Nude hiking in New York

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by Mullet151, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Mullet151

Mullet151 Members

Hey everyone, I live in the Capital District in New York (Albany area), and I’m always looking for places to go hiking, or at least just hang out while nude. I also wouldn’t mind some company for said hiking. I’d like to meet more like minded people in my area.
    Anybody have any input for me?

Dude111, Photowiz and bill697cu like this.
  2. bill697cu

bill697cu Members

Try for wooded areas near federal land or areas where high tension power lines run. I hike nude in the woods and follow the poles that have woods on both sides. This way if someone is coming you can duck into the woods and wait for them to leave. So far on my hikes I have not run into anyone but can tell people were in the area because of the empty cans.

3. Granite69

Granite69 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Hey Mullet151 ... first post here under this name but have been a hipforums member in the past.

Anyway, I’m from your neck of the woods and have found Vermont is a great place to hike naked as there are no state laws against public nudity as long as you’re not doing anything lewd. I usually hike solo and only strip down in situations when I’m reasonably certain I am not going to encounter families etc. Reaction out on the trail is usually pretty chill ... never had a problem. Many good naked swimming holes in Vermont as well.

4. Marriedactress

Marriedactress Members

I can attest, i have seen nude hikers in Vermont before

Dude111, NudistTed, Granite69 and 2 others like this.
  5. Mullet151

Mullet151 Members

Where are some good places to go? I know little to nothing about Vermont.

6. Granite69

Well, the Long Trail is the main trail that runs along the spine of the Green Mountains for the entire length of the state. Follows the Appalachian Trail in the southern half of Vermont before the AT veers off to the east towards New Hampshire somewhere around Rutland while the Long Trail continues north. A majority of the mountainous hikes you are going to find in Vermont are either on the Long Trail or on trails that connect to the Long Trail.

From the Capital District, the closest access point you will find to the Long Trail is just east of Bennington along Vermont Route 9. There is a long 20 mile RT hike to the summit of Glastenbury you can do from here. I’ve nude hiked it twice. Another good one that is not connected to the Long Trail and reasonably close to the Albany area is Haystack Mountain near Wilmington ... a much shorter hike that I’ve also done naked. One of the cool parts about Haystack is the it is very close to the Ledges, which is one of the most well known nude swimming spots in New England. Can hike Haystack in the morning and the spend the afternoon at the Ledges. Makes for a great day.

bill697cu, Mullet151 and NudistTed like this.
  7. Mullet151

Mullet151 Members

Thank you, Granite69!
    Looks like I'll be planning a hike for Haystack when it gets warmer. A nice swim after a hike sounds great, even now.
    Anybody care to join?

Granite69 and bill697cu like this.
  8. bill697cu

bill697cu Members

Do you also hike barefoot? I hike barefoot and bare ass while in the woods. Just wish weather would get a bit warmer so I can go for a nude hike.

Nudegardner and Mullet151 like this.
  9. Granite69

Under normal circumstances, you wouldn’t have to prod me too much to get me to join you. But things being as they are, I’m currently limiting my contacts to household members and co-workers. Maybe as the summer goes on and this thing **hopefully** fades into the background, we can have a conversation about a nudie hike or two we could do together.

NudistTed and Mullet151 like this.
  10. GypsyHolly83

GypsyHolly83 Members

We're an hour from Albany and this sounds so freeing but I don't think I could ever be brave enough to do it. My soul is mixture of modest and wanting to be free lol Good luck! Have you hit any good hiking areas?

Mullet151 and Granite69 like this.
  11. bill697cu

bill697cu Members

Once you go for a nude hike in nature you will love it. I enjoy the feeling of being one with nature. I enjoy hiking barefoot and bare ass.

12. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Are you not concerned that the police would suspect that you are hiding in the bushes waiting for someone to come along for you to jump out and rape or murder.?
    With the amount of unsolved crime around, it must be a real risk.

13. Granite69

So I had a fantastic nude hike today out of Brandon Gap in Vermont. About 6.6 miles with 2K-plus in elevation gain. Did the whole hike nude (legal in Vermont) but wasn’t ready to put my clothes on at the end ... so I walked across the state highway naked and then drove barefoot and naked to the state line. Good times.

Didn’t run into anyone until near the end of the hike, but they were all super chill about my nudity. :grinning:

As always, felt 100-percent human with all of my 46 chromosomes fully in touch with nature during my hike.

Last edited: May 20, 2020
  14. bill697cu

bill697cu Members

wilsjane and Granite69 like this.
  15. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Thats awesome...... Then you can get naked and dont have to be afraid someone might see ya??

Quite liberal and awesome i would say!

NudistTed and Granite69 like this.
  16. Amontillado

Amontillado Member extraordinaire HipForums Supporter

17. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

This is K-rad!!

Is VT the only state like this??

18. Granite69

Oregon is also similarly nude-friendly. Have been there a few times, but didn’t take advantage of the opportunity.

19. bill697cu

bill697cu Members

I would like to take a nude hike in VT sometime. I wouldn't mind if others wanted to join in and enjoy the freedom.

Dude111 and Granite69 like this.