NRA Anounces National "Bring A Gun To Work Day"

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by ezm8, Apr 21, 2013.

1. EL Tuna

EL Tuna Member

Oh well, Its kinda the whole point of 'CCW' permit. But you seem to think that a sign will stop a criminal, It wont. So if they are going to carry, Im sure as hell going. Good luck with your 'property rights' bullshit, You're going to need it.

2. antithesis

antithesis Hello

It is probably because of the tequila shots but I laughed for like 5 minutes after I read this.

3. antithesis

antithesis Hello

See, this makes sense to me.

The thing that worries me about gun owners is that I know some people that have them and they have no idea how to use them, they don't know how to aim or really anything about them. I think if you own a gun you should have some training to know how to use it properly.

4. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Of course I don't think a sign will stop a criminal, nobody ever said that.

Holy fuck I hope you don't really have a permit. If I had the necessary information about you, I'd use this conversation to attempt to get it revoked, as it's rather reasonably good evidence that you're quite ignorant, aggressive and self-centered with respect to rights, and only seem to see those that apply to you and that you can enforce on others.

And yes, I know, you'll say you'd carry with or without a permit..... but at least you would be on the other side of the law, as you bluster about criminals.

5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i'm not on the side of the n.r.a. i'm on the side of little furry creatures with big sharp teeth.

if humans want to kill each other, that's their own insanity. as long as they don't kill me.
    if they do, well, i won't have to worry about it after they already have.
    although it might be fun to be a poltergeist, and give people a conscious who didn't know they had one.

6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

fair enough. I don't think I phrased that right. I just meant, I don't really understand why not being able to buy a certain type of gun interferes with your rights. You still technically have the right to bare arms, just not in the form of an assault rifle that can take out almost 30 school children in a matter of minutes.

I will admit that I'm reacting emotionally a bit. I do know logically that handguns statistically kill more people, but I can't get past the speed in which an assault rifle can inflict damage. It is a weapon of mass destruction whereas I don't think a handgun is.

I'm the same way. I have no problem with responsible gun ownership but the irresponsible people scare the absolute shit out of me. My boyfriend really wants to get a gun and I told him he couldn't bring a gun in our house unless I learn how to shoot first. I would hate to become one of those irresponsible gun owners when faced with a threatening situation.

7. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

As far as the statistics go, we could just legalize drugs and stop propping up violent cartels.

But that would be too simple and freedom-oriented.

However, I think that the middle of the road is right on gun control. It shouldn't be easier to get a gun, though we're obviously not about to (and should not) ban guns.

I think we need to forget about guns, and work on cultural change that will make guns less relevant, and thus gun crime less likely. But we can't do that while the NRA showboats in center stage. This whole thing is just a giant gift to the gun industry. In the end nothing will change, but they will be sold out of everything. It's like the bailout, it doesn't help the common people at all, but is christmas come early to the big companies.