, was visiting me at the festival that day. She got a bit of a culture shock from the body painted nudes from the previous paint workshop. That's why I initially planned to wear underwear when getting painted.

3. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

TrudginAcrossTheTundra Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Well you can't get the full experience without going full nude. That applies to all there including you and your 'mainstream' friend. So good call.

FireWolf78 and Casaderio like this.
  4. Casaderio

Casaderio Members

Couldn't agree more! And my friend never expected that experience but after being speechless and giggly for a moment, she seemed to come to appreciate it.

When I went to the lake in the evening evening to wash the paint off, she even offered to scrub the paint off my back. Since I'm not brain dead, I gladly accepted. Water soluble paint, so the method was to scrub with sandy hands. It was just as pleasurable as it sounds. And then some.

5. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

TrudginAcrossTheTundra Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I've never done the paint but it sounds hella fun! Especially under those circumstances. You only live once so give it your best shot is what I say.

How well does the paint hide your man parts? I'm guessing probably not well enough to go out in public like women can?

FireWolf78 and Casaderio like this.
  6. Casaderio

Casaderio Members

Your guess is correct, we can't hide our junk. Maybe that zigzag dazzle camouflage they had on British WWI war ships might fool the eye at a distance, but you can't make it look like you're clothed.

At the body paint workshops I've been to at festivals, the participants paint each other, so there's none of that pro level stuff you see e.g. in Roustan's youtube videos. But they're great fun and I wish they were held more often. So many ideas to try out, so few workshops.

My first time, I expected that you'd feel that you're wearing paint in some way, but it doesn't feel anything at all.

7. Amontillado

Amontillado Member extraordinaire HipForums Supporter

Oh, maybe you can. Say you have a rusted-out washing machine round the side of your house, you could put a tarp over it and pretend it's not there. But the traditional Chinese sailing craft, no, I think if you have one around, it's going to show.

8. NatureDude

NatureDude Member

Does streaking in the middle of the night count?

Casaderio and FireWolf78 like this.
  9. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Yes :)

Excellent.. I love doing that!!

FireWolf78 likes this.
  10. Casaderio

Casaderio Members

It sounds like there's story there, that some of us would love to hear. :)

FireWolf78 likes this.
  11. Fernweh

Fernweh Members

Those of you who have been nude in public, has the proliferation of smartphones and their cameras changed anything for you? I'm thinking that maybe some of you have become more careful or stopped altogether, and some of you might not mind at all. Others yet might get a kick out of it.

Personally, the cameras and subsequent massive web exposure keep me from public events like the WNBR (though it seems really fun). Festivals with nudity have been mentioned here and that's somewhere between public and private. The ones I take part in are small enough to feel private rather than public, and for some reason I don't care about cameras there. I can't put my finger on the reason but that's how I feel about it.

Bushwack and NudistTed like this.
  12. Daretobare

Daretobare Member

I'm comfortable with my nudity now after many years. I'm of course like most others my biggest critic of my body. So if someone feels the need to photograph me for whatever their reason, so be it. I'm not so naive to not realize we now live in a world of cameras so chances are, I'll get photographed somewhere

Joe90, Bushwack, Casaderio and 2 others like this.
  13. Casaderio

Casaderio Members

When I went nude to the ice cream kiosk, a few posts above, smartphones were replacing dumbphones rapidly. The first kiosk visit, I was way outside my comfort zone and just tried to keep the mind from racing, so I didn't think about camera phones being in every pocket.

On a few visits I noticed the occasional onlooker getting their phone out, but nobody pointed it to my face. So maybe they took photos, but not from an easily recognizable angle. Besides, the odds are microscopic that a picture ends up on a website visited by the more judgmental and nudity unfriendly ones of your family and acquaintances.