NRA vs Yeti coolers

Discussion in 'Politics' started by unfocusedanakin, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Kerri

Kerri Members

Lol that hurts me very deeply. But of course your dismissiveness and fake arrogance is indication that my point is valid.

2. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Is this what Fox news tells you? WOW

It's also not really relevant to the topic of the thread.

3. unfocusedanakin

Good for outdoor life in general I guess. Maybe you are taking the truck out to the woods. Maybe you want some cold beer before the Phish show. Works both ways.

4. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Source?

5. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Ask and ye shall receive

GOP baseball shooting: Bernie Sanders says gunman apparently was campaign volunteer
    YouTube shooter was Iranian activist with vendetta against site | Daily Mail Online
    Five Dallas Officers Were Killed as Payback, Police Chief Says

Now if you can find me more than 3 incidents where NRA members carried out or attempted a mass shooting, I'll post in this thread no more.

I don't have Cable News.

A boycott is one thing, but destroying Yeti coolers.... I think this is all about bragging on social media to score more points. I guess it's supposted to encourage others not to buy their products? Who knows? I remember when fans of Sean Hannity smashed their Keurig coffee makers from several feet in the air because they withdrew their sponsorship of his stupid show.

GeorgeJetStoned likes this.
  6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

^maybe not NRA members specifically, but white wing terrorists are the deadliest terrorists in the US . Not peta activists or that one unhinged Bernie volunteer. Sorry to ruin your party .

7. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

lololol

8. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Thanks for the further insight into your modus operandi. Three statistically insignificant incidents in which someone went to the trouble to dig up a political connection to create a misleading impression for propaganda purposes--like that crime wave of two in London. Figures don't lie, but liars can figure.

9. 6-eyed shaman

That moment when one group of people has the gall to label another group as a "terrorist organization" without providing any real examples of terrorism.

10. Toggle Almendro

Toggle Almendro Banned

It's not about getting a discount. It's about the fact that the brand supports violating our civil rights.

True. I'm not going to destroy anything that I've already bought.

But I'm certainly not going to buy anything new from any brand that shuns the NRA.

The next time I travel, I won't be staying at any Best Western or Wyndham Hotels.

When my Symantec subscription expires later this year, I'll be moving to a different company for my internet security suite.

11. unfocusedanakin

The NRA was not specifically targeted it was a general cooperate group rate that was changed. The NRA seems to have missed that. If they liked guns or tea cups the issue is that prices change. They have no stance on guns they have a stance on selling coolers.

12. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Biggest victim group in the US at work: white males.

unfocusedanakin likes this.
  13. unfocusedanakin

Looks like several other cool companies are capitalizing. The Yeti brand will take years to recover if it ever does. I guess when I need a cooler I know who I will pick too.

They could at least donate them. like this police department asks for. I assume many of these people would be BLM supporters. Blue Lives Matter the "real" BLM.

Hartsville Police Department SC
    Around noon today there was a loud explosion north of Hartsville. There is a video going around of someone who blew up a Yeti Cooler in protest of the company's stance on the NRA.

If you have excess Yeti Coolers to blow up; instead, feel free to donate them to the police department, where we can use them to store cold water and sports drinks for our officers during the summer months.

14. Kerri

Kerri Members

Absolutely no question. Whiny victims that are afraid of everything and constantly confuse being contradicted with being persecuted

I'm buying Yeti

15. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

No; it's for yuppies who want to pay exorbitant prices for a name. Trust me. I see them at the ballparks and beaches.

It's a brand that people go after like they go after Nike.

16. 6-eyed shaman

There’s a lotta truth to that. Wahhabism is as right wing as it gets.

17. OrleansWordsmith

OrleansWordsmith Moderate anarchist

I know this is a serious thread about this protest anger... but Nike shoes are the only ones that fit my feet right. I've tried five different brands... just a minor statement...

Noserider and Joboo6 like this.
  18. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

You're excused then.

19. OrleansWordsmith

OrleansWordsmith Moderate anarchist

Those Yetis are extremely expensive. I know about them because I'm a hunter in Ducks Unlimited and we always auction them off to get donations to our organization. You can be pissed at the organization, but shooting a cooler. It's a show of anger and displeasure and bullying. Dispensing with a cooler by asking all members to donate them to organizations that need them, now that would be adult. Destroying someting valuable, even if it's yours, that could benefit someone else is reprehensible. I wonder if anyone would shoot their truck if the brand stopped supporting (in some way) the NRA? I'd love to see that one.

20. Joboo6

Joboo6 Members

You are a very unusual individual. One sentence makes sense and the next is from left field. Yeti has made a decision to put its money on people who can't go 24 hours without wifi. Why would they need to keep stuff cold 48 hours? Yeti is the biggest marketing scheme I've seen in a long time. Seems people of your ilk would despise yeti.. You know they are extreme capatilists, their margins are insane.