NRA vs Yeti coolers

Discussion in 'Politics' started by unfocusedanakin, Apr 24, 2018.

1. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

NRA members are blowing up their expensive YETI coolers - CNN

I know Yeti because it is famous among the concerts I see. It's a great way to tail gate and keep your drinks cold. A very "hippie" brand in my mind I guess. So I was shocked to find out they gave a NRA or rather did. And because the NRA people are so upset they now BUY coolers to shoot or shoot the ones they already have.

First what makes you think you need a discount for a "right"? Not just this but in many others areas they boycott and shoot when they pay the same price. Entitled trophy generation thinking. You need a pat on the back for all your choices. Reminds me of their bitching about the millennial. When they do not get the gold star discount they have a tantrum.

Second if you bought it they already won. No one cares what you do with it after.

Third what kind of responsible gun owner are you now? You are clearly using the gun in anger not logic. Where is the threat to you or friends? There is none you are angry so you pull the trigger.

Why should I believe a person this angry over a cooler is cool headed enough to have a killing tool?

The free market decides.

2. mcme

mcme lurker

You're attributing everything a firearm owner does to anger. Maybe they're just making a statement by practicing with an unusual target that they no longer want.

Orison likes this.
  3. storch

storch banned

Well yeah, it's common knowledge that shooting a cooler is a gateway action that will surely lead to killing humans. I assume you'll ring the town bell to inform us when the ones in the videos finally walk through that infamous gate and start gunning people down.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Maybe but it does make them look dumb if not angry. Yeti coolers cost a fortune and they work really well, why would you destroy that over the end of a discount program. Everyone has to be offended by something I suppose

Kerri likes this.
  5. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

The mindset that a gun is a way to express any emotion is the issue here. And they are angry.

6. Kerri

Kerri Members

It’s much more about fear than anger. It’s a very weak and cowardly group that needs a weapon to feel and express safety

snowtiggernd likes this.
  7. deleted

deleted Visitor

I couldn't care to waste that much ammo. IN fact: carbine expenditure is cancerous, and full of gaseous lead particle. In small amounts no more than auto exhaust. However continuously inhaling firearm smoke is bad to your health, and elevated lead toxicity.. Especially firearm nutjobs.
    I mean, I go to a range like once every 6months, but sometimes twice in the same week or so. I see the same persons like they fucking live there. And no they dont work there!

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

This is my mobile cooler. :)
    Carried me few a fair few piss ups.

[​IMG]

GeorgeJetStoned likes this.
  9. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

Let's be real now. Yes, I realize a FEW kooks have posted about disposing of their Yeti gear with firearms. And yes, I think that's trite and rather stupid. What's interesting is that it only took a FEW of them to get Yeti to backtrack. This should be recognized for what it is, a pivotal moment.

The whole process of what I'd call "Online Boycotts" is heading into a golden age. So many people, previously powerless against massive corporate monoliths are discovering the power of public opinion and capitalizing on it.

I don't buy Yeti swag because it costs way too much for what it does. I prefer cheap, "disposable" insulated ware on the odd chance I might lose or otherwise destroy it. I don't shed a tear when my x-brand coffee mug springs a leak after 9 months of excellent service for $7. But I'd be pissed if I paid $25 and it failed in less than 2 years.

As for gun owners, anything can be a target. Shooting is not about "anger" and it's not about "insecurity" or what have you. It's a tradition that goes back centuries. People have been shooting at bottles for almost as long as gun powder has existed. I realize it's fashionable to "hate" gun owners these days, but to assume they are "all" some sort of unbalanced maniacs in the making is a foolish notion.

For most gun enthusiasts shooting is a sport, nothing more. It's very difficult to hit a 12cm target 1000 meters away at all, let alone in the center.

storch likes this.
  10. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Looks Like A Rather "Immature" Way To Make A Response..... Just Makes The NRA Look Like

A Bunch Of Children That Didn't Get Smacked Hard Enough When They Young...... :rolleyes:

Cheers Glen.

11. storch

storch banned

I'm not worried about 'em. I've started lifting weights and I'm learning to box. Let 'em come.

12. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

So You Lift Bruh...???... :cool:

Cheers Glen.

Noserider likes this.
  13. storch

storch banned

Oh I probably wouldn't have to. I've been shoveling a three hundred and sixty feet long driveway for the past twenty-nine years. And when the grass starts growing, I'll be mowing in three-hour sessions no matter the heat and humidity. But if some NRA bad guys get mad and they get that look in their eye (you know the look), it would probably be good for me to know how to box. Actually, I've seen enough MMA fights to kick someone's ass by memory.

GLENGLEN likes this.
  14. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

There’ve been more BLM activists, Bernie Sanders supporters, and PETA activists that’ve gone on mass shooting sprees than NRA members

Let that sink in

machinist likes this.
  15. mcme

mcme lurker

Sometimes you spend a little money to send a message. Who's offended?

Is there a better eaw to show your disapproval with yeti's policy regarding the NRA than shooting one of their coolers?

I gloss over your responses just to make sure you've said nothing relevant, and here we have some more of your nonsense.

storch likes this.
  16. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Lol sometimes you spend money to send a message

I'm not sure thats quite how boycotts work

Noserider likes this.
  17. mcme

mcme lurker

You probably don't go out and buy one to shoot, you take the one from your garage that you're embarrassed to be seen with and shoot that one.

GLENGLEN, GeorgeJetStoned and storch like this.
  18. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

really? i only recently heard of yeti coolers, because some rednecks i know recommended them.

[​IMG]

McFuddy, storch and GLENGLEN like this.
  19. Meliai

Meliai Banned

They ended a discount program with several organizations, not just the NRA. Bit sensitive of the NRA to feel embarrassed about it but whatever floats their boat

And what better way to protest the end of a discount than to destroy something you bought at a discount

Murca

20. storch

storch banned

Good point! I'll stick with my gun. Disaster averted.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018