Nude hiking in New York

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by Mullet151, Apr 16, 2020.

1. bill697cu

bill697cu Members

Also my profile pic is from a nude hike in nearby woods.

2. Granite69

Granite69 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

^^^

Planning another somewhat vigorous Vermont hike for later in the week up in the Northeast Kingdom ... near St. Johnsbury.

Will be a game-time decision as to whether I do it naked or not. Legalities notwithstanding, I am not looking to offend traditional sensibilities. Five or six mature adults unexpectedly seeing me nude at the end of a hike is a different animal than going into a situation where I am starting a naked hike from a half full parking lot and will likely encounter a large number of people. Could go either way for this one. :neutral:

NudistTed likes this.
  3. Granite69

Another fun Naked in Vermont kind of day yesterday..

Showed up mid-morning to find an empty parking area and decided to go for it. What was different on this hike is that it was along a series of dirt and abandoned roads to the top of an unusual mountain peak. The gated part of the road was open so there was no guarantee I wouldn’t see a passing vehicle or two on my walk back to nowheresville. And sure enough, two pick-up trucks did pass me by during the course of the 8-mile nude hike but paid me no mind.

Slipped out of my sweaty socks and boots at the end of the hike and enjoyed a couple hours of full nude driving on my way back to NY.

10/10.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    bill697cu likes this.
  4. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Wow......I would love to do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bill697cu and Granite69 like this.
  5. bill697cu

bill697cu Members

I hope to go on a nude hike soon. I like to hike in nearby woods but have been busy around the house. The weather has been nice and almost finished with my outside projects.

Granite69 likes this.
  6. Granite69

7. bill697cu

bill697cu Members

FireWolf78 and Granite69 like this.
  8. nudistguyny

nudistguyny Senior Member

Try State game lands. During the warmer months they don't seem to get used much. And except for a few horse back riders I really have never encountered anyone. And never had any issues.
    I normally print out a sign that says Bird Watching off of my printer and place that in the car window when I park . A odd car here and there might look suspicious. But people bird watching does not draw any attention. And a printed sign looks less odd then a hand written one

9. Granite69

Continues to be a very good summer for me in terms of naturist and nudist activity. Got in another nude hike in southern Vermont on Labor Day. Started early and was the first car in the lot but still encountered a couple of trail runners who were completely unconcerned with my nudity. Clothed up for the return hike from the summit since I knew there would be pretty heavy trail use on the holiday. Even though it’s legal, I still wasn’t looking to offend any families.

Also got an AANR membership and tried out True Nudists for about a week (posting a bunch of non-sexual naked hiking and skinny-dipping pictures) before deciding I was getting a different kind of attention than I really wanted and took down the account.

Might try out the Juniper Woods nudist resort on one of my days off this week. Will likely decide based on my mood that morning.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
    bill697cu and NudistTed like this.
  10. Granite69

^^^^^

Interesting to look back on this post from just over a year ago. Did a little bit of nude hiking this year but not nearly so much. Stayed much closer to home for my naked fun, taking late night/early morning neighborhood walks and skinny dipping a good bit after work based largely on my wife’s growing acceptance of my naturist ways.

Juniper Woods near Catskill, New York was sold off at the end of last season and is now a textile campground. Also, Abbots Glen near Wilmington Vermont was very recently sold as well and who knows what its future will be. At least the Ledges (a popular nude beach nearby) is still a thing. Decided as well to give True Nudists another try. I guess we’ll see how it goes this time. Send me a PM if you want to connect over there. Year two in the AANR.

bill697cu and nudistguyny like this.
  11. nudistguyny

I gave up on the True Nudist site a long time ago. The comments were sexual in content . And very few people seemed to be honest / true nudists. I have not been back on that site since.

bill697cu and Granite69 like this.
  12. bill697cu

bill697cu Members

I didn't get out for many nude hikes this year. I stay close to home also and hike in nearby woods. The few hikes I had were great. I even had one thunder storm hike and it was the best.

Granite69 likes this.
  13. nudistguyny

I have hiked sections of the Appalachian trail over they years- I have never have done the whole trail through. And never more then a few days at a time. Life commitments never really allowed that amount of time to do so. I have seen people bathing in streams etc. I have seen topless hikers.over the years. But to be honest I have never seen full nudity on the trail itself. Not saying that it has never been there. I just have not witnessed it personally. But then again most of my hikes were not in the more remote areas of the trail so that could have made a difference there.

Granite69, bill697cu and NudistTed like this.
  14. Granite69

Deleted.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2021
    Dude111 likes this.
  15. FireWolf78

FireWolf78 Members

I always wanted to go hiking naked since I'm a nudist myself, but I don't have anyone to go with me & can't find any places here in the USA that won't charge a resort fee if I'm not near any campsites or resorts.

16. FireWolf78

FireWolf78 Members

I agree with you on the rocky part, but I heard laying on a smooth rock is really relaxing.

17. Granite69

Yeah, I mean I get what you’re saying SaraSara, but you just have to embrace it. I hear “bugs” all the time from the haters but there are no bugs if you just keep moving. I hear “cold” all the time from the haters but, again, your body keeps you warm if you stay on the move … at least down to 40 F or so. Rocks and roots as well can be easily dealt with if you just take a little precaution.

Have done at least 100 nude hikes in NY/New England and I love the liberating feeling of it. Not a single downside. To each his or her own, but I have never not even one single time come home any worse for the wear.

Cheers!

18. Granite69

Sounds like the Presidential Range. Have nude hiked in the Whites but never in the Presidentials during my numerous trips there. Not so much from the conditions as from the constant hiker traffic.

Probably the most extreme nude hiking I’ve done in the Northeast was up over North Brother fully naked (except for hiking boots) on my way to Fort in late September up yonder in Baxter State Park, Maine.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
  19. Granite69

I get that. A solid majority of naturists and nudists are into comfortability. Not that it’s a bad thing. But just a different mindset than I have. I’m after the feeling of (non-sexual) physical and psychological discomfort. Hence, I frequently go after being the only crazy guy out there in the cold and/or oddball situations.

bill697cu likes this.