Now You Can't Drink Water

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Resistance isn't futile, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

I was just reading an article about this issue. It was mentioning the environmental toll of music festivals, when a bunch of drugs fall into nearby rivers from prescription to illicit. I'm a bit confused how this would get into our drinking water though, I thought they were pretty regulated when it came to filtration. Even still, I dont know if any effects could be drawn out after such a heavy dilution. Might be happening, and have no effects.

2. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

from what i understand is that most methods of filtration won't remove these types of contaminants. they can be removed by activated carbon filtration or reverse osmosis i think but it's not usually done since it's so costly to implement on such a large scale.

3. rambleON

rambleON Coup

distilled water is a safe altrenative...though it is without minerals you can get your minerals from food and also, distilled helps to leach out toxins out your body (its not a cure all but it's an alternative to urban tap yo)

though the catch would be that plastic jugs in grocery stores are probably leaching into the distilled water and compromising it...you could just buy a machine or make some at home.

I did 19 days of no food and only distilled water on a fast....by day 8 I was puking out bile because toxins were being released so fast my liver could not handle the load....

4. Scr3wHeaD

Scr3wHeaD Members

not only chemicals but radioactive waste is becoming more and more prevalant

5. Terrapin2190

Terrapin2190 I am nature.

Ah crap. I just drank 2 glasses of water from the tap. Maybe some day I'll grow an extra limb...

Don't forget about radiation in our food too. All the rice coming from China and Japan after the nuclear plant meltdown plus the sea being completely contaminated...

Moral of story... We're doomed. :)

I'm sure Monsnto will come up with a FIX

6. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

I blame those darned Commies...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr2bSL5VQgM

1 person likes this.
  7. scarlet skies

scarlet skies Guest

8. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

all i have to say is that the capitalist model is unsustainable and bound to fail. what gives on person the right to own resources like water? everyone should be entitled to their basic needs like water and food, and there need not be incentive for evil corporations to buy up resources an then exploit people to line their own pockets.

1 person likes this.
  9. scarlet skies

scarlet skies Guest

fully agree

10. BlondeSunshine

BlondeSunshine Members

I buy bottled water because I prefer it flavoured. Just my preference. [​IMG]

11. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

I'm addicted to these
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I'm on my own well... 135 feet deep and it's good water. I need to get it powered by solar though, as it is if the electric goes down I don't have water.

13. katkin

katkin Member

Love this too!

14. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Be careful... Some of that crap has ASPERTAME in it!!

15. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

That's okay... It's only plastic. [/sarcasm]

16. themnax

themnax Senior Member

ah well you see, regulated, that's words on paper in law books. now for years corporations have been getting away with whatever was convenient to their accumulating of little green pieces of paper, in countries too little to defend themselves, and big countries using it as an excuse to make war on them if they try to. today though, the corporations have gotten so big, in the sense of their power, that even the most powerful countries, yes even the u.s., can no longer defend themselves from this. and of course they try to pass this off, by pointing at smaller fish then themselves, cutting corners to stay in the game.
    that's what makes the game itself, rotten to the core.
    and then we have the markets is a magic wand types, getting elected because people are gullible when they think they might get something for themselves out of it.
    and thus we are lead down this garden path, to a kind of neo-feudalism. shadow puppet governments of economic interests having usurped the democratic processes we claim to be guaranteed, again on paper.
    and of course these same interests control most of what you are entertained by.
    excitement is just one more of their trojan horse sucker traps.

its sort of like kharma, when it comes back around in the most powerful countries that these corporate interest were first spawned in.
    what that has to do with someone else's recreational chemistry getting into your drinking water, is all these lovely regulations, having had the teeth of being able to enforce them, pulled by these same markets is a magic wand, political pets of corporate economic interest.

17. sararanzil

sararanzil Members

still drinking water like it was 1999 :D